• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

shanafan

Super frustrated that Splash was not tested before it was released. Faced a team that was glitching in the walls, on top of the structures, etc.

I wish these players could get banned for using an exploit like that. This is like Freight in Ghosts all over again.

You would think that with so many YouTubers who make their living off of playing COD, and are flown out to play the new maps, this sort-of thing would never happen.

Radec

Did they changed the lighting of Hunted?

I played it for the first time after patch last night and it was so bright.

Hikami

Kinda wish that I didn't buy the dlc.
I don't regret buying it since the maps are awesome, especially the new zombies but.. I hope COD just goes the free map DLC route at some point so the player base won't get split up. I had been running into the same people in Ground War before the DLC pretty frequently, but now it's like every other match.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Splash is growing on me, but damn - not a fan of skyjacked, sorry to say

Yeah, the core of the map just wasn't designed with the speed and versatility of the new movement systems in mind, and the small adjustments don't do enough to accommodate them. Nuk3town should have given people a good idea of why a Hijacked remake wasn't a good idea. The game doesn't need any more meat-grind maps.

Creaking

when does the patch come out for xb1? do we have to wait for the dlc?

Dunno about the patch, but yeah, it's a one month wait on the DLC. Sorry. I don't care if it was the reverse for the past several CoD's, I just wish it were out for everyone at the same time.

On the plus side you'll never have to deal with the map-glitchers.

I don't regret buying it since the maps are awesome, especially the new zombies but.. I hope COD just goes the free map DLC route at some point so the player base won't get split up. I had been running into the same people in Ground War before the DLC pretty frequently, but now it's like every other match.

Ugh they are still splitting player bases, I play hardcore which is already slightly thin on the ground if you don't play TDM.

Repo Man

Crikey! Just tried the Dredge for the first time, what a cool gun and seems damn accurate too. I was trolling the shit out of 2 snipers in Nuketown from the building windows, can't wait to do the 5 attachment challenge with it eventually.

On Demand

Banned
Is the player base really separated from the DLC? I never payed attention to this in COD games. I was watching a stream and the streamer mentioned to his party about a clan...."wow we just played with these guys yesterday, they're going to quit in like 20 seconds as always".

The community must be very small with DLC if you're constantly playing the same players. Was this how it was handled in all COD's?

Skittles

GGs silver and phazon. We'll pretty much be masters of the map with how everything is going haha. When are you both free for that again? If another person wants to join us, I'd like to try the full easter egg eventually

edit: nvm, EE can be done with any amount of people

GGs silver and phazon. We'll pretty much be masters of the map with how everything is going haha. When are you both free for that again? If another person wants to join us, I'd like to try the full easter egg eventually

edit: nvm, EE can be done with any amount of people

I'll be available again tonight around 5:30 PST

Is the player base really separated from the DLC? I never payed attention to this in COD games. I was watching a stream and the streamer mentioned to his party about a clan...."wow we just played with these guys yesterday, they're going to quit in like 20 seconds as always".

The community must be very small with DLC if you're constantly playing the same players. Was this how it was handled in all COD's?

Yes. The player base is fragmented. All different combinations of DLC owners will get their own separate player base.

If you want the DLC, you must get the $50 season pass because that's what the biggest DLC-owning fragment will be. Anything else will screw you.

Daffy Duck

Yet more tweaks inbound, looks like SMG's will be catching a nerf soon.

I don't think I've ever played a CoD that has changed this much, you can't get a feel for anything because it always seems to be changed.

Yes. The player base is fragmented. All different combinations of DLC owners will get their own separate player base.

If you want the DLC, you must get the $50 season pass because that's what the biggest DLC-owning fragment will be. Anything else will screw you.

I don't think that's true is it? Does it not just group you with players who have the DLC regardless of if they bought it from the season pass or as only map pack 1.

I don't think I've ever played a CoD that has changed this much, you can't get a feel for anything because it always seems to be changed.

I don't think that's true is it? Does it not just group you with players who have the DLC regardless of if they bought it from the season pass or as only map pack 1.

Dammit I just finished up assault rifles and now I am doing SMG's. I am doing so good with the kuda, way better then I thought I would. Man kill confirmed plus overdrive on nuketown is the best thing ever. Everytime that combo comes up I finish in the winners circle, when I am normally near the bottom most matches. Does anyone know why so many people dont collect tags? Every time I play KC there will be people with 30 kills but only 2 confirms. I just run around grabbing all the tags that people leave behind, it is such a weird way to play to me.

Skittles

The vesper needs a nerf badly though :p

Repo Man

Does anyone know why so many people dont collect tags? Every time I play KC there will be people with 30 kills but only 2 confirms. I just run around grabbing all the tags that people leave behind, it is such a weird way to play to me.

Think you just answered your own question :p

You're collecting the tags right under their noses and they go "oh ffs theres that Yankeehater again stealing my tag!!!"

Seriously though, I know what you mean. I've done a fair few KC matches on Nuketown and I think with Nuketown most people go in there just looking for an easy and fast way to level up a weapon or complete challenges and fuck the objectives. I confess that I'm sometimes guilty of this.

Think you just answered your own question :p

You're collecting the tags right under their noses and they go "oh ffs theres that Yankeehater again stealing my tag!!!"

Seriously though, I know what you mean. I've done a fair few KC matches on Nuketown and I think with Nuketown most people go in there just looking for an easy and fast way to level up a weapon or complete challenges and fuck the objectives. I confess that I'm sometimes guilty of this.

Oh no I really am consious of not stealing people tags, If I see someone kill someone I wont go for it, I will go off somewhere else, but then I will die respawn and still just see the tag sitting there. I guess what you are saying makes sense though about people trying to do challenges and such.

If they do anything to the Razorback they should give it back a 3 shot kill range. I just unlocked it and it's my favorite gun, they better not fuck it up.

Skittles

How much can they nerf it before it's useless though?
Well, they haven't nerfed it yet. So they still have quite a ways to go. Either fire rate, damage, or recoil need to be increased. I'd recommend a slight fire rate need while greatly increasing the recoil

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Well, they haven't nerfed it yet. So they still have quite a ways to go. Either fire rate, damage, or recoil need to be increased. I'd recommend a slight fire rate need while greatly increasing the recoil

They nerfed the range a little while ago already. The fire rate is the same as the Skorpion in BO2, and makes it unique. Plus the magazine feels really small due to the fire rate, if you decrease it, it doesn't bleed through bullets as fast, and doesn't punish you as much for missing shots. I guess they could increase recoil, but good players will always be able to control it. I don't think it's a big problem in the hands of your average player, at least the same as the KRM, if you get surprised around a corner and they hit shots first, yeah you're going to die.

Von tweeted RIP Vesper btw.

Been having a rough time with these new maps. My ping fluctuates like crazy. Use to have a steady 17 ping until the DLC hit. Want to really like this DLC,but I either keep getting spawn killed, or douchebags glitch in splash. Also, every single TDM I play runs the time limit. Probably the most boring time I've had with blops 3. Hopefully it gets better a month from now. Can we still not delete DLC from PS4? Really don't want to play these maps like this.

Skittles

They nerfed the range a little while ago already. The fire rate is the same as the Skorpion in BO2, and makes it unique. Plus the magazine feels really small due to the fire rate, if you decrease it, it doesn't bleed through bullets as fast, and doesn't punish you as much for missing shots. I guess they could increase recoil, but good players will always be able to control it. I don't think it's a big problem in the hands of your average player, at least the same as the KRM, if you get surprised around a corner and they hit shots first, yeah you're going to die.

Von tweeted RIP Vesper btw.
Main problem with the vesper is that it beats out every gun at close range. Unless you have thr krm and are e,tremely close, you're pretty much dead. Even if you fire first

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Main problem with the vesper is that it beats out every gun at close range. Unless you have thr krm and are e,tremely close, you're pretty much dead. Even if you fire first

Actually the XR-2 has a faster ttk up close than the Vesper.

If the Vesper doesn't beat everything else at close range, what is it good for?

God I hope the vesper doesn't get nerfed too hard before I gold it. I'm waiting to get to level 34 again so I can unlock Primary Gunfighter 3 and do the 5 attachment camo with it. Hate that you can't finish a gun without Primary 3 @ level 34. I have a couple guns on standby waiting for that.

God I hope the vesper doesn't get nerfed too hard before I gold it. I'm waiting to get to level 34 again so I can unlock Primary Gunfighter 3 and do the 5 attachment camo with it. Hate that you can't finish a gun without Primary 3 @ level 34. I have a couple guns on standby waiting for that.
I used my second unlock token on primary 3 just so I wouldn't have to deal with that crap.

Daffy Duck

Think I'm done with this game, I can't play any mode without crippling lag, nothing on my setup has changed I have an open nat but it's just a slideshow everyone in my lobby is constantly flicking between 1-4 bars.

Think I'm done with this game, I can't play any mode without crippling lag, nothing on my setup has changed I have an open nat but it's just a slideshow everyone in my lobby is constantly flicking between 1-4 bars.
Ever since Tuesday Ive been lagging like crazy, before the maps hits - it was 95% smooth gameplay, now its laggy/slow and frustrating, before I usually always agreed on how I died and didnt blame connection but now its different.

Skittles

Actually the XR-2 has a faster ttk up close than the Vesper.

If the Vesper doesn't beat everything else at close range, what is it good for?
It's an smg, it absolutely should not be beating out 75% of shotguns at close range.
Does Double Weapon XP also work in Zombies?
Yes
Have Treyarch tampered with the matchmaking recently? I've been getting frequently wrecked ever since the DLC released.
I think it's more like, people who are good at the game came back because of new dlc

Creaking

Strange, ever since the DLC came out I've notice a resurgence in quickscopers except now they're the high flying Locus kind.

The Locus is pretty much the only sniper you can "quickscope" with. The others all ADS too slowly, and snipers don't get a quick-draw attachment.

Kalentan

Uh... Did they do something to the "Hunted" map? Like... suddenly I felt there was way more details in the background and the lighting seemed a light brighter and such.

Top Bottom