• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

Repo Man

Looking for tips on how to get longshot medals easily with snipers, I thought the bloodthirsty medals would be tough but turned out they are the easier ones and I actually struggle with longshots.

eek5

Looking for tips on how to get longshot medals easily with snipers, I thought the bloodthirsty medals would be tough but turned out they are the easier ones and I actually struggle with longshots.

Just go to all the popular window snipe spots. e.g. Hunted from window/hut or Infection from top church to house. Those are all longshots and people will keep funneling into them

Repo Man

Just go to all the popular window snipe spots. e.g. Hunted from window/hut or Infection from top church to house. Those are all longshots and people will keep funneling into them

Yeah I did some googling and a few reddit posts seemed to point out that using the Varix zoomed out would reduce the distance required for a longshot but I think thats a myth or a placebo effect that only applies to AR's and the like. I deducted that the common spots like the buildings in Hunted you mention or the windows in Fringe are the places to be. Got a few on Evac as well, Nuketown which was a great map for the bloodthirsty medals seems a waste of time for longshots though.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Yeah I did some googling and a few reddit posts seemed to point out that using the Varix zoomed out would reduce the distance required for a longshot but I think thats a myth or a placebo effect that only applies to AR's and the like.

That used to be the case, but they fixed it in a recent patch.

eek5

Yeah I did some googling and a few reddit posts seemed to point out that using the Varix zoomed out would reduce the distance required for a longshot but I think thats a myth or a placebo effect that only applies to AR's and the like. I deducted that the common spots like the buildings in Hunted you mention or the windows in Fringe are the places to be. Got a few on Evac as well, Nuketown which was a great map for the bloodthirsty medals seems a waste of time for longshots though.

The varix glitch was patched recently which is why it no longer works.

Falchion

Been grinding out some of these weapon prestiges this weekend to take advantage of the double XP. Hopefully by tomorrow my Man o War, VMP, and HVK30 will be maxed out.

Nodnol

Nooby question; do you earn COD Points like you do cryptokeys? I had 200 for reason; I'm guessing they just give you those though?

I managed to get the MX Garand; pretty fun to use.

Edit; What comes out on top between Shieva vs Garand? What do people prefer?

eek5

Nooby question; do you earn COD Points like you do cryptokeys? I had 200 for reason; I'm guessing they just give you those though?

No you can't earn them. They gave 200 to start though.

Garand is better. The only way to get it is via the crates. COD points can only be bought with real world money (they're microtransactions--aka a big point of controversy).

Crates would be fine if it was just cosmetic items, but they introduced new weapons such as the MX Garand, which outclass the Sheiva.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZNrp_MeeNs

Rixxan

wish i had the balls to reset my stats

nVtqlAt.png

Hmmm extended mags, or fast mags, on the MX Garand. I'm thinking extended as the reload time doesn't bother me that much, and I'd rather have a few more rounds in the mag.

Oh you can reset your stats? I used the Fresh Start option for the challenge but IIRC it didn't reset my stats, always wondered if there was a way to purge my awful play on the first prestige.

Daffy Duck

God i was struggling for ages to get head shots with the Sheiva I think I went about 30 games with about 5 so I gave up last prestige to focus on other weapons, then last night i unlocked it again and I managed to get 33 in 40 minutes to get that challenge done.

God i was struggling for ages to get head shots with the Sheiva I think I went about 30 games with about 5 so I gave up last prestige to focus on other weapons, then last night i unlocked it again and I managed to get 33 in 40 minutes to get that challenge done.
Were you using high caliber on the Sheiva? I personally found the Sheiva headshots to be pretty easy. Personally, I was struggling for a bit getting Longshots with the KN-44 this morning. Got it done though. I did have one game where I got 24 headshots with the KN-44 with high caliber on Combine. Hahaha

Daffy Duck

Yeah I was, I had no problem killing people with it but just couldn't aim high enough for the headshot, was winding me right up, I'd go on a spree and end up with zero head shots lol.

Hmmm extended mags, or fast mags, on the MX Garand. I'm thinking extended as the reload time doesn't bother me that much, and I'd rather have a few more rounds in the mag.

What do you feel like happens more often?

Do you need to reload quicker because you need to get to another gun fight quicker.

Or do you need to have more bullets because you are doing constant fights.

Creaking

Do you need to reload quicker because you need to get to another gun fight quicker.

Another thing to consider is that the MX Garand can't be manually reloaded before the magazine is spent.

I feel like the MX garand benefits the most from an attachment focused class rather than a perk focused one.

Drop what you can and add attachments.

The person who allowed shotguns to have Rapid Fire and Long Barrel attachments should be shot.
Rapid firs only increases fire rate by around 6% on shotguns.

Long barrel depends on what shotgun you're using. It's a crutch for the haymaker and brecci, meanwhile it gives the Argus one of the most ridiculous ranges on any COD shotgun.

Creaking

Rapid firs only increases fire rate by around 6% on shotguns.

Long barrel depends on what shotgun you're using. It's a crutch for the haymaker and brecci, meanwhile it gives the Argus one of the most ridiculous ranges on any COD shotgun.

You have to aim for it to count on the Argus though. Thing is more like a short-range bolt action rifle than a shotgun.

I just got the gun yesterday, so I'll need to play around with it a bit more to decide what I like best, given its unique attributes. It's a really fun gun to use though.

Rixxan

finally seems like my theater is working again

nothing special but i havent uploaded anything in a couple weeks so whatever - starts a little slow but then breaks open, was a kill or two away from a nuclear but who gives a shit - still mad i lost that double nuclear gameplay from last week

meh clip but its 83-3 with almost 50 tags, cycled streaks nearly 7 times - 1100SPM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVxvuLqdwYc

Top Bottom