• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

Grexeno

Oops

I'm sorry Jorge, but I sort of forgot that I really really can't hang in Domination. :(

EDIT: I'm also playing on wireless so I probably was the one giving you lag.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Welp,

Black Matter
Prestige Master
All Hero Gear

All that's left is challenges and gold-ing my Black Market weapons.
And Prestige Master lvl 1000

Turns out the HG 40 got a buff from an unlikely source in today's patch. The new recoil reduction that comes with certain optics actually makes it usable at a range, at least with a grip (haven't tried without yet). Hell yeah. Apparently it also got a buff to it's 3hk range, but I haven't noticed.

Apparently you get a calling card for 100% everything, completing every single challenge that exists in the game. I wonder how that looks...

prestige master 1000?

Yeah, you don't know what that is? After you reach prestige master you can level up beyond level 55 (each level up is 55,000 XP or more if I recall correctly). For every 100 levels, you get the prestige icons from World at War, Black ops 1, and Black Ops 2 to use as your prestige icon symbol thing. (If you make it to level 100, you can change your icon to the prestige 1 icons from WAW, BO, and BO2. Level 200 unlocks the prestige 2 icons for those games, and so on. Reaching level 1,000 unlocks the master prestige icons from all of the past Treyarch games).

Apparently you get a calling card for 100% everything, completing every single challenge that exists in the game. I wonder how that looks...

I think you need to do the clean slate challenge too, which resets your everything.

Edit: sorry for dp!

Double edit: scratch that, fresh start not needed apparently. Pretty disappointing calling card for 100% as well.

angelic

Banned

Yeah, you don't know what that is? After you reach prestige master you can level up beyond level 55 (each level up is 55,000 XP or more if I recall correctly). For every 100 levels, you get the prestige icons from World at War, Black ops 1, and Black Ops 2 to use as your prestige icon symbol thing. (If you make it to level 100, you can change your icon to the prestige 1 icons from WAW, BO, and BO2. Level 200 unlocks the prestige 2 icons for those games, and so on. Reaching level 1,000 unlocks the master prestige icons from all of the past Treyarch games).

No, I do, but thanks for the extra info on it, which I didnt. I just notice once you hit 10 youre a master, and then you move on. Ive been seeing less fraudulent 1000s lately also so maybe they have been clamping down.

Well done btw.

No, I do, but thanks for the extra info on it, which I didnt. I just notice once you hit 10 youre a master, and then you move on. Ive been seeing less fraudulent 1000s lately also so maybe they have been clamping down.

Well done btw.

Thank you!

Actually, you don't hit prestige master when you become prestige 10. Technically speaking, Prestige Master starts at Prestige 10 level 56.

Creaking

HG 40 is now gold.

danger-5.jpg

Getting 100 head shots took nearly 1,000 kills, but the rest of the challenges were a breeze. Prestiged it twice and 3-4 levels away from getting it max. Still not a very good weapon, but it looks cool. It also got a small, unmentioned ammo buff in the last patch. Used to be 30 bullets in a mag and 42 in extended mags, now it's 32 and 45. Small, but hey, anything to make it more than a slow Kuda.

Nearly have enough cryptokeys for another 5+ rare openings. Not sure if I want to do them now, or wait a week to see if they're going to lock any more cool stuff behind the RNG monster...

How are the new maps guys?

About to get on

They're pretty all right, although the hard-point placement on Rift is ridiculous. Verge is a little cluttered, but that's probably just the roughness that comes from unfamiliarity. Wish I could find a game of ground war with these maps.

Repo Man

Wasn't sure about the SVG-100 initally due to the rather excessive sway when ADS but I think I'm finally getting the hang of it and the gun is starting to feel rather sweet. Just played a round of TDM and gained 2 levels for it and 3 camos, went 21 - 14 on combine of all maps which isn't very sniper friendly. Look forward to playing more with it tonight and tomorrow when its my day off.

Kalentan

God damn, second time on Verge where it's like: Okay, let's kick ass for round 1 and then lose horribly in round 2. It's like the enemy team actually starts trying in round 2 and played passively in 1.

Creaking

Ugh, I've gotten the same Argus variant 3 times in the past 25 drops. Can I maybe repurpose those unlikely odds?

M.D

Oh man, first time getting R.A.P.S all on my own (Team Deathmatch)

It started out as a really shitty game but I went Super Saiyan on their ass

Oh man, first time getting R.A.P.S all on my own (Team Deathmatch)

It started out as a really shitty game but I went Super Saiyan on their ass

Huh, impressive. Congratulations! I'm sure that was no easy task for you, especially in TDM. So, what did you think of the RAPS? Did you find them effective?

M.D

Huh, impressive. Congratulations! I'm sure that was no easy task for you, especially in TDM. So, what did you think of the RAPS? Did you find them effective?

It's probably my favorite scorestreak in the game, and it's pretty ridiculous that they got buffed lol

I mean, you could always shoot down the ship but most people don't bother to switch to another class with a launcher to take down a UAV or C-UAV

Also, I just got another one but the game was at 99 kills and I died before I could launch it ;s
BTW, did you see my last message to you when you tried to invite me? I always get your invites 8 minutes late or so, and when I tried to join with the quick join in-game it told me the lobby was full

It's probably my favorite scorestreak in the game, and it's pretty ridiculous that they got buffed lol

I mean, you could always shoot down the ship but most people don't bother to switch to another class with a launcher to take down a UAV or C-UAV

Also, I just got another one but the game was at 99 kills and I died before I could launch it ;s
BTW, did you see my last message to you when you tried to invite me? I always get your invites 8 minutes late or so, and when I tried to join with the quick join in-game it told me the lobby was full

You have definitely grown over time, I'm proud of you. However, you still have a bit more to go. Here's a personal challenge from me, though you can choose whether or not to accept it. Earn your first Mothership.

Indeed, it's fairly easy to shoot down the ship. Although truth be told it moves rather fast and can sometimes be difficult to get a good angle on it with the launcher. Also, it needs four rockets and the deploy ship itself is in and out of the map in a matter of seconds (I'm not joking, whenever I get two raps I usually just spam the button to call it in again because the ship leaves incredibly fast. That's why using a Wraith and a RAPS together works so well. Most of the time, they will cover each other and last longer together than they would on their own. Other times, one takes a hit for the team and is destroyed while the other lives on. It is very rare to have them both be destroyed.

Ah yes, I recall reading that message. I didn't get to play yesterday, sadly. I suppose what I'll do from now on is invite and wait for you first so that I won't have any other party members to keep waiting. After you join, then I'll invite everyone else. How does that sound?

Ensoul

I did like the fact they buffed the 48 dredge. Still have 60 more head shots though.

I could be wrong but it seemed like they nerfed the care packages. 99% (even with a re-roll) I was getting UAV, counter UAV a HDXC's all night.

M.D

You have definitely grown over time, I'm proud of you. You still have a bit more to go, though. Here's a personal challenge from me, though you can choose whether or not to accept it. Earn your first Mothership.

Ah yes, I recall reading that message. I didn't get to play yesterday, though. I suppose what I'll do from now on is invite and wait for you first so that I won't have any other party members to keep waiting. After you join, then I'll invite everyone else. How does that sound?

That would be pretty ridiculous to pull off, but I might be able to do that with the right combination of scores streaks to help me towards that Mothership ;p

I might just pull it off in one game, but probably won't be able to on a constant basis. Although I did just game my third R.A.P.S now!

Regarding the invites, if you can, invite me through the game next time (you can do that by pressing triangle and seeing your friend's list in game). I think it might be instant unlike the PS4 party invite

That would be pretty ridiculous to pull off, but I might be able to do that with the right combination of scores streaks to help me towards that Mothership ;p

I might just pull it off in one game, but probably won't be able to on a constant basis. Although I did just game my third R.A.P.S now!

Regarding the invites, if you can, invite me through the game next time (you can do that by pressing triangle and seeing your friend's list in game). I think it might be instant unlike the PS4 party invite

Oh? As far as I recall, all of my invitations are from the game (pressing triangle to invite you). I don't think I've ever asked for a PS4 party invite. Weird. I guess I can just message you telling you that I'll invite you and/or I'm alone and waiting for you to join.

Would you say you're feeling more comfortable using high scorestreaks? Perhaps not in TDM, since that can prove troublesome at times, but if you were to play Domination in one of my parties (where score is generally more obtainable and is dispersed more for everyone), can you see yourself getting such high streaks often and reliably (I ask since it's a little unspoken rule in my party that everyone inside has to have a friendly competition to see who can perform best and/or get their streaks the fastest, and it would be fun to do that with you)?

M.D

Oh? As far as I recall, all of my invitations are from the game (pressing triangle to invite you). I don't think I've ever asked for a PS4 party invite. Weird. I guess I can just message you telling you that I'll invite you and/or I'm alone and waiting for you to join.

Would you say you're feeling more comfortable using high scorestreaks? Perhaps not in TDM, since that can prove troublesome at times, but if you were to play Domination in one of my parties (where score is generally more obtainable and is dispersed more for everyone), can you see yourself getting such high streaks often and reliably (I ask since it's a little unspoken rule in my party that everyone inside has to have a friendly competition to see who can perform best and/or get their streaks the fastest, and it would be fun to do that with you)?

Ah, I thought you were inviting me through the PS4 OS... Maybe you should invite me through that then haha, it might be faster? I have no idea why they take so long to arrive

I'm not sure about R.A.P.S and the like but maybe something like Hardened Sentry or Cerberus

I still have games where I play awful then get frustrated and play even worse

Ah, I thought you were inviting me through the PS4 OS... Maybe you should invite me through that then haha, it might be faster? I have no idea why they take so long to arrive

I'm not sure about R.A.P.S and the like but maybe something like Hardened Sentry or Cerberus

I still have games where I play awful then get frustrated and play even worse

Alright, I can try that.

Okay, cool, that sounds nice.

Don't worry, it happens to the best of us.

Daffy Duck

The grind for dark matter is killing me and my enjoyment of the game.

I'm probably going up against the wrong people and in the wrong game modes but I'm trying to do the KRM/Vesper/Pharo at the moment and in GW Safe Guard I am getting wrecked as people in this playlist are often pretty good and I struggle to get headshots/up close for the KRM.

:(

Last night was a particularly bad night too, I ended up on a Dutch server against a whole team of Firebreaks who rushed us on the spawn of Breach and we couldn't do anything, we were just being overrun by them all the time with the purifier/heatwave and we got wrecked! Was very frustrating. They are all 200+ with hero armour/dark matter.

Ensoul

The grind for dark matter is killing me and my enjoyment of the game.

I'm probably going up against the wrong people and in the wrong game modes but I'm trying to do the KRM/Vesper/Pharo at the moment and in GW Safe Guard I am getting wrecked as people in this playlist are often pretty good and I struggle to get headshots/up close for the KRM.

:(

Last night was a particularly bad night too, I ended up on a Dutch server against a whole team of Firebreaks who rushed us on the spawn of Breach and we couldn't do anything, we were just being overrun by them all the time with the purifier/heatwave and we got wrecked! Was very frustrating. They are all 200+ with hero armour/dark matter.

I am in the same boat. Right now this game is simply a head shot simulator for me with guns I really don't want to use. So like you, I am not enjoying myself very much. For whatever reason I feel like I always have to be working toward something in this game. Until I do I cannot use weapons I have already earned diamond for.

At the end of the day I am really not sure why I am even bothering trying. I still have one LMG, three shotguns, all the snipers, three side arms and the knife to get gold. The kicker is I don't think I have the skill to get the bloodthirstys for the snipers.

By the time I am close to getting Dark matter space ops will be out.

Daffy Duck

i find the snipers tolerable (now the Drakon is done) but I cannot seem to get the final two bloodthirsties for the Locus to save my life, I got to 4 last night and then the game ended.

I'm the same, I've got Diamond on the AR's and all the SMG's apart from Pharo/Vesper and I just don't feel I can use any gun I've done as it's just wasted time (and I don't get to play much anyway).

Maybe I should just mark Dark Matter as unobtainable. I have All shotguns apart from KR, All LMG's, Pistols, knife and the two SMG's to go, I think it's too much. Another case of should have done it at launch before all these weapon nefs.

Ensoul

I am all over the place with my diamond grind. Most of the LMG challenges are done (need a few more bloodthirstys for two of the guns) I need 50 kills with 6 attachments for the first shotgun. I have about 50 headshots with the haymaker. Have 100 one hit kills with the Lucos.

I guess there is a reason why we don't see people running around with Dark Camo all that much. To get dark camo you have have a ton of free time or be really good at the game. The grind getting there just isn't much fun at all.

angelic

Banned
i find the snipers tolerable (now the Drakon is done) but I cannot seem to get the final two bloodthirsties for the Locus to save my life, I got to 4 last night and then the game ended.

I'm the same, I've got Diamond on the AR's and all the SMG's apart from Pharo/Vesper and I just don't feel I can use any gun I've done as it's just wasted time (and I don't get to play much anyway).

Maybe I should just mark Dark Matter as unobtainable. I have All shotguns apart from KR, All LMG's, Pistols, knife and the two SMG's to go, I think it's too much. Another case of should have done it at launch before all these weapon nefs.

supressor, thermal site, hardcore, camp the bridge on fringe or the grass in hunted

MrBlonde

Can anyone confirm the new update is out on the Xbox or just PS4 and Xbox later when the maps come to us?

Did a quick Google search and couldn't find much other then it saying its out on PS4 with the new maps but I would think if its weapon balancing and other things it would be on both.

Daffy Duck

supressor, thermal site, hardcore, camp the bridge on fringe or the grass in hunted

I think I might have to resort to that, at least to reset myself on what my priorities are so I'm not stuck on a camo across several guns.

I love your avatar. <3 Cheryl.

angelic

Banned
I think I might have to resort to that, at least to reset myself on what my priorities are so I'm not stuck on a camo across several guns.

I love your avatar. <3 Cheryl.

Theres no love lost in war or camos, people in the games were calling me names but who gives a shit, grab what you need then you can relax.

ps ta

Valkrai

Haha, it's expected at this point. These guys are all rushing to be the first.

At least the end cutscene is cool, just like the last one.

It took a few days for Der Eisendrache so I thought it'd be around the same time period. It didn't even last 24 hours lol.

Toa TAK

Banned
It took a few days for Der Eisendrache so I thought it'd be around the same time period. It didn't even last 24 hours lol.

Nope. I can already hear Jason Blundell crying from here.

Though, personally, I've always liked seeing people do it so quickly. The faster they do it the better off I am following their guides and getting achievements. :p

Ganhyun

So,

I have this on XB1 but apparently after the patch the Argus can, when aimed down site with no long barrel, reliably 1 hit kill from the room doors on metro to the doorway entrances that you can see from those doors. Or from the room window down to the tracks!

And its much easier to hipfire and get 1 hit kills as well in a decent range around you now.

Betting this buff gets nerfed soon.

Edit: NM, the video I saw has long barrel attached, but if I recall that doesnt increase 1HK range on a shotgun.

So,

I have this on XB1 but apparently after the patch the Argus can, when aimed down site with no long barrel, reliably 1 hit kill from the room doors on metro to the doorway entrances that you can see from those doors. Or from the room window down to the tracks!

And its much easier to hipfire and get 1 hit kills as well in a decent range around you now.

Betting this buff gets nerfed soon.

Edit: NM, the video I saw has long barrel attached, but if I recall that doesnt increase 1HK range on a shotgun.

The Argus has always been able to reliably kill from that far away (even a little bit farther to be honest). If I recall correctly, the patch only buffed the Argus' hip fire reliability.

Repo Man

Ok so this is totally January 2016 but...

JESUS...H...TAP DANCING...CHRIST! Finally diamond snipers which next to shotguns ( which I've done already ) was my most dreaded class of weapons finally got to diamond. My initial negative vibes about the last sniper which for me was the SVG-100 turned out wrong and this gun was a skill-shot weapon in that a lot of the kills felt like an achievement and made me go "Boo-yah!!" but I'm glad the snipers are now done. Just need that damn L-car sorted and it should be all smooth sailing from there for DM. Not a big deal nowadays I know but this is a personal quest of mine that I've set myself out for and I intend to see it through.

Top Bottom