• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, I have the season pass and yet the weapon bribe and 10 drops did not appear for me. Am I supposed to do something? Or am I unable to get it because my account isn't the main account and/or the account that bought the pass?

Are you playing on the same system?

It shouldn't matter who bought the season pass, as my brother got the bribe and the 10 rare drops, even though I bought the pass.

It could be different on PS4 but I'm not sure why it would be.

Got into a lobby, 4v2 in favour of my team and at one point I killed this guy 3 times in a minute because I predicted his spawn.

After the game he messages me "2v4 you still camp pathetic you will never be successful"

I reply with "gg man" and he says "you still suck". Lighten up dude.

Are you playing on the same system?

It shouldn't matter who bought the season pass, as my brother got the bribe and the 10 rare drops, even though I bought the pass.

It could be different on PS4 but I'm not sure why it would be.

Got into a lobby, 4v2 in favour of my team and at one point I killed this guy 3 times in a minute because I predicted his spawn.

After the game he messages me "2v4 you still camp pathetic you will never be successful"

I reply with "gg man" and he says "you still suck". Lighten up dude.

Indeed, same PS4. That's odd..

How exactly do you get it to appear, assuming I have it but don't know that I do. Or is a weapon bribe and 10 drops already supposed to have shown up on the black market by now?

You know, I actually like the RSA Interdiction. Unlike the SVG, and Locus, it has a little bit of aim assist from what I understand.

I do think it needs a buff though. It's just not super competitive with the other sniper rifles.

I haven't noticed the aim assist. Right now it just feels like an inferior locus.
From what has been floating around YouTube, it apparently does have it, just like the Drakon and P-06. In almost every other way you're right. I do like the default scope better than the Locus default scope however. And there's just too much sway on the RSA.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Indeed, same PS4. That's odd..

How exactly do you get it to appear, assuming I have it but don't know that I do. Or is a weapon bribe and 10 drops already supposed to have shown up on the black market by now?

Should be in the black market already.

Try signing in splitscreen with your brother. Have him sign in first, then join and go to the black market, that's the only thing I can think of really.

Ensoul

Making progress with the shotguns. Just have the Brecci to get gold and I have about 65 headshots. Man it is such a grind. I have been playing on nuke town all weekend just because it is easy to find enemies. On the flip side I that died a ton because it's tough to get close to people with the shotguns on that map.

After that it's onto the side arms. After that I'll give the snipers another go for DM but I doubt it will happen.

Repo Man

Making progress with the shotguns. Just have the Brecci to get gold and I have about 65 headshots. Man it is such a grind. I have been playing on nuke town all weekend just because it is easy to find enemies. On the flip side I that died a ton because it's tough to get close to people with the shotguns on that map.

After that it's onto the side arms. After that I'll give the snipers another go for DM but I doubt it will happen.

Good going, I did the same and got shotties and side arms out of the way first as the rest was a breeze and more enjoyable to play. I never got along with the shotguns tbh.

Ensoul

Good going, I did the same and got shotties and side arms out of the way first as the rest was a breeze and more enjoyable to play. I never got along with the shotguns tbh.

I don't think I will be able to get the snipers gold for the simple fact I cannot get bloodthirsties for them. The Locus is just a nightmare for me to use. I honestly think I will have an easier time with the other three if I play on hardcore.

Sh0k

Does anyone knows if the bribe and supply drops for buying the season pass was a one time deal? If I buy the season pass now do I still get the bribe + supply drops?

Daffy Duck

Does anyone knows if the bribe and supply drops for buying the season pass was a one time deal? If I buy the season pass now do I still get the bribe + supply drops?

It's a one time deal but I think it's if you buy the season pass at any time from what I read.

Agent

Well, this is something new. Double MP/Weapon XP for being in a party of 2 or more starting tomorrow through Friday. Should get some GAF trains rolling. I don't have any BO3 PSN friends and i'm at Prestige 10, Rank 27 so here is my chance to knock it out.

CiC5iSdXEAIkDrB.jpg:large

I actually got that 75 win challenge completed today. Got the weapon bribe and rare supply drops. I got the Slash 'n Burn axe in the bribe, which I didn't have. I got nothing in my rare supply drops, but from the cryptokeys I had from burning duplicates and the cryptokey bonus from the rare supply drops, I got the Marshal 16 out of one of them, which I've been realllllllly wanting. It's such a beast.

Congrats. The Marshal was the first one I got, and still one of my favorites.
Thanks! I've been wanting it for such a long-time. How do you like to run it? I think I'll set up a special class just for it, and then throw just the basic version with no attatchments on a sniper rifle class.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
All the useful attachments aren't until the later levels, unfortunately. Once I had it maxed, I either ran it with long barrel + fast mags or just dual wield. I actually probably performed the best with it in hardcore mode, since it's a OHK from a decent range with fast handling and lenient aim. By then I'd gotten used to the reload cancel though, which greatly aids in single-wield use. If you haven't started doing it already, keep an eye on your ammo count when you reload it. Once your 'loaded ammo' returns to 2, double tap the weapon switch button to finish the reload early and ready the Marshal for another go. That technique saved my butt many a time when the first shot didn't kill, or when my target had a friend hiding nearby. Fast mags makes it so that you can cancel even sooner. If you can master the timing, you can achieve a rate of fire nearly as fast as the KRM's.

As far as perks I liked having gung ho (lets me close range as I fire and potentially finish a weakened opponent with a melee hit), afterburner, and blast suppressor to help with flanking. Maybe additional perks to help cover my presence or track enemies if I could afford them.

Sometimes carried thermite grenades to improve the chances of a OHK at further ranges.

All the useful attachments aren't until the later levels, unfortunately. Once I had it maxed, I either ran it with long barrel + fast mags or just dual wield. I actually probably performed the best with it in hardcore mode, since it's a OHK from a decent range with fast handling and lenient aim. By then I'd gotten used to the reload cancel though, which greatly aids in single-wield use. If you haven't started doing it already, keep an eye on your ammo count when you reload it. Once your 'loaded ammo' returns to 2, double tap the weapon switch button to finish the reload early and ready the Marshal for another go. That technique saved my butt many a time when the first shot didn't kill, or when my target had a friend hiding nearby. Fast mags makes it so that you can cancel even sooner. If you can master the timing, you can achieve a rate of fire nearly as fast as the KRM's.

As far as perks I liked having gung ho (lets me close range as I fire and potentially finish a weakened opponent with a melee hit), afterburner, and blast suppressor to help with flanking. Maybe additional perks to help cover my presence or track enemies if I could afford them.

Sometimes carried thermite grenades to improve the chances of a OHK at further ranges.
Some good thoughts there. Thanks for your opinions on it!

Valkrai

RSI Interdiction needs a buff, it's so ridiculously bullshit how narrow the OHK is. It's so significantly worse than any other sniper.

Caayn

So I'm playing through the campaign for the first time at the moment but it keeps crashing for me. The Xbox OS crashes as well after a few seconds, causing the XB1 to reboot.

I'm currently at the mission Provocation after failing to exfil via the helicopter (thingy) you get a cutscene wherein you're told to go to dock 51c for exfil. However during this cutscene the game crashes and I can't skip it.

I've tried to restart the game and reinstall the game neither did help. Is there anything that I can do to proceed without restarting the entire mission?

Playing on XB1.

bcn1138

Neo Member
So I'm playing through the campaign for the first time at the moment but it keeps crashing for me. The Xbox OS crashes as well after a few seconds, causing the XB1 to reboot.

I'm currently at the mission Provocation after failing to exfil via the helicopter (thingy) you get a cutscene wherein you're told to go to dock 51c for exfil. However during this cutscene the game crashes and I can't skip it.

I've tried to restart the game and reinstall the game neither did help. Is there anything that I can do to proceed without restarting the entire mission?

Playing on XB1.

I'm having the same issue at the same spot in the campaign. You'd figure most of the bugs would have been patched by now. I'm pretty much ready to sell my copy and move on to something that doesn't waste my time crashing.

RSI Interdiction needs a buff, it's so ridiculously bullshit how narrow the OHK is. It's so significantly worse than any other sniper.
Not really. I was actually just testing it in custom games with the other sniper rifles. The Locus and RSA actually seem to have the same OHK area on the torso as each other. Though the Locus will OHK on the hands and arms, whereas the RSA will not, though the RSA will OHK on the shoulders.

Plus, the Locus has zero aim assist, like the SVG. The RSA does have aim assist, like the P-06, and the Drakon.

However, the Locus has much less idle sway, and faster ADS time than the RSA. The RSA seems to have the same ADS time as the SVG, and a similar amount of idle away,

I do think the RSA could use a bit of a buff, but it does have some advantages. I love the default scope with its dot sight, for example. The amount of total ammo you spawn with is way too low in my opinion, and maybe it could use a small buff in other areas.

Creaking

My issue with the RSA is that the aim assist doesn't do much to make it feel distinct from the Locus. There's very little that's unique about it. By most objective measures, it's just a worse Locus. I wish it filled a more unique niche than just "bolt action with aim assist".

My issue with the RSA is that the aim assist doesn't do much to make it feel distinct from the Locus. There's very little that's unique about it. By most objective measures, it's just a worse Locus. I wish it filled a more unique niche than just "bolt action with aim assist".
I went into testing with it, because there was just something I really liked about the RSA. I love the default scope, and much prefer it to the Locus default scope. The aim assist just makes it feel really nice to me. To be honest, I feel the RSA is a bit weaker than the Locus overall for the advantages that the Locus has over it, and do think the RSA needs a buff.

Personally, the buff for me would be a reduction in idle sway to at least the P-06 levels, and an increase in starting ammo count, as well as possibly a small increase in ADS speed, that would make it ADS more quickly than the SVG, but maybe not as fast as the Locus, though giving it the same ADS time as the Locus would probably help balance it out more with all of the other factors involved.

Valkrai

I went into testing with it, because there was just something I really liked about the RSA. I love the default scope, and much prefer it to the Locus default scope. The aim assist just makes it feel really nice to me. However, between the two, I'm not sure which one I like more. To be honest, I feel the RSA is probably a little bit weaker for the advantages that the Locus has over it, and do think the RSA needs a buff.

Personally, the buff for me would be a reduction in idle sway to at least the P-06 levels, and an increase in starting ammo count, as well as possibly a small increase in ADS speed, that would make it ADS more quickly than the SVG, but maybe not as fast as the Locus, though giving it the same ADS time as the Locus would probably help balance it out more with all of the other factors involved.

The issue is that on PC, there is no aim assist unless you use a controller, which in itself would be even worse. That plus the extremely narrow one hit kill areas for the RSI is pretty much worthless considering that there's no aim assist to help and how fast people are moving.

The issue is that on PC, there is no aim assist unless you use a controller, which in itself would be even worse. That plus the extremely narrow one hit kill areas for the RSI is pretty much worthless considering that there's no aim assist to help and how fast people are moving.
Ah well, on PC the lack of aim assist would definitely be an issue then. On console I think it's a different story. I wonder what a good buff on PC would be for it then. Definitely ammo count and idle sway changes, and ADS time decrease. It definitely makes tuning that weapon a bit tougher on PC than console. At least on console, I get lots of one hit kills with it.

shanafan

What is with this game respawning me on top of F.A.P.S. scorestreaks? No different than respawning directly in the line of enemy fire.

randome

It's what you do when you reach level 55.

It resets your classes, guns and perks and you start again at prestige 1 level 0. You then rinse and repeat.

Your challenges and camos do not reset though.

Wait, so I lose all my unlocked guns or they're just level 0 and I lose all my attachments and stuff? It sounds like a punishment lol.

shanafan

Wait, so I lose all my unlocked guns or they're just level 0 and I lose all my attachments and stuff? It sounds like a punishment lol.

Yes, you do lose your unlocked weapons but they do unlock again when you reach the level requirement again for the weapon. The weapon level and attachments do remain though after you unlock the weapon.

You can also prestige a weapon twice. Prestiging a weapon means at its max level, you can reset it. Resetting it brings the weapon back to level 0 and you lose all the attachments. The tradeoff is that you gain the ability to add your clan tag to the weapon at prestige 1, and then at prestige 2, you can add a kill counter.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
whats a good long range ar? trying to unlock all scope types for acog scope

Any of the semi autos, M8, XR, Sheiva, and the ICR has practically zero recoil.

Yes but you can use one permanent unlock per prestige to unlock something. If you want to use the M8A7 at level 1 you can for example. You only get one of these each time though.

Najaf

This group only double xp is a bit of a two edged sword. I've joined a few random groups, but the connections are consistently terrible. Borderline unplayable. This is likely due to people grouping up from around the globe.

I searched for an Xbox GAF group but did not find one. Anyone North America based up for some 2xp matches in the next little while?

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
This group only double xp is a bit of a two edged sword. I've joined a few random groups, but the connections are consistently terrible. Borderline unplayable. This is likely due to people grouping up from around the globe.

I searched for an Xbox GAF group but did not find one. Anyone North America based up for some 2xp matches in the next little while?

I'm playing right now on Xbox one, I'll party up.

Xboxlive: lamaroo7

Creaking

Top Bottom