• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

SFenton

Just got back into this game for the first time since launch. Really hated it then but I had a blast the last two nights. Bought the pass since I'm not interested in Infinite Warfare at all.

Now I need to figure out the Zombies maps...

Nabs

54oO4P0.png

Sorry for my decently long hiatus, guys. What have I missed? I took advantage of the Overwatch beta, but this week was also pretty busy AND our house is being renovated (our room is being worked on right now) so I won't be able to play just QUITE yet, but soon.

I just hope I didn't get some sort of glitch with the Bribe and 10 crates though, perhaps I just overlooked it.

Holy shit. They buffed the razorback.

Apparently someone at Treyarch believes Goremagala needs more motherships.

AWE YEAH! 😎

I see that Treyarch is watching out for me. Obviously, they have seen that I haven't been online in a while and because one of their biggest donor of Wraith, RAPS, and Mothership statistics was absent, they gave me this divine gift as an incentive to pull me back in (even though I would've returned anyway).

angelic

Banned
If I don't do prestige mode, is level 55 as high as I can go?

You can stay on 55 with all the stuff unlocked but ALL your xp is being thrown away at that point, the reward of every challenge you hit will be lost forever. Prestige immediately - you get the kuda, KN44, KRM etc immediately anyway, and most good stuff pretty quick.

randome

You can stay on 55 with all the stuff unlocked but ALL your xp is being thrown away at that point, the reward of every challenge you hit will be lost forever. Prestige immediately - you get the kuda, KN44, KRM etc immediately anyway, and most good stuff pretty quick.

Alright, guess I will! I just wonder what I should use my unlock token for. I just started getting good with the VMP so I'm considering that. Idk though. Is it any harder to level up or is the XP required the exact same as it was the first time through 55? I appreciate your help!

angelic

Banned
You get the vmp by about level 2, dont waste a perma unlock on that. Work out your most desired + most favourite item from the upper reaches of the levelling. I unlocked dead silence on my first prestige which is about level 50 to get. Dont throw it away on some low unlock.

The XP needed is the same but you should be on your way to earning the challenges so you should be regularly popping 1000, 2500 and 5000 bonuses. Check the challenge list in the multiplayer menu next to barracks to see the challenges near completion. It'll tell you whats close to done, so you can do things you'd not think of like kill directly after a thrust jump, fart three times then kill the next enemy with a shotgun, that sort of stuff.

shanafan

These 75 wins already feeling like a chore. Tried Domination, Safeguard, Kill Confirmed, and even Team Deathmatch tonight and have gone 0-7 tonight.

Groups just do not want to play objective-based games.

Nabs

These 75 wins already feeling like a chore. Tried Domination, Safeguard, Kill Confirmed, and even Team Deathmatch tonight and have gone 0-7 tonight.

Groups just do not want to play objective-based games.

I'm about 56 or so wins into this thanks to FFA (top 3 counts as a win). I can't depend on these randoms to get me wins.

Ganhyun

I usually play in a party with friends I know, but I play on XB1 so if u see me running solo feel free to message me and tell me you're from GAF.

GT is in my profile.

I've taken the liberty of creating a public group under the name "NeoGAF" on Xbox One, so anyone can join up if they so desire. You should see "NeoGAF plays Black Ops 3!" in the description.

So join up if you want to, anyone who is interested!

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I've taken the liberty of creating a public group under the name "NeoGAF" on Xbox One, so anyone can join up if they so desire. You should see "NeoGAF plays Black Ops 3!" in the description.

Is this in BO3?

Toa TAK

Banned

Sweet. I'll join the group later on.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Yes. From the multiplayer menu, hit "Y" and find groups where you'd be looking at recent players and such. It should be there. At that point just search for the group name I made.

Sounds good!

I didn't even know that existed, thanks for the heads up, I'll join it a bit later.

Caayn

I'm having the same issue at the same spot in the campaign. You'd figure most of the bugs would have been patched by now. I'm pretty much ready to sell my copy and move on to something that doesn't waste my time crashing.
So I'm not alone, that's a comforting though. Now it's time to play the waiting game I guess :(

Edit: Doing the following caused the crash to no longer occur.

Boot up the game -> Got to the safe house -> Save & Exit -> Once you're back in the main menu select Resume story

At first I thought this was one of the most bland plots of all the Call of Duty games I played. Then I went down the Wikipedia/Internet rabbit hole and now appreciate the story. Too bad you have to out of your way to get some of the good details.

I just had probably my best game in a long time. Or at least, second half of a game. Ground War Domination on Stronghold. At the break I was 18-16. We were up 100-92 and I had a six death streak to end the round. Second half I went 19-3. The game was close the whole time, we only won 200-195.

And to top it off I was getting messages from pissed off players on the other team. Haven't had any of those in months. Love it.

Najaf

Ganhyun

the xbox live system is fucked right now

cant start games with a party... cant join others party but some can join me.

btw najaf, im sorry man, but im running with a full group right now. we are just having the party issues. if we free up a spot ill invite you

edit: and now my xb is acting up. I think im done for the night. stupid xbox live/black ops 3 issues.

Najaf

btw najaf, im sorry man, but im running with a full group right now. we are just having the party issues. if we free up a spot ill invite you

edit: and now my xb is acting up. I think im done for the night. stupid xbox live/black ops 3 issues.

No biggie. I had a heck of a time getting parties to work tonight too.

Repo Man

Yea its been shit on the PC too. I made plans to play a few hours each evening with my missus and it just all went to shit starting from tuesday when first I had to stay at work and do a 12½ hour shift as some prick didn't show up to his shift, on wednesday it was non-stop connection issues either for me and the missus where she could connect online but I couldn't which felt absurd as our PC's are right next to each other. Last night was a bit better but the game still sometimes wouldn't show me online on her pc even though I was and as a topping the alarm at work wouldn't set so I spent a good half an hour of precious shooting time on the phone to my collegue who was stuck there. So yeah... this double xp thing is most welcomed especilly as its my weekend off, think I might even turn my phone off.

shanafan

I'm about 56 or so wins into this thanks to FFA (top 3 counts as a win). I can't depend on these randoms to get me wins.

You, sir, are a genius ;) After losing first round of KC, I decided to play FFA. Been going great! Finished 1st in my first match.

kuYuri

God, if there's any game that needs cross platform play, it's CoD. PC version runs so smooth for me and looks great, but the servers are so dead on PC compared to console. Such a shame.

I still play the PC version with a controller and manage to do well.

If I could somehow opt in to only play with other console players on PC, I would.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
God, if there's any game that needs cross platform play, it's CoD. PC version runs so smooth for me and looks great, but the servers are so dead on PC compared to console. Such a shame.

I still play the PC version with a controller and manage to do well.

If I could somehow opt in to only play with other console players on PC, I would.

Weapon balancing is different between PC and console versions, so I'm not sure how it would work.

kuYuri

Weapon balancing is different between PC and console versions, so I'm not sure how it would work.

Oh, I definitely recognize there are logistical issues that come up, like mouse/keyboard vs controller aiming, weapon balancing like you said. This is just me wishfully thinking out loud. :p

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRpbBCJomHA

The BOA, Varix, Recon, and Thermal got a stealth recoil buff recently. Seems they're actually equal to, or better than adding a Grip to your gun.

I wonder what the reason for this was, especially since the BOA is barely any different than the Red Dot sight, maybe they just looked at the data that showed people barely use these ones, which seems like a poor way to balance.

Tabby

Just got a RSA from a regular 30 key crate. That takes my tally up to 4 weapons.

3 of the snipers are 1 hit kill so I honestly can't even tell the difference but I'm liking it so far.

Creaking

3 of the snipers are 1 hit kill so I honestly can't even tell the difference but I'm liking it so far.

The biggest differences between them are fire-rate, ads speed, and damage multipliers. The SVG has x2 damage multipliers (ie, a 1 hit kill) everywhere above the knees. The Locus has them everywhere above the waist. The RSA has them in the upper torso and above, but not in the arms. The P-06 has the same range, but includes the upper arms. Drakon only gets it in the neck or above.

The Locus has the fastest ADS time of all the snipers. The Drakon and P-06 are second fastest, and the SVG and RSA are the slowest.

The Drakon is the fastest firing, being semi-auto. P-06 is the second fastest in terms of sheer number of bullets it can get out, but you have to account for its charge between bursts. The Locus is the fastest of the bolt actions, followed by the RSA, followed by the SVG.

Clip capacity is also a factor I suppose. Drakon has the most at 20, P-06 the second most at 15 (though it only translates to five bursts, which is actually the least if you consider them each a single shot), the Locus the third most at 10 and the RSA and SVG duking it out in last place with 6 each.

The RSA, Drakon, and P-06 also have a tiny bit of aim assist. I haven't noticed it myself, but it's there.

Gt my 75 wins and gt an ax. Spent ~500 cryprokeys, the 10 rare supply drops, and 40 dollars worth of supply drops.

Gt a knife and the mx garand.

Never again.....

randome

I really have no idea what to use my permanent unlock token on. I'm thinking that I'll use it on primary gunfighter 3. If I do, I can use it right away, right? I don't have to wait until 1 and 2 are attached? Anyone have any other ideas for what to use the unlock token on?

Creaking

smh. 75 wins... crowbar.

Rise and shine...

I really have no idea what to use my permanent unlock token on. I'm thinking that I'll use it on primary gunfighter 3. If I do, I can use it right away, right? I don't have to wait until 1 and 2 are attached? Anyone have any other ideas for what to use the unlock token on?

You don't have to wait for 1 and 2, but getting 3 alone will only get you one additional slot, same as 1 or 2.

Personally, I liked using it on late game weapons and perks. Ghost is a pretty good one to have.

Repo Man

No you have to use the primary gunfighters in order so if you wish to put extra attachments you have to use primary gunfighter 1 first even if you got 3 or 2 perma unlocked.

Edit:

You don't have to wait for 1 and 2, but getting 3 alone will only get you one additional slot

Oh maybe I'm mistaken then, I could have sworn that when I unlocked primary gunfighter 3 I couldn't use it because 1 and 2 were still locked. Maybe I was just missing something obvious as usual.

Top Bottom