• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

PreFire

I looked, but didn't see anyone mention the supposed $15 worth of BO3 in game items if you just download COD heroes

How do I get this? I downloaded it but see no way of linking my PSN profile.

I know I don't have to fucking beat this boring ass game to get the items.. Because that would be super false advertising. It just says to download the game..

How do I redeem this $15 of free shit?

CaLe

My God, the graphics are beautiful, wow. I absolutely love the multiplayer. I haven't played a CoD game in years, I really missed out. So much fun!

For now, I'm enjoying myself much more than halo 5.

I don't have a mic but I'd love to play with you guys.

MattyG

Banned
Alright, so I just finished the campaign. I feel like I just need to get my thoughts down. They might be a bit scattershot, so bear with me.

Definitely not my favorite CoD campaign, design-wise or story-wise. At times, it started to feel like a slog. I didn't feel like the new abilities like wall running were implemented very well into the level design, and there were just some missions that felt like they ran too long.

As for my gripes with the story, it's mostly with the pacing and the way it's told. I feel like there's so much in the first half of the game that isn't really necessary. It takes SO long to
find Taylor and his team
, and I feel like that time could have been better spent building up
Corvus.
When we finally get to
Corvus
, it's just kind of dropped on us. Since there was so little build up to it, it just kind of felt like "ok... cool, I guess?" Big story moments weren't really given room to breathe either. In the last mission, when
Kane goes into the room with the Nova gas, I had no idea why she had to go in. It happened so fast, and she was dead so fast that I didn't even know what was going on. I half expected her not to be dead. That and the scene immediately following felt SUPER rushed.
Now that I think of it, there was a lot of things that I wasn't really clear on the "why".

Also, there was a lot of stuff about the state of the world that felt like we were just supposed to know already that wasn't well explained. I did like how they
tied BO1 and 2 in though. I knew the minute I saw that a gas had killed the people in the Black Site that it was Nova 6 (even though it did feel like they shoehorned it in a bit). That and Menendez's shenanigans having shaped the state of drone legislation was neat. OH, and zombies showing up in Hall's little bit there? Awesome.

Overall, I feel like the story was cool in concept, but a bit jumbled and poorly told. I'd probably rank it just above Ghosts, which is one of my least favorite of the recent campaigns. It's not bad, but it doesn't really live up to its potential.

Also, what was up with the ending?
Was that whole thing in the Frozen Forest just a ploy by Taylor/Corvus to take control of the main character's mind?

Edit: The more I think on it, the more absolutely nothing about this story makes any kind of sense.

I looked, but didn't see anyone mention the supposed $15 worth of BO3 in game items if you just download COD heroes

How do I get this? I downloaded it but see no way of linking my PSN profile.

I know I don't have to fucking beat this boring ass game to get the items.. Because that would be super false advertising. It just says to download the game..

How do I redeem this $15 of free shit?

Just checked the google play page for the game and those items are for Heroes.

**Now experience new hero characters, troops & environments from Call of Duty®: Black Ops III in Call of Duty®: Heroes! Play today to get a $15 gift of in-game items! (Note: items limited to use in-game)**

Campaign's story was just weird.
Like it was 3 games patched together.

Interesting as hell but man the execution had many issues.
Nova 6
scene was so stupid it nearly ruins the campaign for me.

Still one of the better campaigns.

Campaign costumes and and custom character should really be in MP.

Dominator

Haven't played zombies in over a year, but this seems wayyyyyy harder than usual. Getting my ass eaten, quickly. Hardly can make it passed round 7.

Azzanadra

Alright, so I just finished the campaign. I feel like I just need to get my thoughts down. They might be a bit scattershot, so bear with me.

Definitely not my favorite CoD campaign, design-wise or story-wise. At times, it started to feel like a slog. I didn't feel like the new abilities like wall running were implemented very well into the level design, and there were just some missions that felt like they ran too long.

As for my gripes with the story, it's mostly with the pacing and the way it's told. I feel like there's so much in the first half of the game that isn't really necessary. It takes SO long to
find Taylor and his team
, and I feel like that time could have been better spent building up
Corvus.
When we finally get to
Corvus
, it's just kind of dropped on us. Since there was so little build up to it, it just kind of felt like "ok... cool, I guess?" Big story moments weren't really given room to breathe either. In the last mission, when
Kane goes into the room with the Nova gas, I had no idea why she had to go in. It happened so fast, and she was dead so fast that I didn't even know what was going on. I half expected her not to be dead. That and the scene immediately following felt SUPER rushed.
Now that I think of it, there was a lot of things that I wasn't really clear on the "why".

Also, there was a lot of stuff about the state of the world that felt like we were just supposed to know already that wasn't well explained. I did like how they
tied BO1 and 2 in though. I knew the minute I saw that a gas had killed the people in the Black Site that it was Nova 6 (even though it did feel like they shoehorned it in a bit). That and Menendez's shenanigans having shaped the state of drone legislation was neat. OH, and zombies showing up in Hall's little bit there? Awesome.

Overall, I feel like the story was cool in concept, but a bit jumbled and poorly told. I'd probably rank it just above Ghosts, which is one of my least favorite of the recent campaigns. It's not bad, but it doesn't really live up to its potential.

Also, what was up with the ending?
Was that whole thing in the Frozen Forest just a ploy by Taylor/Corvus to take control of the main character's mind?

As you have already finished the game, how did the handle the the multiple endings of BO2? Did they make the references very vague so any ending could be valid, or did the gun for a specific ending as "canon"?

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Haven't played zombies in over a year, but this seems wayyyyyy harder than usual. Getting my ass eaten, quickly. Hardly can make it passed round 7.

There's definitely a lot more to adapt to. You can take three hits before going down now, but zombies attack much faster, and it feels as though regenerating health takes longer to kick in.

I haven't played zombies since Black Ops 1. (Didn't like the black ops 2 zombie map)
I'm finding it a bit hard too. Only made it to round 7.

Matticers

Weren't they supposed to have a way to download paint jobs and emblems that other people uploaded? I can see the stuff other people have made but I don't see a way to download anything. Or am I missing something?

As you have already finished the game, how did the handle the the multiple endings of BO2? Did they make the references very vague so any ending could be valid, or did the gun for a specific ending as "canon"?
nothing, one Egyptian soldier basically says to think Menendez because his attacks lead to new security around the world.

MattyG

Banned
The one time they mention Menendez, I believe Hendricks says something along the lines of "he got what he deserved", which leads me to believe either the kill or capture ending could be canon.

Triz

Played beta and had no issues on ps4. Tonight I got dropped from half my games and the ones I made it in were complete lag fests. Ran fine yesterday. WTF?

neurophd

Anyone know why in game says my NAT is moderate, whereas my Xbox settings say open? I am having a lot of trouble getting into a game.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Enjoying the campaign now that I've gotten more into it, wasn't feeling the first few missions, but the performance on PS4 is distracting. I felt like the third mission never hit 60 once and the 30fps cap on things like opening doors is awkward.

Played through the first campaign mission. This game really isn't a looker. And after listening to the stellar writing, I can tell that this game is definitely not targeted to me.

Played through the first campaign mission. This game really isn't a looker. And after listening to the stellar writing, I can tell that this game is definitely not targeted to me.
I know exactly what you mean. Your gut is telling you the truth.

Anyone beat Realistic yet? Such a wonderful time *rolls eyes*
I want to read stories of people's attempts. Treyarch loves to make you run through open areas with gunfire coming from all angles, both onscreen and off, and from what I played of the campaign there is more than enough of that going on here too. Nothing about this looks in any way balanced for a realistic mode. I think they're just counting upon rote memorization and co-op revives to balance out the cheap encounters.

JoseLopez

Enjoying the campaign now that I've gotten more into it, wasn't feeling the first few missions, but the performance on PS4 is distracting. I felt like the third mission never hit 60 once and the 30fps cap on things like opening doors is awkward.
Huh never felt any dips :/

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Not sure if it's because I'm coming from playing a good bit of Counter Strike lately, but the mouse aiming in this game feels like absolute dogshit.

Adam429

One thing I don't like about BO3 is how you don't earn achievements for beating the campaign missions on normal difficulty.

ShogunX

Blops is the 3rd best cod at best.

2 + 4 still miles ahead for me. 2 for being a genuinely amazing WW2 online shooter with great weapons and amazing maps, also has the best CTF mode in the COD series. 4 for being a revolutionary game with an excellent campaign and some of the tightest multiplayer action still to this day.

Mass One

Played beta and had no issues on ps4. Tonight I got dropped from half my games and the ones I made it in were complete lag fests. Ran fine yesterday. WTF?

I also had zero issues with the beta and (no hyperbole) have had 0 absolutely zero lag-negligible/rubber-band free games today. It's playable in the broadest term. I keep trying multiplayer hoping it would get better. Other then that Coop campaign works really well.

And I was thinking of buying a pair of those lol.

I need a decent headset for under $100.

Mine are like that too ( I have a 7 year old thought). That said, I'd still recommend these things, they sound great! Also, they are looking to go for around $40 USD come black friday, so you might wait just a little bit longer before you jump in.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
s9mc3dU.jpg

Whaddaya think?

Top Bottom