• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

Roussow

So wandered into my local Target to pick this up.

I was shocked, it was only $64 (In Australia), that's absurdly cheap -- that and the standard issue copy they were selling comes with Nuketown, bloody good deal I say.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
2 + 4 still miles ahead for me. 2 for being a genuinely amazing WW2 online shooter with great weapons and amazing maps, also has the best CTF mode in the COD series. 4 for being a revolutionary game with an excellent campaign and some of the tightest multiplayer action still to this day.

All the things you said, Blops was a good game but they didnt even nail the hit detection, which they did earlier in WoW.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
s9mc3dU.jpg

Only if you shoot to many faces

Darnnnnn!!

MattyG

Banned
2 + 4 still miles ahead for me. 2 for being a genuinely amazing WW2 online shooter with great weapons and amazing maps, also has the best CTF mode in the COD series. 4 for being a revolutionary game with an excellent campaign and some of the tightest multiplayer action still to this day.

All the things you said, Blops was a good game but they didnt even nail the hit detection, which they did earlier in WoW.
Ohhhh okay, I was talking about in terms of campaigns. I agree with you guys that it isn't the best in terms of online play and the actual feel of the gunplay (4 definitely wins that one), but I absolutely adore Black Ops 1's campaign. It just narrowly beats out 4's for me.

J_Viper

Anyone know why in game says my NAT is moderate, whereas my Xbox settings say open? I am having a lot of trouble getting into a game.
Had the same problem with AW on Xbone, and I'm currently experiencing it here, but on ps4.

It might just be a COD thing.

How do I even play Nuketown? Really confused, I done the code and in the store it says purchased but its not appearing on the map selection thing when I try a custom game and I've never seen it during my 6+hrs of multiplayer play. :\

Is the campaign framerate bad like Killzone Shadowfall's multiplayer? That game would constantly go from 60fps to 30-40fps on a constant basis. I'm fine if Black Ops 3 is 60fps 80% of the time.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Ohhhh okay, I was talking about in terms of campaigns. I agree with you guys that it isn't the best in terms of online play and the actual feel of the gunplay (4 definitely wins that one), but I absolutely adore Black Ops 1's campaign. It just narrowly beats out 4's for me.

I still prefer 4's but Blops definitely had a good campaign.

EL CUCO

Looks like they pushed an update server side. Matchmaking is working MUUUCH better for parties of 3 or more.

<3 u 3arc

Seems like they really did a number on the SMG's coming off the beta. Of the three I've used so far they all seem to suck and they moved the best one to the last unlock and using in during gun game makes me think it got nerfed. So far I'm having the best luck using a shotty because I can't find an AR I like either.

ron_bato

Had some great lag free games earlier this morning, but trying it now, all I get is crazy lag and random disconnects.

Asia am cry.

Cc23830

I played for a solid 3 hours last night and had a few opinions.
Zombies is alot harder without decent teammates,but i loved the era they were going for.
Multiplayer is alot of fun. Advanced warfare sucked so hard that i wasnt going to pick this up but Argos had a great deal for the standard game (39.99 and i used my nectar points so got for 9.99)
My k/D is holding around the 1.69 and going up as im learning the map. The wall runninh is alot better than the flying nerfs that were AW.
Trying single player this morning before i pick up fallout 4 this afternoon :D

Camper182

If i buy it now on PSN (USA) do i still get nuketown?

It actually makes me not want to buy the game if i dont get the map anymore tbh

Bought blops 3 last week and already downloaded it. So ...

I get home after working 11 hours to play some black ops 3. Turn on the xbox one and theres a 3 gig update. Sigh.

Update is finally installed and the installation of blops 3 freezes at 98%. Sigh.

Because the new update sucks so bad i couldnt get into manage game. Unplugged xbox, restarted offline, FINALLY get into manage game and cancelled the installation.

Now, its installing again, from 0% and its been 10 minutes. Im at 5%.

Sigh.

M.W.

Bought blops 3 last week and already downloaded it. So ...

I get home after working 11 hours to play some black ops 3. Turn on the xbox one and theres a 3 gig update. Sigh.

Update is finally installed and the installation of blops 3 freezes at 98%. Sigh.

Because the new update sucks so bad i couldnt get into manage game. Unplugged xbox, restarted offline, FINALLY get into manage game and cancelled the installation.

Now, its installing again, from 0% and its been 10 minutes. Im at 5%.

Sigh.

Welcome to next gen

jediyoshi

Campaign is better than AW, Ghost, and maybe BO 2 at the very least.
Story could be top tier but they ruined it in execution.

Definitely is much worse off visually and is a mess of story telling and pacing in gameplay compared to AW. The first three chapters are a great example of thinking they're more slick than what they're actually capable of providing. Better off playing AW and watching Source Code.

LOLOMGWTFBBQ

Neo Member
How long does it take to install the multiplayer? I just want to play some games already

edit: oops, didn't even notice the progress bar on the main menu.

Marvel

could never
I liked AW's campaign but compared to this one it was boring. Blops 3's takes some dark and crazy turns man.

MMaRsu

Picked this up yesterday from the Mediamarkt here in The Netherlands for 53 euros, came with the Nuketown bonus map :D. The game is awesome so far, seems jock full of content and the singleplayer starts off pretty dope. Playing splitscreen with a buddy I was a little disappointed not the entire screen is beeing used.. but hey you can do splitscreen in pretty much every mode.

The multiplayer feels tight, and I havent played on a map I didnt like yet.

Graphics are pretty good too :).

Playing on PS4!

So the campaign isn't worth it? That's a shame. :(

I wouldve gotten it if it was
Campaigns delivery flubbed what was honestly a pretty good setup for something truly interesting.

Still, it is rather well designed, does have its moments, and has some of the most striking imagery on a game I've seen this year. which is odd coming from a cod lol.

Should be noted that the game only really picks up around mission fourfive, so do try to stick with it.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I mean, they've already remade these maps.

I think they will be trying for something else now, but who knows.

EDIT: Wait, Castle hasn't. It was supposed to be in Black Ops 1.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_xGkCuJCZg

Summit is one of my favourite maps of the whole COD series, I really hope they include it again.

To be honest i'd love most of BLOPS1 maps included, really really love nearly all of the maps in that game.

Top Bottom