• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

PS4 version good? Read to stay away from PC version, friend has it on PS4 and I had a blast with BLOPS II, this hold up?

Typical musings about COD games being casual poop aside, is it fun for what it is?

Frame-rate holds up really well in multiplayer.

Does anyone else have that problem where theater only shows the most recent game, and the rest are infinite loading symbols?

Might just be PC, but idk

sTiTcH AU

Sure as hell shouldn't be called Black Ops 3.

You have to wonder if it was indeed originally meant to be a black ops game. There is virtually no connection to the previous two games besides I think the
Nova gas is mentioned at the end

Considering that Ghosts and AW did so poorly, perhaps Treyarch were made to change the name to Black ops 3 as the Black ops brand was still so insanely popular. Much like when IW tried to dump the COD name off MW2.

Jesus, the Gorgon is crazy.

I prestiged and lost it, and then it took me like six games to get up to level 7 to unlock it.

Then I got from level 7 to level 11 in one game with it.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
The campaign on Xbox One has crash to the Xbox "desktop" at least like 10 times. This last time restarted the Xbox :S

This is on split screen 2 player.

Keihart

This multiplayer is nuts, shooting while wall running or droping or sliding is great, it's what i love about uncharted in fact, being able to shoot anytime.

I won my second free for all, i felt validated. That slide shotgun combo was wrecking dudes only con is triying yo use it with lag :V

Is there a GAF BLOPS 3 Community? it would be cool to set up some private games.

GravyButt

Whatever that mode where you have to stop the enemy robot from reaching your point to win. Yea I was the only person on my team with a rocket launcher and took it down everytime. Felt good :). Minus the turds that would stand in front of my missles. Seriously?

Hey can someone answer a question for me? Does the ps4 version allow for 4 player local splitscreen? I've heard several conflicting reports about this.

Thanks, this is good to know.

Also, I watched some footage from previous page - if I'm no good at the jetpack style Tribes gameplay introduced recently in the series, am I going to be garbage at this game?

You're welcome.

I wouldn't say that. But I would recommend you try and learn some of the new abilities.

Free points: shoot down UAV's. Nobody else does it.

I'm on my way to gold rocket launchers because I shoot those things downs left and right like a mad man. Actually a lot more people seem be to running the launchers lately tbh. In every lobby I'm in there's at least one person besides me shooting shit out the guy.

I'm on my way to gold rocket launchers because I shoot those things downs left and right like a mad man. Actually a lot more people seem be to running the launchers lately tbh. In every lobby I'm in there's at least one person besides me shooting shit out the guy.

I just shoot them down with the Gorgon. This damn gun is the ultimate multipurpose tool.

Ruff

Just completed the campaign...

...what? I think someone was on something when they came up with this story.

harrytang

Bought this for the MP but my controller does not want to let me click the stick for sprint. I keep starting and stopping like crazy. Just walking all over the maps...hope this a bug and not my controller.

Toa TAK

Banned
Story was weak without Goyer. I mean, you know how bad stories in video games are when fucking Goyer can tell a decent tale in a COD game (both BO 1 +2).

Boston

Elite Controller is a game changer with this game. Being able to jump and slide while aiming makes me a ninja assassin.

sTiTcH AU

Elite Controller is a game changer with this game. Being able to jump and slide while aiming makes me a ninja assassin.

Change your right trigger to only move half way and use a high fire rate weapon. I can never go back to a regular controller.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
You have to wonder if it was indeed originally meant to be a black ops game. There is virtually no connection to the previous two games besides I think the
Nova gas is mentioned at the end

Considering that Ghosts and AW did so poorly, perhaps Treyarch were made to change the name to Black ops 3 as the Black ops brand was still so insanely popular. Much like when IW tried to dump the COD name off MW2.

Menendez
is mentioned once through the campaign, but other than that i didn't find any references to previous BO games, which is a bit understandable since BO2 had multiple endings.

Ihyll

Still unable to get a single match without game-breaking lag.

Good stuff, Treyarch.

Same here bro

I'm in the US, 65Mbps connection and in every game I played yesterday I got the dreaded "connection interrupted" message.

Maybe tonight will be a different story

Falchion

I need to make myself equip a launcher. In BO2 I was always shooting down scorestreaks but I haven't done that at all in BO3 so far.

chixdiggit

How are you supposed to know what to do in Zombies? Way more going on then just killing them. I mean what the hell is even the goal?

Menendez
is mentioned once through the campaign, but other than that i didn't find any references to previous BO games, which is a bit understandable since BO2 had multiple endings.

It seems that killing
Menedez
in BO2 is the cannon ending according to the data vault file in BO3. Also there is mention of
Nova 6
gas.

How are you supposed to know what to do in Zombies? Way more going on then just killing them. I mean what the hell is even the goal?

Tons of clues allll over. Look at the train maps... Check out the rings you can smash or electrify as the beast... Listen to all character dialog... Basically play a bunch and explore everything. The shadow man gives some good info.

Top Bottom