• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

It's just SO samey; samey to the point that it actively annoys the shit out of me. It looks dated, it feels dated... Surely they could've done something to change up the aesthetic a bit - even just to make it seem fresh. I can't be excited over something that I feel I've experienced 3 times before.

Oh, well. I think I'm a bit over the very nature of CoD. It all seems a bit "juvenile", if you get me.

kamspy

PC FOV.

What's up with it? Adjustable? Decent at default? I wouldn't even download MW2 for free because I can't take that FOV at a desk.

Gez said:
is there anything here i can tweak to get the ~ console command menu happening?

Or any other graphics tweaks?

Sorry for the massive post. Thought we should start a think tank here.
It is likely that, much like in MW2, if they don't want you to use the console, you won't be able to use the console without changing things deeper than the config files.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
No ranked dedicated servers? And to think I was so close to buying this... Could have been my first CoD since CoD2.

Really struggling to join games on PS3 at the moment, its pretty much failed the last 10 attempts to connect to random games, damn release day blues :(

mxgt

Banned
kamspy said:
PC FOV.

What's up with it? Adjustable? Decent at default? I wouldn't even download MW2 for free because I can't take that FOV at a desk.

60 default, non adjustable in the menu.

It's pretty awful as I'm used to 90

In just my fourth CoD match ever I call in an attack helicopter and it just decimates the other team. +100, +100, +100... I'm in love.

CozMick

Banned
Still no Elite......

Still no Founder's status.....

I paid £35 for this bullshit.....

But then again, they created Survival Mode.....redeemed! :)

Really enjoying this so far, played some multiplayer and spec ops, thoughts so far

Survival is really fun, really nice addition
The first few spec ops missions were a lot of fun, hope the rest are as good
Callsigns :)
Recoil is back, awesome
Tonnes of unlocks
Performs much better than Blops on PS3
Gunplay is really fun
Maps, I'm not really sure about, not bad but I can't say that they're great so far
Doesn't seem nearly as broken as MW2

So overall pretty good, gonna try campaign now. Loved MW1's campaign, enjoyed MW2's, WaW's was meh, and Blops was the single worst single player I've ever played. So hoping for an improvement over Blops

Alright so I think I'm starting to get used to this game now. The M16 is useless in this game now though :(. It makes me sad since its been my main goto gun in cod4, mw2 and black ops but its junk in this game. They added a slight bit of extra time in between the bullets and I can never get good shots with it. The type 95 however, awesome. And the Scar with silencer is great as well. Also takes a bit to get used to stalker.

Also, the SPAS still has range but it doesnt seem to have the power it used to. :/

Timan

Developer
Anyone having issues with sound? I swear it seems as if 5.1 isn't working or the I just can't hear anything behind me.

vilmer_

Timan said:
Anyone having issues with sound? I swear it seems as if 5.1 isn't working or the I just can't hear anything behind me.

I noticed this right away with the speech in the intro sequence, I could hardly hear it. I'm on PS3 version.

J2d

If they would make scavenger replenish equipment and grenades and added shotguns as secondaries then I would probably like this a lot after a couple of retro map packs.
-Pyromaniac- said:
Anyone else really like Arkaden or however it's spelled. Good times in that joint.
My most hated map so far.

mickcenary said:
It's just SO samey; samey to the point that it actively annoys the shit out of me. It looks dated, it feels dated... Surely they could've done something to change up the aesthetic a bit - even just to make it seem fresh. I can't be excited over something that I feel I've experienced 3 times before.

Oh, well. I think I'm a bit over the very nature of CoD. It all seems a bit "juvenile", if you get me.
I feel the exact same way. It's a boring game to look at and play. I just spent $60 for a new map pack.

RedSwirl

It's starting to look like I made the right decision in waiting for GameFly.

Still want impressions on Spec Ops Survival though. How does it compare to Gears 3 Horde?

Kyoufu

J2d said:
If they would make scavenger replenish equipment and grenades and added shotguns as secondaries then I would probably like this a lot after a couple of retro map packs.

My most hated map so far.

Oh hellllll no. That would make it a nade/explosive-fest.

Quick

Banned
Holy shit at the lineups. I didn't expect a line-up at noon. Haha.

Got my copy and dog tags because I pre-ordered, and that got me late for work. :p

So Elite still not up yet, right? Mine is telling me to play a game of Black Ops; I don't have Black Ops for the system I bought Elite for.

Dresden

This game is so fast. It's like the ultimate ADHD shooter. I would never recommend it to anyone I know. It's a fucking rehash.

I'm having fun btw, Kill Confirmed is cool.

ZZMitch

Just beat the campaign, didn't have much of an idea what was going on story wise for some of it, but all of the locations were amazing to look it. Tons of fun. I am going to jump into the multiplayer in a bit.

DR3AM

Dreams of a world where inflated review scores save studios
went to pick up my game after work and there was a huge line at gs, fuck that shit, ill just pick it up after gym.

ZZMitch said:
Just beat the campaign, didn't have much of an idea what was going on story wise for some of it, but all of the locations were amazing to look it. Tons of fun. I am going to jump into the multiplayer in a bit.

Length?

The_Monk

goodfella said:
I would really, really like one of those. Was it some sort of reward for being at the midnight launch?

Sorry for the late reply! Well, sort of, they had around 100 Steelbooks so it was a first to come gets it but since there was a lot of people at the midnight launch they all (first 100) got it.

I took some pictures so you (and the others GAFfers) can see it better.

Front:

bgVodl.jpg

Inside:

JJ45Vl.jpg

Inside:

b84hIl.jpg

The 3 manuals:

395Ngl.jpg

Side:

4u7Lcl.jpg

Back:

S6ul3l.jpg

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Just finished the campaign on the Wii. It was short, only about 5 hours or so, but damn if it wasn't a ride. It was really well done on the Wii too. Some stuff I didn't think would be in there was and NYC was competently rendered. I am not disappoint.

I'll have to play through the HD campaign to double check, but otherwise, thank God I'm done with the fucking Modern Warfare story arc,
Figures that they'd kill everyone but Price

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
The_Monk said:
Sorry for the late reply! Well, sort of, they had around 100 Steelbooks so it was a first to come gets it but since there was a lot of people at the midnight launch they all (first 100) got it.

I took some pictures so you (and the others GAFfers) can see it better.

Front:

bgVodl.jpg

Inside:

JJ45Vl.jpg

Inside:

b84hIl.jpg

The 3 manuals:

395Ngl.jpg

Side:

4u7Lcl.jpg

Back:

S6ul3l.jpg