• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

RedSwirl

Gonna need screens of what the PC FOV looks like. Normally I can't tell the difference so could someone give me an example of other games that default to 60?

Anyone looking to buy a pc copy? Apparently i ordered one from newegg and forgot to cancel :(

Thinking $45, or trade for Skyrim

Pm me please

Pachimari

Now that I'm getting this for review, I got interested in CoD: Elite as well, but weren't there supposed to be app for that service as well? So that I could track my stats on the iPad. =/

After sticking to the PC versions the last 4 iterations I picked this up for PS3. Holy shit this game looks bad. Resolution so low and textures so blurry.

Still fun but Jesus coming off the back of Goldeneye I had higher expectations.

Dan Yo

Banned
I skimmed the last couple pages and couldn't find too many opinions, but is everyone in agreement that this is the worst COD multiplayer and worst of the MW multiplayers by a large margin?

Maps feel like they were designed by amateurs. Bunch of rat mazes with tight corridors. Sniping and long range assault rifles are damn near useless as they were in Black Ops. Although even more so in this one.

The perk that allows people to run while aiming down their sights has completely warped the pace and structure of COD multiplayer. Sometimes I feel like I'm playing something much more old school when I see people strafing and flying around the maps like they're on crack.

Finally, the graphics in multiplayer look very bland and lifeless. Pretty much the first sign I'd always notice when going from an Infinity Ward COD to a Treyarch COD.

As far as I'm concerned, no sequels to MW1 and MW2 exist until Respawn puts out whatever they're making. I'm completely done with COD games.

Dan Yo said:
I skimmed the last couple pages and couldn't find too many opinions, but is everyone in agreement that this is the worst COD multiplayer and worst of the MW multiplayers by a large margin?

Maps feel like they were designed by amateurs. Bunch of rat mazes with tight corridors. Sniping and long range assault rifles are damn near useless as they were in Black Ops. Although even more so in this one.

The perk that allows people to run while aiming down their sights has completely warped the pace and structure of COD multiplayer. Sometimes I feel like I'm playing something much more old school when I see people strafing and flying around the maps like they're on crack.

Finally, the graphics in multiplayer look very bland and lifeless. Pretty much the first sign I'd always notice when going from an Infinity Ward COD to a Treyarch COD.

As far as I'm concerned, no sequels to MW1 and MW2 exist until Respawn puts out whatever they're making. I'm completely done with COD games.
A lot of people are saying that's it's great.

soloscout

Neo Member
Dan Yo said:

I dunno, I'm enjoying it so far. I'm also pleasantly overwhelmed with the amount of unlockables.

Is there some sort of trick to COD multiplayer that I'm not understanding? I'm getting railed on when I usually at least hold my on in other MP Shooters.

CozMick

Banned
BlueScrote said:
Is there some sort of trick to COD multiplayer that I'm not understanding? I'm getting railed on when I usually at least hold my on in other MP Shooters.

Look at the mini map 99% of the time. seriously!

That Eurogamer review was excellent. Pretty much everything I wanted to know and more. I'm pretty secure in this purchase now, just waiting for it to get here.

AEGISX

Banned
Interficium said:
dcsgvl.jpg

wat
obiviously battlefield fanboys are trolling.
you dont see people troll battlefield, because nobody gives a damn about that game.

kamspy

RedSwirl said:
Gonna need screens of what the PC FOV looks like. Normally I can't tell the difference so could someone give me an example of other games that default to 60?

Honestly the worst of the worst. Bioshock, Borderlands, etc. Bad Company 2 at default settings. MW2.

Pretty sure it's the exact same as MW2. If you played that on PC you know what you're getting in to.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
BlueScrote said:

Have a really good connection. The speed this game plays at just seems to make a bad connection 10x worse.

Jrmint

Wow I just looked this game up on IMDB to see notable voice actors and see that Lucius Vorenus (Kevin McKidd) does Soap, I thought that was pretty cool (if you know the actor).

I can't find who does Price though. Anyone know?

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Jrmint said:
Wow I just looked this game up on IMDB to see notable voice actors and see that Lucius Vorenus (Kevin McKidd) does Soap, I thought that was pretty cool (if you know the actor).

I recognized his voice the first time I heard.

Mechazawa

Jrmint said:

I can't find who does Price though. Anyone know?
Bill Murray. Yes, his name is really Bill Murray.

AEGISX said:
obiviously battlefield fanboys are trolling.
you dont see people troll battlefield, because nobody gives a damn about that game.
Why does it have to be that? Maybe it's because MW3 is a generic, boring mess.

Brian Fellows said:
Have a really good connection. The speed this game plays at just seems to make a bad connection 10x worse.

This actually might be my issue. A lot of times on the kill cams I see things entirely different from what I thought happened.

hamchan

Alright, the campaign's story started off pretty badly but it's reached a pretty darn interesting point where I'm at now, especially if you still remember the CoD4 and MW2 campaigns.

Got to level 44/45 today.

I can't help but feel I won't be sticking with this like BO. It's way too fast. Feels like they spent all that time making ARs handle differently from SMGs in an effort to slow the game down but (aside from the fact you rarely get a chance to use ARs to their full) it feels like they fucked it up totally by making the base health so low.

Also, is it me, or does getting shot by another person when you're shooting at someone else negate your bullets? Unloading on a dude then getting shot by someone else while the initial target walks off chill is seriously annoying.

On another note: Hardcore TDM feels like the 'real' game. That right there is they should have aimed for instead of the ADHD mess that regular is. I guess they're aiming for a new audience?

Nori Chan

CozMick said:
Nope, looks like they pulled the plug on the site now.

What a fucking joke they really are.
Cause you know it's not like the millions of people accessesing the site has anything to do with it.

AEGISX

Banned
Doctor West said:
Why does it have to be that? Maybe it's because MW3 is a generic, boring mess.
go on youtube, see the rating and comments on MW3 related videos posted by IGN, you will see why I say that.
Edit: Battlefield is not generic boring mess? May I ask you how.

Dan Yo said:

A lot are saying the opposite. For me this game is perfectly balanced between MW1 and MW2. This was a pretty neat surprise. Loving it so far.

Big Baybee said:
A lot are saying the opposite. For me this game is perfectly balanced between MW1 and MW2. This was a pretty neat surprise. Loving it so far.
I agree mostly. I'm finding a good mix. This is like a hybrid of Black Ops and MW2. MW2 was an abomination of game design, but Black Ops was a bit bland/boring (one could argue, and I say this as a fan of black ops for the most part), this is a good mix....so far. Still so early.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
After playing a bit more than usual, took some time getting used to the dying more frequently but it still seems silly to me how much stronger all the weapons are. Also not into this illusion of more to do, theres a higher level cap but everyone dies quicker meaning more kills in general per match which I assume weighs out increasing the time before you can prestige.

I would definitely say the maps that I have played thus far just generally aren't that great and wouldn't be surprised if most are just their b-list maps so that they can dish out more worked on ones later through Elite/DLC.

CozMick

Banned
Noriega said:
Cause you know it's not like the millions of people accessesing the site has anything to do with it.

Not really a plausible excuse, the amount of pre-orders, past game sales and offering double xp should have easily given them the numbers to prepare for the onslaught.

It's basically shitting on those that bought Premium by catering for those that got the freebie.

Gritesh

Just finished the first 6 or 7 chapters and the first thing I noticed is how dated this game looks. Graphically it's a let down. Also can't get passed the fact that it almost feels like its on rails with snap to aim help it feels like a corridor shooter.

Have not played multiplayer yet it I am let down and will be trading this in ASAP unless multiplayer proves fun

Anybody else not get the right amount of prestige tokens? For some reason the game isn't recognizing the fact that I prestiged in Black Ops.

aku:jiki

Man, I'm enjoying the game but I'm pretty thoroughly disappointed in the netcode. I really don't feel like guns are stronger or health is lower, it just has the same shitty situations as Black Ops did. Basically whenever someone enters my screen, I die. :(

johnFkennedy said:
Anybody else not get the right amount of prestige tokens? For some reason the game isn't recognizing the fact that I prestiged in Black Ops.
I didn't have that problem, but I'm pretty sure my friend did. He doesn't have any icon for Black Ops at all, like he didn't even play it.

Shawsie64

Banned
Dan Yo said:

WOW! hahahahaha

For real chaps. MW is not my MP game of choice. But is this worth borrowing for SP and Spec Ops? Loved the shit out of Spec Ops in MW2 and found the campaign enjoyable too. Also, is Spec Ops now 4 player?

Top Bottom