• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

legacyzero said:
I have one MAJOR problem with this game Multiplayer-wise. THE SHOTGUNS ARE SEVERELY UNDERPOWERED. The only one that seems anything useful is the Striker.

Guns like the SPAS-12 are terribly useless. The really need a boost. I should not be getting only hit markers from 5 feet away and steady aim.

Sounds like you were spoiled by BLOPS

FStop7

Banned
kyo_daikun said:
If you register for elite and it actually accepts your account then your a founding member and don't need to use the code on the card, if you activate elite after november 13th you need to use the code on the card to get your founder status.

OK, thanks. When games include a million DLC codes in the box I wish they'd explain what all of them actually do.

KingDizzi

Banned
Love this game, don't think I'll be sending it back to Lovefilm for at least a few months. On PSN is there an option to turn mics off? Played a co-op match with what sounded like some prepubescent little shit calling me every racial word under the sun and got very boring. It is on most occassions very funny when hearing racial abuse online mainly because you end up being a mix of black/white/asian/indian/simpson by the end of it but this kid really got on my nerves. It also sounded like he was about to cry when he was downed in survival mode, it was......interesting.

Not even played much MP, I'd say the co-op alone justifies the price tag!

MrDaravon

FStop7 said:
OK, thanks. When games include a million DLC codes in the box I wish they'd explain what all of them actually do.

The Elite website, even when kind of working, has been absolutely horrible in explaining any of this. It also still isn't working for shit, I finally got it to partially load once today, but then it told me I had never played MW3 or Black Ops, after it showed me my 15th Prestige stats for Black Ops on Monday. I still can't believe it's down, they've totally fucked this up. How is the company who owns WoW unable to keep a page running that's getting a few million hits? Jesus.

Xamdou

SailorDaravon said:
The Elite website, even when kind of working, has been absolutely horrible in explaining any of this. It also still isn't working for shit, I finally got it to partially load once today, but then it told me I had never played MW3 or Black Ops, after it showed me my 15th Prestige stats for Black Ops on Monday. I still can't believe it's down, they've totally fucked this up. How is the company who owns WoW unable to keep a page running that's getting a few million hits? Jesus.

People bought ELITE for founder status and clan support. We haven't even been able to do either of them, what a terrible launch for it.

Madtown_

Not sure what all the fuss is about snipers now..
Before, they are too easy and you get quickscoped too much, but when using them they aren't one hit kills?

The stats are out, for the most part, and all but one of the snipers is a one hit kill to head chest and neck. Some are to the stomach as well. Legs and arms though, no-go.

Fantasmo

Anyone got a good way of leveling up quickly when you're low level? I really need some better perks and equipment

Also could really use a partner on PS3. This sucks without any good teammates. I can't play lonewolf like I could in MW2

jgminto

Pimpbaa said:
Spoiled because the shotguns felt like shotguns? The SPAS-12 feels and looks like a fucking toy in this game.
It feels like the MW2 SPAS. The problem is that almost every other gun in the game got a serious buff while the shotguns are almost identical to MW2.

soultron

Banned
Montresor said:
Does the campaign have infinite re-spawns like COD4 and Black Ops?
In parts, it feels like it does, but I'm not certain if that's actually the case. However, I'm sure this is only done to emphasize being overrun or against insurmountable odds.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Anyone else on the PS3 have problems with matchmaking during a party? It searches for other people and just hangs forever.

unomas

Banned
Montresor said:
Does the campaign have infinite re-spawns like COD4 and Black Ops?

It feels like it does on Veteran, but compared to other COD's this doesn't feel nearly as hard so far on Vet. I think they've toned it down a bit, but I'm early on in the game so things might get considerably harder, and I did just get stuck for a bit on a part which was the first time that had happened.

hamchan

Anyone using sitrep as a perk? Unlike Black Ops i'm not getting killed by claymores at all for some reason, so I don't see the use of it.

Dabanton

hamchan said:
Anyone using sitrep as a perk? Unlike Black Ops i'm not getting killed by claymores at all for some reason, so I don't see the use of it.

I would put that down to need to be level 53 before you can use them.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Hmm, not sure if I'm going to play the SP campaign on this, so many conflicting impressions. BLOPS was the first COD where I didn't play the SP, but I kind of want to see how they close this out.

kuYuri

hamchan said:

I think it's simply that majority of people aren't high level enough to have Claymores or Bouncing Betties. I'd say give it time.

Also, even in MW2 when I started to use Sitrep in the last several months, you sometimes run into teams who use claymores and sometimes you don't. It's a gamble really.

Tamanon

Banned
hamchan said:

Nobody has claymores yet, so you won't see 'em for a few more days.

Pimpbaa said:
Spoiled because the shotguns felt like shotguns? The SPAS-12 feels and looks like a fucking toy in this game.

Are you serious? The spas-12 in Blops sounded like it shot marshmallows and it usually required three shots to put someone down. The Spas in MW3 isn't a good weapon by any means but it shits all over all the Blops shotguns.

I hate it. I was fairly good at BO, rocking a 2.5kd overall, but I think I'm something pathetic like .9 on this. Will have to adjust my playstyle immediately, because rushing just does not work in this game. You die too easily and cannot escape a situation like in the previous games.

Plus the spawns are horrific.

Campster

Do you like my tight white sweater? STOP STARING
Is anyone else having weird mouse issues? Periodically when turning the sensitivity will jump up to 500% for half a second and I'll way, way overshoot whatever I was trying to aim at/turn to. Since the game just came out (and PC isn't really a leading platform) and the Steam forums are down I'm at a loss for gathering info on how to fix it.

Trexid

Neo Member
johnFkennedy said:
Are you serious? The spas-12 in Blops sounded like it shot marshmallows and it usually required three shots to put someone down. The Spas in MW3 isn't a good weapon by any means but it shits all over all the Blops shotguns.

I feel the same way

Kermit The Dog said:
I hate it. I was fairly good at BO, rocking a 2.5kd overall, but I think I'm something pathetic like .9 on this. Will have to adjust my playstyle immediately, because rushing just does not work in this game. You die too easily and cannot escape a situation like in the previous games.

Plus the spawns are horrific.

Yeah once people get claymores and even better weapons I wonder if we're not going to see an extremely camper-heavy multiplayer evolving. I guess we can be thankful though for the millions of casual fans who still rush to boost our K/D.

Kyoufu

adversesolutions said:
Yeah once people get claymores and even better weapons I wonder if we're not going to see an extremely camper-heavy multiplayer evolving. I guess we can be thankful though for the millions of casual fans who still rush to boost our K/D.

I will rush you with my ACR 6.8 :)

Dabanton

purg3 said:
Hmm, not sure if I'm going to play the SP campaign on this, so many conflicting impressions. BLOPS was the first COD where I didn't play the SP, but I kind of want to see how they close this out.

Play it.

It's awesome. I'm about 7 hours in and enjoying it immensely.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Neat...just faced against my first aimbot player on the PC version. Sort of wish I could trade in my PC copy now and order a 360 copy :/

kuYuri

G18 has been slightly nerfed I see. Besides slightly higher recoil with Akimbo (might just be in my head), it only holds 20 rounds for mp.

Campster

Do you like my tight white sweater? STOP STARING
Well apparently the mouse issue is pretty common, and no one's devised a quick fix yet.

So... yeah. Great. Multiplayer is virtually unplayable to a small segment of the PC community. Back to Battlefield until this shit is patched. At least there the aiming works.

Top Bottom