• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

Ballistik

haha first game I joined yesterday, someone was using the recon drone, had a guy yell into his mic, "Who the fuck is driving that Wall-E around?"

Bgamer90

Banned
Jack Scofield said:
Dear God, I'm struggling to pull a measly 2.0 KD ratio. I should be able to do it in my sleep, but this game has been fighting me at every turn.

lol, you make money playing the game or something?

Anyways, I enjoy kill confirmed and the smaller maps. Don't have the game but I enjoyed playing it at my cousin's house.

Way less "cheese" than MW2 (at least from what I've played).

Anyone that says the shotguns suck in this game need to try the USAS with damage boost and extended mags. I literally got 42 kills in game of TDM using only that and any kills I got from stealth bomber (support package).

Seems everything on elite console apps is working except for the stats. You can't create clans on the console and the browser version is still f'd.

so Hardened edition members can't get founders club until after the 13th right?

i'm confused by this, and wont be able to pick up my copy until friday

_woLf

This mouse sensitivity bullshit is making me angry.

The only way to fix it is to change the CPU priority of the process in task manager from high to normal, but then in some situations that causes INCREDIBLY bad stuttering problems.

Fucking fix your game, Activision. There's a thread on the CoD forums with lots of people having this same issue.

aristotle

ATTENTION PS3 ELITE USERS!

Since I just noticed this myself, no one else seems to have seen it:

Go to Account Management
Click Transaction Management
Click Services List
Click Call of Duty ELITE
Click the first option (should be : Call of Duty ELITE 1-Year Premium Membership0
CANCEL AUTOMATIC RENEWAL

I don't know how I missed it before now. In one year, everyone who doesn't have that cancelled could be automatically charged 50 bucks. 360 users should check their subscriptions too!

Mega Man

I just signed up for elite while I wait for my hardened copy to get to my house. Then played a few games of Black Ops so I can access it n it was still a no go. I assume issues with elite are still prevalent throughout the community?

aristotle

Mega Man said:
I just signed up for elite while I wait for my hardened copy to get to my house. Then played a few games of Black Ops so I can access it n it was still a no go. I assume issues with elite are still prevalent throughout the community?

Yes. Some parts are working occasionally. Some parts are FUBAR completely. Works on my PS3, but not in my browser for instance. Then once I do get it to load in my browser, sections are broken. They're doing a great job over there :thumbsup

Mega Man

aristotle said:
Yes. Some parts are working occasionally. Some parts are FUBAR completely. Works on my PS3, but not in my browser for instance. Then once I do get it to load in my browser, sections are broken. They're doing a great job over there :thumbsup
Haha... Terrible... Thanks tho

PatmanBegins

Neo Member
TestOfTide said:
Sounds like you didn't know to aim down the sight when using stakeout. It's a shame they down make the spas 12 in this game tighten its spread during ADS.

I just played some kill confirmed and within the first minute of one of the games I had 3 enemies spawn right in front of me and kill me after I killed them. Dome is just too fucking small.

Sorry Capt. Condescension, but your analysis is off. I ADS with the Stakeout as well as the SPAS in this game 99% of the time. I understand what it does (or it's supposed to do) to do the spread and range. Anyone will tell you that these guns are inconsistent. And this is coming from someone who relishes using shotguns, even in a broken environment like this game and Black Ops. Try again?

NubInaTub said:
Just put up my hardened edition for $120 and I already have two watchers. If I get at least $140-$150, i'm gonna go buy another one and do it again.
wait, are hardened editions that rare? they aren't a limited release are they? I know they are probably sold out but I'd expect plenty in stock in a few weeks

Magik

Loving the game so far. Its so fast paced and it runs so smoothly compared to Black OPs on the PS3.

If there's one thing I'm really liking a lot so far is the SMGs. I find myself using them A LOT more than I did in Black OPs and MW2.

aristotle

Kyoufu said:
I am now registered as a premium member. Will mess around with it tomorrow. Is the PS3 clan made yet?

No. That portion of the site is completely down. You can't create a clan through the app for some reason.

I did create the group "neogaf" though. Join it ;) It'll help us link up. (Once they get everything working that is)

cackhyena

I really haven't been paying attention at all to this game. Knee deep in BF3, but my brother is getting it, so I figure I'll trade in and use credit towards this. So is the general consensus this is better than Black Ops? Smoother?

I really hope Activision does something about this Prestige Token bug. I used a second token to get 2 hours of double XP, only to have it take my token and not activate the dub XP. :|

Zinthar

Geoff9920 said:
Wow, so disappointed in this game right now. It's like IW got so caught up in how they do things they didn't bother to check out all the positive changes Treyarch made to COD in Black Ops. The single biggest disappointment for me so far has to be Domination. So poorly handled. The tiny ass maps with poor illogical spawns; maps that feel like they had absolutely no thought into how you need to move between domination points. It's almost as if they intentionally designed the maps to be as unintuitive as possible. Ugh...

Yeah, this is how I feel as well. It's like they didn't even both playing Black Ops. There was plenty that could have been improved from Black Ops, but I don't think it's too controversial to say that the maps of MW3 are nowhere near as good as what Treyarch did.

I suspect that MW3 is going to experience a major backlash from much of its core base in the coming months. Perhaps my expectations were too high, but way too often this game is just a giant clusterfuck (especially on Ground War, but even in 12-player matches).

4v4 team tactical is fun still at least.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
aristotle said:
No. That portion of the site is completely down. You can't create a clan through the app for some reason.

I did create the group "neogaf" though. Join it ;) It'll help us link up. (Once they get everything working that is)

How the hell are you guys getting into Elite? It keeps asking me to sign up for an account on the website even though I'm pretty sure I already did...

Kyoufu

BruiserBear said:
I really hope Activision does something about this Prestige Token bug. I used a second token to get 2 hours of double XP, only to have it take my token and not activate the dub XP. :|

2 hours of double xp is such a waste. I would probably use it on UNLOCK GEAR for a strong Assault Rifle. FAD or ACR 6.8 would get me more XP than a measly 2 hours of dub.

I discovered M-16 / Rapid Fire today which for some unknown reason turns the gun into a beast.

I guess the burst gets there faster or leaves the gun faster so there is less spread. I really like it.

Its the M16 with Stopping Power from MW2 basically, while without Rapid Fire its the M16 from Blops.

I wonder if there are any animated/gif icons in this game.
I used to like the revolving green and black star next to my name in MW2. The little, firing turret icon was cute too :)

Zinthar

cackhyena said:
I really haven't been paying attention at all to this game. Knee deep in BF3, but my brother is getting it, so I figure I'll trade in and use credit towards this. So is the general consensus this is better than Black Ops? Smoother?

Smoother, yes. Better than Black Ops, though? No, not in my opinion.

Player movement seems to be about 10% faster in MW3 than in Black Ops, the maps are, with one exception, claustrophobic. Player health seems to be marginally decreased from where it was in Black Ops, which to me makes it appear as though battles are more often decided by latency. I've killed players who definitely should have killed me and vice versa.

I'm sure any seasoned CoD player is aware of the phenomenon where you are being shot at, immediately run behind cover, and still die because it took the game an extra second to resolve that you had already been killed before you got behind cover, but it's more noticeable in MW3 than Black Ops.

Kyoufu said:
2 hours of double xp is such a waste. I would probably use it on UNLOCK GEAR for a strong Assault Rifle. FAD or ACR 6.8 would get me more XP than a measly 2 hours of dub.
That's a great idea except for the fact that it's not possible when you first boot up the game. I had 3 tokens waiting for me when I turned it on for the first time. I used one token for dub XP, and then it ran out. Then I used another token for another 2 hours of dub XP. Then I immediately bought a class slot with the third token. Then I jumped back into a match and noticed the dub XP wasn't on.

Campaign is awesome/exhausting.

With the way it's paced, if it was any longer than 5 hours it would be too much.

Story isn't as good as MW, but is way better than MW2. Although, BLOPS was my favorite campaign of all the CODs so take that for what it's worth.

Kyoufu

BruiserBear said:
That's a great idea except for the fact that it's not possible when you first boot up the game. I had 3 tokens waiting for me when I turned it on for the first time. I used one token for dub XP, and then it ran out. Then I used another token for another 2 hours of dub XP. Then I immediately bought a class slot with the third token. Then I jumped back into a match and noticed the dub XP wasn't on.

Oh, right. Forgot about that limitation. Have you tried contacting IW about it? Maybe on twitter or something.

cackhyena

Zinthar said:
Smoother, yes. Better than Black Ops, though? No, not in my opinion.

Player movement seems to be about 10% faster in MW3 than in Black Ops, the maps are, with one exception, claustrophobic. Player health seems to be marginally decreased from where it was in Black Ops, which to me makes it appear as though battles are more often decided by latency. I've killed players who definitely should have killed me and vice versa.

I'm sure any seasoned CoD player is aware of the phenomenon where you are being shot at, immediately run behind cover, and still die because it took the game an extra second to resolve that you had already been killed before you got behind cover, but it's more noticeable in MW3 than Black Ops.
Really? Cuz it was mad obvious in BO. Shame, but claustrophobic is all I think of when I think of COD, so it's alright. Are there any sniper levels in spec ops like that one in MW2? I'd love more of those.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Tonight went much better for me. For some reason playing kill confirmed was much better than deathmatch which confuses me because they aren't much different. I actually had my k/d over one for tonight and bumped it up to .88 from .70 overall. Which still sucks because I'm usually a 1.3 guy.

tigerin

just noticed a guy on the other team each a "most time watching killcams" accolade. dude must be going "wtf is going on here. freaking bullet lags!!!" lol

MercuryLS

Banned
N3N1V.jpeg

Really handy weapons stats graph.

aristotle

ilnadmy said:
How the hell are you guys getting into Elite? It keeps asking me to sign up for an account on the website even though I'm pretty sure I already did...

I got into the elite beta so I didn't have to sign up on launch day. I've been persistently trying to log into their website and through the ps3 app so I can start up the gaf clan. Plus I'm on vacation this week so I have lots of spare time and nothing to do ;)

njean777

After playing for a while longer, this game isnt as bad as my reactionary emotions I let out earlier in this thread. So much for instant reactions.

Still think the maps could use some work, a little to cramped but I will get use to it.

Top Bottom