• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

LowParry

zlatko said:
I believe this design choice is intentional to make that gun proficiency ability that reduces how much your character flinches when shot to be something relevant to equip to your gun. The problem is it seems to be jacked up TOO high if you don't have it equipped.

There's Kick and the other attachment to reduce flinch when shot. Frankly I'd go with kick with the more stable aim and shooting. It really makes a huge difference with the Assault and SMG guns. I'm it's the same with the LMGs.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Wimps said:
According to the reactions here not alot of the GAFers are natural talents when it comes to COD. Neither was I. I improved some I think and some tips I'd like to give you is to focus on playing 1-3 weapons, get the hang of them. Look at your routes, are you walking out in the open/without cover alot etc. And most importantly, the minimap. Quite often can you anticipate where your 'killer' is coming from if you take a second or two to look at the minimap. That small thing is so so important.

You will find a lot of Gaffers are not "good" at the games they are fond of. Every community has the good/bad players here on GAF.

MarshMellow96 said:
Focus makes fuck all difference for me so it's probably the latter. Back to playing BO for me.

Cool, I think there's a BO community thread for you to chat about it in. ;)

Goddamn it, IW. Treyarch smartly made it to where in Black Ops, if you were ADS looking at one of the objective indicators, it faded away the closer your crosshair got near it.

MW3? Nope, it just stays there right in your fucking way. Jesus.

LowParry

AnEternalEnigma said:
Goddamn it, IW. Treyarch smartly made it to where in Black Ops, if you were ADS looking at one of the objective indicators, it faded away the closer your crosshair got near it.

MW3? Nope, it just stays there right in your fucking way. Jesus.

Yes. That shit is annoying and I hope there is a lot of the community asking for it back.

MarshMellow96 said:
Played BO. No connection problems and constant positive games. I come on this and I die all the time. Killcam shows I'm shooting shadows. what did they do to this game?

With Black ops you're getting crap hit detection, but you also get little latency because of the option to play regionally or not. In MW3, the hit detection is really good ( high damage weapons create the illusion the hit detection is better than what it is though ) but it seems to be a high latency affair here.

Kyoufu

So my opinion currently stands as Ground War being a clusterfuck/mess, while the regular modes are pretty fun. Less players means more space to move in.

Zinthar

It's a sad day when you realize that Treyarch is now the better developer in the series, the result of IW's massive brain drain over the past 2 years. I've played to reach level 28 in the multiplayer, and that's where I'll stop. This game can't hold a candle to Black Ops as far as Call of Duty multiplayer gameplay is concerned (I'll spare the comparison to BF3, as they're too different for simple analysis). The multiplayer in MW3 usually degenerates into a giant clusterfuck almost immediately.

I'm putting this on craigslist immediately. I'll split my multiplayer time between Gears 3, Black Ops, and BF3 PC.

Trexid

Neo Member
Been running...

Scar w/ Red Dot (first retacle unlock is nice) + kick
SMAW
Frag & Flash
Recon
Quickdraw Pro
Marksman (love being able to see red names from a distance)
Support Strike Package w/
Recon Drone
AUAV
Stealth Bomber

Been having a lot of fun so far with the game. Sometimes I feel like I should have won firefights but I'm still building up the speed after slow BO. Went on a nice tear in an FFA game earlier today. I found that hanging out in a small area and just constantly checking entrances to where your at was helping me.

- How do you unlock Recon Pro? Just keep painting people w/ flashbangs ?
- Has anyone used the AK47 yet? It was my favorite gun in BO so I'm hoping it is just as good in MW3. Wondering about impressions.

AEREC

Anyone having connection issues on the PC version, I seem to get a lot of server timeouts when connecting to a game.

Things to fix:

Increase health by at least 1 "bullet" or whatever you want to call it.

Make Advanced UAV worth it... As in, show those who have Assassin just like the Blackbird showed even Ghost Pro users. Also, make it invisible. What's the point of an Advanced UAV if it can be shot down?

Increase splash damage for explosives. I swear my semtex can be 1 foot from a guy, and he barely gets hurt. Ridiculous.

Fix the spawns. I won a FFA match just by killing a guy, then turning around and walking a few paces and killing a different guy, then turning back around and killing the first guy. Did it for the entire match. It's truly unbelievable. It's also worse in Team-based games, since it gives you little room to develop a strategy by predicting spawns.

Zinthar

Kyoufu said:
So my opinion currently stands as Ground War being a clusterfuck/mess, while the regular modes are pretty fun. Less players means more space to move in.

Definitely agree re: Ground War. As for the regular modes, it depends -- on the larger maps they can be fun, but some of the smaller maps are in the playlist as well and those end up being as big of a clusterfuck as Ground War.

zlatko

Banned
Kyoufu said:

I'm super fond of Team Tactical. 4v4 and various game types. Camping isn't an issue for me in that game type, and it's a great way to have fun with a few buddies.

Team Defender is my favorite new game type though. The least amount of camping situations arise in it. Sure the whole team will try to defend where they have the flag, but this keeps the gun battles quick and focused.

One of my favorite CoD moments ever was me getting into a build with the flag and hiding, while my friend was a juggernaut on the only steps into the building. I watched for anyone who would try to rush past his shield bashes and rack up kills, and he got an insane amount of kills for people who tried to push on him. We were laughing hard. :)

This game is just sketchy at first, but the more time you put in the more it opens itself up and shows why it's a better game (to me) than MW2 and Blops were.

legacyzero

Banned
How the hell is Elite so fucked up right now.

I wonder when the first DLC will be out? When should we be getting the first one?

DR3AM

Dreams of a world where inflated review scores save studios
anyone else getting matched up with a bunch of local people? every game so far had people from arizona in it. thats kinda cool

kuYuri

junkster said:
They did in MW2 also. Remember the Washington DC level where everything got destroyed and the area went pitch black?
We're talking about a grenade here, not a nuke exploded into the atmosphere. I'm surprised grenades could even reach that high.

zlatko

Banned
DR3AM said:
anyone else getting matched up with a bunch of local people? every game so far had people from arizona in it. thats kinda cool

The games search parameters usually start with <50 MS ping games, so that's why you are getting local players, and probably super smooth online experiences. :)

MarshMellow96 said:
So it's my fault, then? It's all in my head?

Nah, I'm kinda agreeing with you. In MW3 it seems like I'm lagging behind the action all the time too, more than Black ops at least. But with Black ops the hit detection is off, so I get a fair amount of bullshit there too.

I'm just saying there is always gonna be some bullshit behind most kills in some shape or form, as long we're all still playing CoD on a p2p network,.

DR3AM

Dreams of a world where inflated review scores save studios
BackwardsSuggestions said:
So what's the 'secret' killstreak?

someone on youtube said if you get 25 straight ( no kill streak kills) you get a special nuke. i hope im wrong

Played some SP and MP last night. It's more of the same goodness. Not sure why the campaign is getting a bit of a bad rap. Seems pretty tight so far.

All in all - lots of fun to be had again.

DR3AM said:
someone on youtube said if you get 25 straight ( no kill streak kills) you get a special nuke. i hope im wrong

Yep, but they all have to be kills using your gun or equipment. Killstreak kills don't count.

Kyoufu

The MOAB doesn't end the game either.

I kinda wish it did though. Maybe a 50 streak nuke or something. Watching Sandy Ravage decimate the enemy team single-handedly made me hard.

skullwolfgp

Neo Member
Played a little yesterday and today, came in the thread to see if anyone was having the same latency/hit detection issues...
7UZcJ.gif

Kyoufu said:
The MOAB doesn't end the game either.

I kinda wish it did though. Maybe a 50 streak nuke or something. Watching Sandy Ravage decimate the enemy team single-handedly made me hard.
Sandy has a MW3 video up?

aku:jiki

Kyoufu said:
That's one of the worst parts about this game right there! No more ridiculous videos where he gets like 100 kills using only a shotgun. :(

RJNavarrete said:
Sandy has a MW3 video up?
Yeah. He doesn't like the new maps and hates the shotguns. A little weird that he hates on the maps since he has a very fast-paced run and gun style, I would've thought he'd love these...

computers putin' said:
I'm just saying there is always gonna be some bullshit behind most kills in some shape or form, as long we're all still playing CoD on a p2p network,.

Yeah, but the bullshit I'm getting is a pretty big part of the game.

Is the Cod Elite site still messed up? I log into my account and click the orange "Enter elite" button and it shows a screen saying something like "Welcome to elite! please login or create an account at the top" even though it says I'm already logged in.

Attention people that have a female xbox avatar.

I have a juggernaut suit avatar costume up for grabs. It only works on female avatars. First PM gets it

minx

People ask for more COD4 like maps. They get them. Then "Waaaahhhh the maps are too small". Some people can never be happy.

legacyzero

Banned
minx88 said:
People ask for more COD4 like maps. They get them. Then "Waaaahhhh the maps are too small". Some people can never be happy.
exactly. the maps are fine. Although Village can die in a fucking fire.

Lionheart1827 said:
Is the Cod Elite site still messed up? I log into my account and click the orange "Enter elite" button and it shows a screen saying something like "Welcome to elite! please login or create an account at the top" even though it says I'm already logged in.

Same for me.

I'd love to get this clan up but it ain't happening right now.

MarshMellow96 said:
Focus makes fuck all difference for me so it's probably the latter. Back to playing BO for me.
Focus doesn't matter much because basically, if you get hit in this game, you're dead anyway, so who cares if your view doesn't flinch as much? Hardened pro in BO was actually useful though.

Top Bottom