• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

Xux

Sir Garbageman said:
Any LMGs worth using this time around?
The L86, MG36, and PKP are all pretty good so far. L86 was probably my favorite gun in MW2 and it's still amazing in this game.

Shady859

RWKACW9F6L

Mountain Dew code everyone can use, they gave it out on X-Play. Just watching it now. Sorry if was already posted.

I'm having fun with it as I love CoD games but the maps are weak... Hopefully they'll have larger or extra map packs bringing back retro maps.

ultim8p00

Banned
Alright, so new complaint. Lately I've been consistently going like 4 and 20 or something ridiculous like that. Yesterday I was doing really well in this game, never had a problem and I never felt cheated.

Now it feels as though people see me faster than I see them. Every killcam I watch, I don't even get a single shot in and I'm dead. However, it takes me several shots, and sometimes the enemy can even shoot me a few times even though I got the jump on them. Wtf is this?

PatmanBegins said:
Sorry Capt. Condescension, but your analysis is off. I ADS with the Stakeout as well as the SPAS in this game 99% of the time.

I think you misunderstood me. I'm saying that the SPAS-12 in this game is even worse than the stakeout because ADS spread is too big. i was never guaranteed a 1 shot kill with stakeout past a certain range, but aiming helped increase those chances a lot, unlike in this game. Then there is the annoying fact that with the stakeout you at least had a good visual indicator of when you could fire your next shot where as with the spas-12 you can fire again while the gun is pointed in a way that would suggest otherwise.

Sir Garbageman said:
Any LMGs worth using this time around?
I found the LSW to be pretty good at all ranges, although I did find i was munching through ammo a lot faster than with other weapons.

MercuryLS said:
N3N1V.jpeg

Really handy weapons stats graph.
So the ACR trumps all other ARs? I knew it.

Zinthar

ultim8p00 said:
Alright, so new complaint. Lately I've been consistently going like 4 and 20 or something ridiculous like that. Yesterday I was doing really well in this game, never had a problem and I never felt cheated.

Now it feels as though people see me faster than I see them. Every killcam I watch, I don't even get a single shot in and I'm dead. However, it takes me several shots, and sometimes the enemy can even shoot me a few times even though I got the jump on them. Wtf is this?

Your latency to the host is probably higher than other players'. I've noticed this as well -- sometimes I'll dominate, seemingly unfairly (I'm either the host or have an excellent connection to the host), and in other games I'm dead before I could possibly have seen the other player.

Latency is always a problem with any peer-to-peer multiplayer game, but it effects results more when the guns do more damage per the amount of health the player has (guns do more damage in MW3 than in Black Ops).

Also, it's not nearly as bad in the mercenary playlist because there's generally lower latencies in that playlist because of no parties. In the games where I'm partied with friends, results are much more random.

There's really no solution to this, except for my usual recourse when I get really pissed off, which is to go play on a dedicated server located in Chicago in BF3 PC where my latency is ~10ms.

$hady said:
RWKACW9F6L

Mountain Dew code everyone can use, they gave it out on X-Play. Just watching it now. Sorry if was already posted.

I'm having fun with it as I love CoD games but the maps are weak... Hopefully they'll have larger or extra map packs bringing back retro maps.
"Already used."

tigerin

ultim8p00 said:

that's call of duty for you man. lol

Kyoufu

Brian Fellows said:
So far I like Fallen, Outpost, Seatown, and Village.

Can't stand Downturn or Arkaden.

I looooooooove Downturn. Has a really nice and simple layout.

Arkaden is Nuketown v2 though ;/

njean777

TacticalFox88 said:
Care to elaborate what you like now?

I like the gameplay other then quick scoping (still wish that wasnt in this game) but other then that it is better then ever. Also after playing the maps for a bit they are good when you get to know them (aside from feeling cluttered). I finally noticed the kill-cam is not trustworthy after playing some more. Just have a whole better feeling about this game after giving it some more time.

The same thing happened to me for black ops and I remember giving Black ops a second chance and ended up going prestige 4 times. So I gave this game some more time and ended up liking it more now.

I still feel the guns kill way to quickly, I hope they cut the damage down or give more health.

Mik2121

snack said:
I definitely understand. You spend two years working on a title that's, to be honest, pretty good. And then a bunch of haters (and there are many, either people that just suck at playing the game online and decide to hate it, or just don't like the fact that a game is popular) go and fuck around with the scores on metacritic. I personally don't care about that site, but still it's kind of sad to see all these people spending time of their lives trying to downplay a pretty great game.

Mayyhem

$hady said:
RWKACW9F6L

Darn, I figured this be the only chance I get at DewXp since its a USA-Only promotion -.-, but its "already used"

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Brian Fellows said:
So far I like Fallen, Outpost, Seatown, and Village.

Can't stand Downturn or Arkaden.

Outpost is good, reminds me of John Carpenter's The Thing. Way better than Sub Base.

Seatown is probably the most detailed map in the game. Lots of rooms and open patios have lots of shelves, props, and objects. I really don't care for Village at all.

My favorite is currently CARBON. Always do well on that map.

Anyone else unlock this emblem yet?

20hxde0.png

I did. Support Strike Package ftw!

Shady859

WOW seriously!!!!?? Sorry about the code then...

LMAO I tivo'ed it earlier when I saw a commercial and jsut watched it before posting. It was like 5 hours later.... They didn't straight up say it was a multi use code.... They said check out the double XP promo on caps, cut to a cap with the code highlighted and then showed the code being typed into the dewxp.com site. I tried it and honestly it worked! :D I assumed it was a multi use code but maybe I was the only one watching while on my laptop and actually entered the code.

Proelite

Guys is there a console command that would enable Spec Ops and MP hit feedback on enemies in single player? I love the exaggerated sounds of impact and the white crosshairs that confirms a hit. It'll make SP twice as fun as it currently is for me.

Overall I think it's becoming increasingly obvious that Treyarch are the vastly better map designers, IW don't seem to understand map design. And I don't even hate the maps, but you can tell the extreme lack of thought when you really think about it.

RedAssedApe

Banned
snack said:

User scores lost all credibility after the Dragon Age controversy. Good or bad...I doubt anyone gives two shits about the user reviews on that site or any site where you don't have some kind of back and forth dialogue between the community members.

$hady said:
WOW seriously!!!!?? Sorry about the code then...

Ya bastard. I signed up for a Dewxp account and it didn't work! ;)

Effect

Maybe people are just honestly disappointed with the game. Does it have to be trolling by fans of another game? Even on these forums you have people expressing their disappointment with the final result after looking forward to it.

Teknoman

Well i'm kinda liking the MP. Just testing out Free for all atm. Not sure about the campaign though. Might end up being a Battlefield bad company 2 for me where I just play the MP and forget about the campaign.

hamchan said:
They shouldn't even care about the user score since it's mostly BF3 fanboys voting it down and no one looks at it anyways. Unless they get some sort of bonus for a high user score.

Why can't you accept that players aren't too stoked on this game? This game has the worst multi maps so far in the entire series. Couple that with a very outdated engine and it is no surprise it hasn't been well received. Look over this thread and you can tell that this game isn't universally praised on GAF. Has nothing to do with BF3, to make that comparison just makes you look like the fanboys you seem to be pointing a finger at.

soultron

Banned
I've created a bunch of different classes now and am really enjoying the variety.

Really digging going into stomp-mode and running with an MP5+rapid fire. So good.

Effect said:
Maybe people are just honestly disappointed with the game. Does it have to be trolling by fans of another game? Even on these forums you have people expressing their disappointment with the final result after looking forward to it.

For every review that is a 0 or a 1 or something stupid, you can click on the link that shows all reviews by that user and there's a huge chance you'll see they gave a certain other big name shooter sequel a 10.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Effect said:

Giving a game a zero is pretty much trolling. So...yes.

Dresden

MercuryLS said:
http://mp1st.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/N3N1V.jpeg[/IMG]

What the fuck were they thinking with some of those numbers. It's like they shit out random stats for all the guns.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I think citing poor map design for this game has become a buzz phrase. I certainly didn't have a problem with any of them today. Big maps work fine with the gameplay, small maps do as well as long as you adjust your play style and loadout accordingly.

I guess another Derail, Wasteland, or giant WaW style map would be good for variety, but there's no more than maybe 3 maps I'd want out of the current rotation.

PatmanBegins

Neo Member
That damage chart confirms what some already knew -- the Type 95 is overpowered as fuck and the CM901 is useless in the damage environment of this game.

Quick

Banned
I was playing earlier, and I got to see the Davis Family Vacation scene, since I agreed to the disturbing content message before the campaign started.

I could see the No Russian level in MW2 as furthering the plot, but this one was pointless. 100% for shock value, really. Not that I'm surprised.

Other than that, it's been a pretty solid game so far. I'm not finished, but levels felt really short, compared to previous COD games. Could just be me, though.

RedSwirl

MustacheBandit_ said:
Word of mouth is gonna hurt this game's future sales. It will be on sale soon, wait for it.
By any more than $10 off, and considering it already sold probably 6mil? Don't really think so.

MercuryLS said:
N3N1V.jpeg

That chart has some inconsistencies
The .44 magnum (low capacity, high power)has a lower base damage(14) than the Five-seveN(high capacity, low power)(17)?
Yet the magnum kills in two less hits at range?
I wouldn't put too much weight behind that.

snack said:

It'll sell a fucking gazillion even with a 0 metascore average, so they'll get the last laugh. But yeah, the low review trolling is pretty fucking pathetic.

'HAY I PREFER SHOOTING GAME X OVER SHOOTING GAME Y, IM A SPECIALER PERSON THAN YOU.'..no, you're still a dumb-fuck, and noone gives a shit. Just play whatever the hell you want and stop giving a fuck about games you don't like.

Sub_Level said:
I think citing poor map design for this game has become a buzz phrase. I certainly didn't have a problem with any of them today. Big maps work fine with the gameplay, small maps do as well as long as you adjust your play style and loadout accordingly.

I guess another Derail, Wasteland, or giant WaW style map would be good for variety, but there's no more than maybe 3 maps I'd want out of the current rotation.

Are you new to Multiplayer FPS games? If a game has poor maps it isn't difficult to figure that out after playing a few rounds on them. this game has really bad maps, there is no debate about this.

Top Bottom