• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

M.W.

dmg04 said:
Nope, Elite is broken. lol.

Payed 50 bucks for this shit and it doesn't even work, literally.

You know what Activision should have done? Charged $5 for 2 hours of XP. Damn they could have made so much more.

Mik2121

How do I go about unlocking Assassin Pro? On the challenges I'm at Assassin Pro IV, but still with just Assassin.

MDavis360 said:
Oh good. I see splitscreeners are back to singlehandely (or doublehandedly) bring my team down. Thanks for the loss, guys.
Yep. Every time a new game starts, if I see splitscreeners on my team I just bail out unless it's a game where I've been for a while and I know the enemies are weak :p

M.W.

MDavis360 said:
Oh good. I see splitscreeners are back to singlehandely (or doublehandedly) bring my team down. Thanks for the loss, guys.

Don't play with randoms. Kills this game.

Mik2121 said:
How do I go about unlocking Assassin Pro? On the challenges I'm at Assassin Pro IV, but still with just Assassin.

Yep. Every time a new game starts, if I see splitscreeners on my team I just bail out unless it's a game where I've been for a while and I know the enemies are weak :p

You have to complete challenge 4 to unlock that pro perk.

Shearie

For the recon perk, does it also work with flash or concussion grenades? Also, does it work for you when teammates deal explosive or bullet damage?

LowParry

I think the killstreak EMP needs to be toned down as how long it stays up. It's pretty over powered imo. Other than that, my BO emblem showed up for my other token that's been missing so that's gotta be some sort of good sign that Elite is coming along to be up soon or whatever.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Porting mp_carentan from CoD1 with no additional debris/structures would make me so happy.

Screw the haters, having lots of fun with this one.

protonion

I love this game! I've been playing all day. Every single match was awesome.
Good job developers. I don't know if I like it more than mw yet, time will tell.

Also after a year playing black ops it's clear that IW cods are a lot more smooth (I don't mean framerate).

-Amon-

I can't understand how some guys can be so sure about the quality of multiplayer maps so soon.

Player behaviour count a lot, and while the userbase gains knowledge while playing, everything is going to change ... i'd gave at least a pair of months before going so definitive,

elektrixx said:
Is it possible to buy Elite for Xbox 360 without playing MW3? My copy hasn't arrived and I want founder's status.

It says that you still have to play the game after getting Premium Elite by Novemebr 13 to become a founder.

Edit: It seems to only apply to the Premium purchase so you should be alright.

Fjordson

Sub_Level said:
I think citing poor map design for this game has become a buzz phrase. I certainly didn't have a problem with any of them today. Big maps work fine with the gameplay, small maps do as well as long as you adjust your play style and loadout accordingly.
Yeah, I'm liking the maps. Though I've been incredibly casual with my CoD playtime for a few years now so I could be totally wrong. They're fun so far, though.

Touch

I hate Downturn. Haven't complained about much in this game so far, but good lord that map sucks so much of the worst thing you can suck.

Mik2121

Carbon is probably the worst map I think. It's just a mess of buildings with tons of exists, and if you don't keep running like crazy, you will get stabbed from the back.

AwesomeSauce said:
Downturn? The one with the U.S flag?

I hate that map. Terrible flow and layout.
Holy crap, I just watched a video of that map on youtube and realized that I still haven't played on that map! How is that even possible lol

As for maps I think they're all pretty awesome in one gametype or another, but the one map I actually hate with a passion is Carbon.
Like seriously, wtf is up with that map.
If you spawn on the bottom you're pretty much fucked.
At least on maps like Estate in MW2 there were so many ways to get to the main house or get on level ground but on Carbon the only way to change elevations is to go through choke points.

that said, fuck i love this game

$hady said:
Is there a clan or group of people here who play on 360? Sick of randoms vs groups. SICK
You can add the GAF gamertag, "MW3 NeoGAF" (just read the OP for more instructions)

or I think Xtortionist has a clan set up.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Syph Medwes said:
Holy crap, I just watched a video of that map on youtube and realized that I still haven't played on that map! How is that even possible lol

As for maps I think they're all pretty awesome in one gametype or another, but the one map I actually hate with a passion is Carbon.
Like seriously, wtf is up with that map.
If you spawn on the bottom you're pretty much fucked.
At least on maps like Estate in MW2 there were so many ways to get to the main house or get on level ground but on Carbon the only way to change elevations is to go through choke points.

that said, fuck i love this game

You can add the GAF gamertag, "MW3 NeoGAF" (just read the OP for more instructions)

or I think Xtortionist has a clan set up.
Is the PS3 one working because I still haven't been accepted.

Mik2121 said:
Carbon is probably the worst map I think. It's just a mess of buildings with tons of exists, and if you don't keep running like crazy, you will get stabbed from the back.

Stick to the sides, kill people running aimlessly in the middle.

nomis

Rickard said:
This is, by far, the easiest CoD to beat on veteran.

Good. That's just because the encounters are some of the best designed yet. Ample cover at different heights for popping out of crouch and prone to take shots, and a more realistic amount of accessible alleyways and routes to flank the enemy. It actually seems fair. Sledgehammer kicked ass considering it's their first attempt at a campaign... Treyarch fell on their face with CoD3.

unomas

Banned
Rickard said:
This is, by far, the easiest CoD to beat on veteran.

Agreed, I'm a little over halfway through on Vet, and this is much much easier than the previous 4 titles on Vet. I never played 1-3 on Vet so I can't compare those to the last 5, but this is much easier than COD4 and WAW. Granted, as was said you have many more objects to hide behind, and the confrontations seem much more well designed, but I'll peel through this on Vet in the next day or so at the most. I'm about 4.5 hours in, and I'm hoping to finish it in 8-9 hours, and I don't feel like it's much of a challenge. COD4 and WAW were very cheap on Vet though, throwing crazy shit at you that almost required luck more than skill at times, and I'm glad they didn't go that route here, but a little more difficulty would be nice.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Syph Medwes said:
Yup I just checked it now, you're added!
Thanks!

unomas said:
Agreed, I'm a little over halfway through on Vet, and this is much much easier than the previous 4 titles on Vet. I never played 1-3 on Vet so I can't compare those to the last 5, but this is much easier than COD4 and WAW. Granted, as was said you have many more objects to hide behind, and the confrontations seem much more well designed, but I'll peel through this on Vet in the next day or so at the most. I'm about 4.5 hours in, and I'm hoping to finish it in 8-9 hours, and I don't feel like it's much of a challenge. COD4 and WAW were very cheap on Vet though, throwing crazy shit at you that almost required luck more than skill at times, and I'm glad they didn't go that route here, but a little more difficulty would be nice.
Blowtorch and Corkscrew. Period.

kuYuri

So much easier and slightly less time consuming to get pro perks. Thank you IW/Sledgehammer.

dmg04 said:
Elite is fully working on my console. holy balls

I was actually able to use the console app earlier this afternoon, but website was still down.

Looks like if you get 2 of the same reward in the Support Package, you only get to use one. I had a Counter UAV stored up...then I earned another one. I went to activate-and I only had one. Did I miss something?

kuYuri

MDavis360 said:
Looks like if you get 2 of the same reward in the Support Package, you only get to use one. I had a Counter UAV stored up...then I earned another one. I went to activate-and I only had one. Did I miss something?

I had two CUAVs at once. I don't think you missed anything.

hamchan

omnomis said:
Good. That's just because the encounters are some of the best designed yet. Ample cover at different heights for popping out of crouch and prone to take shots, and a more realistic amount of accessible alleyways and routes to flank the enemy. It actually seems fair. Sledgehammer kicked ass considering it's their first attempt at a campaign... Treyarch fell on their face with CoD3.

Yeah this is a great campaign. This is also the first time in a few years that people haven't complained about an annoying level, probably because there are none. MW2 had the favela level and BLOPs had the Vietnam level.

Spoo

hamchan said:
Yeah this is a great campaign. This is also the first time in a few years that people haven't complained about an annoying level, probably because there are none. MW2 had the favela level and BLOPs had the Vietnam level.

Probably the only level that got me started was
the one where you have to follow the tanks
, and actually, it only took a few tries to get through it. By far, the most forgiving CoD on Veteran, and I never took notice of spawning enemies, so it says something about good pacing I guess.

Meanwhile, still loving the MP. Level 45 or so, and the game still has that "just one more level" appeal.

Mik2121

I just finished a match and it said the playlist has been updated, downloading now. Do you guys know what's the update about?

Top Bottom