• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

Guenther

threetri333 said:
Check if your connection is top notch; you need a good connection so you don't end clipping a guy point blank and end up with a hit marker. This can be done by wiring an Ethernet cable to your console and disabling Theatre Mode.
Doesn´t help.

Sorry, it worked for me; but the connection problems are still horrible. I hope they release patches soon..

Make sure you join games with low ping

Only if this game had dedicated servers for consoles. -_-

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Why the hell hasn't someone made an Emblems guide yet? I see the titles being put up on the MW3 wiki... but no damn emblems!

I WANT TO KNOW IF MY CHICKEN MADE THE CUT!

Also, do you lose all attachments and proficiencies on weapons you've unlocked with tokens when prestiging a second time, or do they stay forever?

dmg04 said:
Why the hell hasn't someone made an Emblems guide yet? I see the titles being put up on the MW3 wiki... but no damn emblems!

I WANT TO KNOW IF MY CHICKEN MADE THE CUT!

Also, do you lose all attachments and proficiencies on weapons you've unlocked with tokens when prestiging a second time, or do they stay forever?

Yup you lose them, and you cant unlock them with a token either. You start at baseline weapons AND you have to get to level 4 in order to use them since Create A class is unlocked at that level.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Lionheart1827 said:
Yup you lose them, and you cant unlock them with a token either. You start at baseline weapons AND you have to get to level 4 in order to use them since Create A class is unlocked at that level.
Looks like i'm not prestiging anymore!

Guenther

threetri333 said:
Sorry, it worked for me; but the connection problems are still horrible. I hope they release patches soon..

Make sure you join games with low ping

Only if this game had dedicated servers for consoles. -_-
100 % agree.

I´ve got the same problems since COD4. Every release I hope the finally fix it and every release I get dissapointed.

tsigo

Jrmint said:
Is anyone else's multiplayer menu on 360 glitching out and lagging? I am worried my 360 is fucked up...

Yes. It's probably making a connection to Elite or something and getting hung up.

AnEternalEnigma said:
Yep. I get the same stuff. So many temporary freezes in the MP menus.

Played about 4 hours MP now... haven't encountered this at all. What system are you playing on? And if its on 360 is it installed?

Ballistik

Lionheart1827 said:
I guess that isn't that bad though. It only takes 2-3 games to get stuff like kick, red dot and silencer.

rvy said:
I should not be enjoying the campaign as much as I am. I really should not.

It does nothing new over MW2, but the production value is insane.
Definitely how you do a consistent high budget script-a-thon. BF3 & BLOPS should have taken better notes.

What the fuck is with IW putting me in games where the match is literally almost over? WTF? You're telling me with the thousands of players playing this that you can't find twelve people who are searching for games?

Lionheart1827 said:
Do you lose camos as well?

TacticalFox88 said:
What the fuck is with IW putting me in games where the match is literally almost over? WTF? You're telling me with the thousands of players playing this that you can't find twelve people who are searching for games?

This drives me insane as well. I don't really care about my W/L but it frustrating waiting to join a game and then BAM! game ends.

DR3AM

Dreams of a world where inflated review scores save studios
does the main menu frezze for anyone else for like 3-5 secs? (360)

vilmer_

TacticalFox88 said:

I had it happen three times in a row last night where I entered the game and they literally ended 5 seconds after I joined. I think this destroys your average kills per map stats :/

TacticalFox88 said:
A great improvement to this franchise would be to opt out of joining games in progress. You're almost always put in games when the team is loosing.

Syph Medwes said:
Do you lose camos as well?

Yup, sorry. Although, for the first time I noticed all my guns have a "Winter" camo option which seems to be at the very bottom of the list and separated from it. Where did that come from?

snack

TacticalFox88 said:
+1

aristotle

RJNavarrete said:
Is disabling theatre mode a confirmed difference maker or is it rumor?

Rumor I think. I haven't noticed any lag from having it running. It all depends on who the server picks as the host. All of the games are saved server-side. You have to "download" them to your vault.

Lionheart1827 said:
Yup, sorry. Although, for the first time I noticed all my guns have a "Winter" camo option which seems to be at the very bottom of the list and separated from it. Where did that come from?
Wow, thanks for letting me know. I think I'll prestige only once then. I want to get gold camo for my MSR, guess I'll wait till after the prestige before I go for that then...

Also, would you mind posting a picture of the Winter camo? I'm just interested in seeing how it looks.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
TacticalFox88 said:

So bad, hate when this shit happens. I got put into a game which was nearly over, I spawned straight away into the middle of a precision airstrike and by the time i re spawned the game was over. 0 kills and 1 death.

Is there a way to upload your theater movies to the internet? I had the most glorious 5 person kill with a missile. I'm the shittiest player so this is a big deal for me. I need to save it for posterity.

kuYuri

DR3AM said:
does the main menu frezze for anyone else for like 3-5 secs? (360)

It's been doing this for me since I first got the game, can't figure out why it happens. It affects some people and not others.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
VelvetMouth said:
Is there a way to upload your theater movies to the internet? I had the most glorious 5 person kill with a missile. I'm the shittiest player so this is a big deal for me. I need to save it for prosperity.

Yeah, upload clip to online, then go to your online menu and click render.

Also, it's posterity, not prosperity.

vilmer_

VelvetMouth said:
Is there a way to upload your theater movies to the internet? I had the most glorious 5 person kill with a missile. I'm the shittiest player so this is a big deal for me. I need to save it for prosperity.

You can link your cod account to your youtube account on the elite website and upload through there I believe. I see an option to 'render' in vault mode on the console but it's greyed out for some reason... I wonder if you have to purchase the elite subscription for this to unlock?

vilmer_ said:
You can link your cod account to your youtube account on the elite website and upload through there I believe. I see an option to 'render' in vault mode on the console but it's greyed out for some reason... I wonder if you have to purchase the elite subscription for this to unlock?

I looked at some Youtube videos on how to do it but they all said it wasn't working yet through Elite. I'll go give it another try.

VelvetMouth said:
I looked at some Youtube videos on how to do it but they all said it wasn't working yet through Elite. I'll go give it another try.

Gives me an error when I go to link my Youtube account. I think you already had to have it linked through the Blops Elite beta.

Dreaver

Just completed the campaign.

Note: I loved all the Modern Warfare campaigns, and I loved the scripted stuff.

First of all, some things are TERRIBLE designed. Veteran diffucult is fucking bullshit at certain moments. It's not "fun hard" but "annoying and not fun hard". I raged hard a few times at certain moments. Note to self is: Don't play the game on Veteran if you want to enjoy the shooting.

Apart from the shitty design, I fucking loved it. The whole 'World War 3' concept was pretty awesome and it really felt like a war. A few jaw-dropping moments for me:
- The whole plane level, especially the crash and the ending of the level.
- Where you invade the beach in Germany.
- The last part in France where the Eiffeltower falls down in the end. So.Fucking.Good.
- The last level when you are a juggernaut.
- The ending, oh my god such a great, epic, fitting ending.

Overall, I was very satisfied with the singleplayer. Not a single boring part.

The locations were great and diverse as well. Also because I have seen
London, Paris and Prague
in real life.

The mix between playing Soap/Prince and other soldiers was executed pretty good as well. I even starting to like and enjoy the characters, while they just felt like random soldiers in Modern Warfare 1 to me.

Great ending (especially the last moment in-game) for the trilogy. One of my favorite trilogies (singleplayer-wise).

Syph Medwes said:
Wow, thanks for letting me know. I think I'll prestige only once then. I want to get gold camo for my MSR, guess I'll wait till after the prestige before I go for that then...

Also, would you mind posting a picture of the Winter camo? I'm just interested in seeing how it looks.

Here's a vid I just found really quick.

http://youtu.be/GZgBMPKFFxo

SmokeMaxX

Just used the SPAS. 90% of the time it did exactly what I expected. Even killed 3 guys in a row shooting at me out in the open. 10% of the time it didn't kill at close range, but honestly I didn't have them centered on my screen so it was pretty much my fault.

I think most people just try to use shotguns like SMGs and expect it to do well. Shotguns do well at close range and if you have good aim. You're not supposed to spray with them (sans the AA12) and you're not supposed to engage in an open area. That's what smoke grenades and secondaries are for (or hell, overkill).

Chittagong

Gold Member
Holy fuck, I hooked my Xbox with an ethernet cable directly to router instead of wifi via Time Capsule as suggested, and suddenly I am at 1 and over KD in many games (I used to be 0.5-0.7).

It's incredible since it has always put me to the <50ms league. But now I actually manage duels, and even see enemies before they see me. Plus shooting half a clip is not necessary.

All this and I thought I had no lag.

tsigo

NinjaFridge said:
So bad, hate when this shit happens. I got put into a game which was nearly over, I spawned straight away into the middle of a precision airstrike and by the time i re spawned the game was over. 0 kills and 1 death.

The alternative is Black Ops where you end up with games that go 6 on 2 for the entire duration because a bunch of bitches quit early because they were losing (which happens all the time). IW chooses the better option.

Top Bottom