• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

X-Frame

Why does the Sentry Gun still come in a care package when the Recon Drone, Remote Sentry, etc do not?

And does it still not contribute to your killstreak?

Splinter

What is the easiest way to get my NAT from moderate to open? I've tried to use the port forwarding site that is always posted but I do not know what the fuck they are talking about.

My 360 is connected to my router via the 360 wireless adapter.

MercuryLS

Banned
Mojo said:
lol, latest video on that MW3 channel, smh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRkg0s5KMFU
1263876380480.jpg

Palmer_v1

Splinter said:
What is the easiest way to get my NAT from moderate to open? I've tried to use the port forwarding site that is always posted but I do not know what the fuck they are talking about.

My 360 is connected to my router via the 360 wireless adapter.

Put your xbox's IP in your DMZ.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Anton Sugar said:
That's...that's some sort of hack, right?

If intentional bullshit is slang for hack, then yeah.

Quick scoping must definitely be easier in this game. I've run into it a lot more in MW3 than any other COD.

TheHakku

Anyone else occasionally hear an ear-deafening noise that lasts for a really long time in multiplayer? I had it happen to me twice already and thought my TV was going to explode. That, and the occasional "lag" that occurs in games sometimes. It doesn't feel like traditional lag. More like the screen freezes, and then the game comes back a couple seconds later. It seems to affect everyone on the map at that time. Both happened with theater mode turned off. I'm thinking patch 1.03 may have had something to do with this.

Video of the sound glitch in action (WARNING: Turn your volume down to like, 2-5%): Here

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
TheHakku said:
Anyone else occasionally hear an ear-deafening noise that lasts for a really long time in multiplayer? I had it happen to me twice already and thought my TV was going to explode. That, and the occasional "lag" that occurs in games sometimes. It doesn't feel like traditional lag. More like the screen freezes, and then the game comes back a couple seconds later. It seems to affect everyone on the map at that time. Both happened with theater mode turned off. I'm thinking patch 1.03 may have had something to do with this.

Video of the sound glitch in action (WARNING: Turn your volume down to like, 2-5%): Here

OMG, it's aliens!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5cfvhioMsE

DGRE

Banned
That video gives me good reason to stick with BF3. There is no way IW can program CoD in order to prevent quick-scoping? Surely there has to be.

LowParry

DGRE said:
That video gives me good reason to stick with BF3. There is no way IW can program CoD in order to prevent quick-scoping? Surely there has to be.

You rarely see quickscopers in game. It's actually fun to see them in action.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
DGRE said:

They embrace it, they aren't trying to limit it.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
MCXC Pioneer said:
BLOPS didn't have it if I recall correctly

They had a delay to scope, which got changed because all the quick scopers bitched, but it definitely isn't what it is now.

Quickscoping = nerfed in blackops but still possible.

Quickscoping = buffed back to ridiculous levels in MW3

Victrix

*beard*
Number of games I have lost, raged, or been dominated by quickscopers: 0

Number of games I have murdered terrible, terrible snipers trying to quickscope: Many

Number of games I have been up against a competent, dangerous sniper: A handful

Madtown_

CrashPrime said:
Someone please trade me some combat cards in the MW3 dew promotion or throw me some extra codes you might have laying around. 2 cards left, and my body can't handle any more Mountain Dew. (PS: This isn't some referal scam or anything .. just a lame dew tie-in that yields double XP time)

http://www.rankupxp.com/Dashboard/Index/cardExchange/915193944701

Also, does anyone know if there is a way to apply this double XP stuff to the PC version of the game? I'm thinking this whole effort may have been in vein.
I believe I made you an offer. Let me know if you didn't get one!

Last night playing, the maps grew on me a little bit. Still aren't great, but they're do-able. Can't wait for some MW2 or CoD4 remakes in DLC.

ajf009

Victrix said:
Number of games I have lost, raged, or been dominated by quickscopers: 0

Number of games I have murdered terrible, terrible snipers trying to quickscope: Many

Number of games I have been up against a competent, dangerous sniper: A handful

I'm on this boat as well, although I have met very few good real snipers. I'm against them beefing up quick scoping but since it really hasn't affecting me at all (yet) I have nothing to complain about in that department.

I3rand0

TheHakku said:

Yeah this has happened twice to me on PS3 it's so awful. There's also another audio glitch in Spec Ops where after you start the match if you fail to connect to your partner, it disables all sound when you return to the Spec Ops menu.

j-wood

Can someone explain to me exactly what quick scoping is? Does the game auto-aim when you first open your scope or something? At work, can't watch a video

computers putin' said:
I dunno, haven't really tried quickscoping in this game yet.
The only reason I'm saying is because it doesn't seem fun. It looks like the guy aims into any area, fires a shot and gets a kill. He never really moved from the spot he started in. I can't find enjoyment in that. I'm sur it takes skill, yet it seems such a lame way to play.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
TacticalFox88 said:
Hearing "Kill Confirmed" is definitely one of the most satisfying things ever

I really, REALLY like this game mode. It keeps things flowing. I used to only play domination, but kill confirmed is easily one of my favorite gametypes ever.

rCIZZLE

DGRE said:

Ever considered it being intentional? Nty to bf3... I'll deal with a few gdlk quickscopers but I won't deal with a 30fps mess.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Alienshogun said:
I really, REALLY like this game mode. It keeps things flowing. I used to only play domination, but kill confirmed is easily one of my favorite gametypes ever.

I think I'm the only COD player who despises Domination. I'll play TDM, Kill Confirmed, and Demolition all day long, but Domination just annoys the hell out of me. It's fun when you have a good team, but it sucks so much ass when your team sucks and you can't hold a flag for longer than 30 seconds. Pretty much every pro video I watch is of Domination, and I don't understand why this mode is so popular.

I'm starting to warm up to some of the other issues I had with the game (maps, gun play) but the lag is still fucking horrendous. The killcams are like a full second off sometimes. Maybe its a YMMV thing, but Black Ops was way better for me. It's a game killer here. Any chance this eventually gets resolved?

ultron87

Finished the campaign. Twas an entertaining ride.

And I appreciated that they wrapped everything up and didn't leave anything hanging.

Top Bottom