• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

Meadows

Banned
The Type 95 is downright disgusting. Barely need to complete that one burst before the target is dead.

really? It was fucking shite for me, never got the kill on that first burst and then the delay in getting off the second ALWAYS got me killed.

unomas

Banned
Yeah I've been playing it today and I'm having more fun than I was with MW3. I do think Demolition in MW3 is better though; some of the bomb sites in BLOPS are in retarded locations...

I sold mine originally then re-ordered it on Goozex when I realized MW3 isn't all I thought it would be. I'm sure you can find it for cheap on one of those websites.

Thanks, I'll be looking soon and probably selling MW3.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Yeah I've been playing it today and I'm having more fun than I was with MW3. I do think Demolition in MW3 is better though; some of the bomb sites in BLOPS are in retarded locations...

I sold mine originally then re-ordered it on Goozex when I realized MW3 isn't all I thought it would be. I'm sure you can find it for cheap on one of those websites.

Deja vu.

undrtakr900

2 hours of game play time. Mine unlocked for me like a week after I signed up for Elite lol.
Ah okay sweet 8D, I was holding off on downloading Elite till I had 2 hours of free gameplay time lol.

*Goes to download*

eDIt: Last Question: Does it track my previous gameplay statistics(B4 Elite) or does it start fresh?

well I was just in an odd situation. I had gotten my AC-130 killstreak but decided to not immediately call it in. I manage to build up my killstreaks once again to within 1 of another AC-130, but on that 1 kill I hesitated to kill the guy because I knew the game wouldn't let me have more than 1 AC-130 at a time and I got killed -_-

NYR

Okay, so what was in the new patch they put out this weekend???

EDIT: okay, found out from Twitter:
A title update is going live for #MW3 on Xbox 360 right now. Includes improvements to matchmaking & fix for video uploads on SD TVs.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
No one knows. Looks like fourzerotwo is taking the weekend off.

Although though some people have discovered that crouch-walking is now silent, and the Osprey requires three missiles to be taken down. There's just been no official word.

kuYuri

EDIT: okay, found out from Twitter:
A title update is going live for #MW3 on Xbox 360 right now. Includes improvements to matchmaking & fix for video uploads on SD TVs.

That's the last update before the one today.

Say what you will about Treyarch, but they did an absolutely fantastic job communicating with their users about the changes and shit going on with Black Ops constantly. David Vonderhaar was answering people's questions on Twitter nearly 24/7 for the first month.

On the other hand, Infinity Ward/Sledgehammer has done a piss poor job again of staying connected to their community. Robert Bowling didn't respond to anyone (or post anything at all for that matter) on Twitter from November 12 until yesterday.

Also, Treyarch's games don't have the amount of bullshit glitches that IW's do (MW2 Care Package/MW3 Stealth Bomber). Treyarch is also much quicker at fixing any map glitching issues.

Believe me, I used to be a big "I <3 IW, fuck Treyarch!" guy, but considering how both companies have treated their last round of games, I have more respect for Treyarch at this point. If Black Ops had stopping power on all the weapons, it's the best CoD game since CoD4.

well I was just in an odd situation. I had gotten my AC-130 killstreak but decided to not immediately call it in. I manage to build up my killstreaks once again to within 1 of another AC-130, but on that 1 kill I hesitated to kill the guy because I knew the game wouldn't let me have more than 1 AC-130 at a time and I got killed -_-

can tyou stack kilstreaks?

I don't think you can, there have been a few times I'd have gotten 2 predator missiles but have only been able to use one of them.

And there is obviously something weird going on with that. In all these Stealth Bomber glitch videos, you can see numbers next to the SB icon in the streak bar. So there's obviously design in there to allow you to have more than one streak in that slot. But for some reason...it doesn't work.

Enosh

Unlimited stealth bombers.
works on air strikes too, had a guy call in like 5 of them in a row -.-
And there is obviously something weird going on with that. In all these Stealth Bomber glitch videos, you can see numbers next to the SB icon in the streak bar. So there's obviously design in there to allow you to have more than one streak in that slot. But for some reason...it doesn't work.
em pc version hence the numbers?
quite sure you can only have one killstreak per slot
got a CP, died, didn't call it in since there wasn't a decent spot around me, once I got another CP I could only call in one

Man, light machine guns are completely shit. Not only does it feel like you're running in water, you'll also miss the side of a bus too. Plus is feel like it takes the same amount of hits as a sidearm.

The worst for me is the iron sights for all of them are so terrible that you need a RDS to not obscure so much of the screen.

SmokeMaxX

Also, the Dragunov is so terrible. :( Definitely the most annoying to use primary weapon.
Haha got another gun to play around with. Thanks.
Kill confirmed is the best thing to happen to COD since MW1.
You may not have played WaW, but War was AWESOME. I wish they brought it back.
can tyou stack kilstreaks?
It's finnicky. There are special conditions for it. Sometimes my killstreaks stack, sometimes they don't.

eek5

Haha got another gun to play around with. Thanks.

You may not have played WaW, but War was AWESOME. I wish they brought it back.

It's finnicky. There are special conditions for it. Sometimes my killstreaks stack, sometimes they don't.

War was really good. I don't understand how it doesn't exist anymore, but I guess the maps have to kind of be designed around it

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Went 30 - 6 in Domination. I usually get a high score on the team but I have a ton of deaths. Finally making the switch from Support Strike Package to the Normal Strike Package. Playing things a bit more safe without camping (camping in this CoD won't really get you anywhere)

Wow at the Stealth glitch.
KuGsj.gif

Treyarch is A team, confirmed. At least they fucking care.

And are we any wiser to what the updates entailed? I was referring to it more from a community perspective, really.

Of course not. IW is shitty when it comes to community relations. Treyarch had a nice little list on their forums of every patch and hotfix detail. IW has done fuck all to inform anyone of anything.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I'm annoyed that we don't know what today's update was all about, and that fourzerotwo has been largely absent from Twitter for long stretches of time, but I'm not ready to condemn IW just yet. The stealth bomber glitch seems to be pretty newly discovered and he already said yesterday that it'll be taken care of in a hotfix — that probably won't take more than a few days for them to roll out.

It would be nice if they were more visible after their games release. Treyarch just seems to care more and try harder to make people happy, or at least pretend to listen.

vilmer_

I've been rollin' mainly with two class setups - the PP and Type 95, both with rapid fire, and 1v1 it's not even funny how fast you mow someone down. I'm hearing good things about the MP7 but I find it hard to believe that it is better than either of these two. I also want to give the MK14 and AK a whirl.

I'm annoyed that we don't know what today's update was all about, and that fourzerotwo has been largely absent from Twitter for long stretches of time, but I'm not ready to condemn IW just yet. The stealth bomber glitch seems to be pretty newly discovered and he already said yesterday that it'll be taken care of in a hotfix — that probably won't take more than a few days for them to roll out.

It would be nice if they were more visible after their games release. Treyarch just seems to care more and try harder to make people happy, or at least pretend to listen.

Yep. And I'm not slagging off the fact MW3 has glitches as a slight against IW because, as most would well remember, both WaW and to a lesser extent BO had a number of game-breaking glitches around launch time.

I'm more irritated by IW's response to both the glitches and the community in general, but perhaps that's because I've been spoiled by Treyarch in the past.

Top Bottom