• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

aku:jiki

Remember when I said I couldn't get into premium Elite on the web, just the console.

Well, it turns out that this is a bug that applies to people who purchased the sub om the console. So I can't join clans.

Good fucking game Activision.
But I entered my premium code on the console and am in a clan on Elite?

Do we still not really know what gains clan XP, btw? My clan hasn't earned a single point since we injected our founder bonuses into it.

Chittagong

Gold Member
But I entered my premium code on the console and am in a clan on Elite?

Do we still not really know what gains clan XP, btw? My clan hasn't earned a single point since we injected our founder bonuses into it.

Code seems ok, but buying from Marketplace not, which is what I did

Radec

Just finished the campaign, it was awesome as any other mw campaigns out here. i highly recommend turning the volume up while playing. the sound will make the experience game more enjoyable.

Lighting up a cigar while seeing that "view" = Priceless.

It isn't something you can be proud of. Assassin/Dead Silence users are the worst people I've ever met.

lol.

Jrmint

Hey does anyone know if those animated Killstreak emblems from MW2 are in this game? I have had a ton of Advanced UAVs and I would love a little animated thing for my icon. It'd be too bad if they took those out.

Hey does anyone know if those animated Killstreak emblems from MW2 are in this game? I have had a ton of Advanced UAVs and I would love a little animated thing for my icon. It'd be too bad if they took those out.

The spinning emblem for 1000 AC-130 kills was nice too, doesn't look like there's anything animated this time.

Meadows

Banned
My shiz:

BtUz7.png

Not my perfect setups btw, just trying to complete weapon challenges

Chittagong

Gold Member
The new patch has really increased the amount of host migration failures and lag. I get now this bizarre 1FPS stutter where the game basically freezes for a half a second? This is 360.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I don't think I've seen this posted here yet. It's a spreadsheet of gun stats culled from a few different sources (since they're not easy to pull from the game this time around). It's a little bit more in-depth that that image from the strategy guide that's floating around:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmWEaU8N7NeddEprUWFkQi1ZWFU0eGItNGwzZG1oSXc#gid=0

The new patch has really increased the amount of host migration failures and lag. I get now this bizarre 1FPS stutter where the game basically freezes for a half a second? This is 360.
Everything is the same for me regarding matchmaking, host migrations (have still only had a few happen, and they all worked), etc. I did see that split-second framerate lag a few times last night, though.

Finished the single player campaign earlier this week, but have not put too much time in the multiplayer (I have trouble sticking with mp games, with a few rare exceptions). Just wanted to add my 2 cents and say I enjoyed the campaign a lot more than I thought I would (after not really enjoying MW2's campaign all that much). It's definitely a guilty pleasure and reminds me a lot of watching the ludicrous stuff that would happen in 24. Glad to see closure for the story arc, and it did have some nice payoff moments. I'm going to try and invest some more time with the mp, but considering all the other games coming out now, not sure if I'll really get around to it.

JB1981

Try to play some of the SP campaign today. It is so fucking boring.

What is up telling the story through load screens and voiceover? It keeps the game at such a distance. At least the "black ops" story told in Black Ops was mildly intriguing. This shit is just so boring. And the "insights" into war and human nature are so banal.

Nori Chan

Try to play some of the SP campaign today. It is so fucking boring.

What is up telling the story through load screens and voiceover? It keeps the game at such a distance. At least the "black ops" story told in Black Ops was mildly intriguing. This shit is just so boring. And the "insights" into war and human nature are so banal.

what is this i dont even

X-Frame

What are everyone's thoughts on the LMG's?

Are there any stand-outs? I've been using mostly AR/SMG's and want to change things up now. I have all the LMG's unlocked too.

Nori Chan

What? I agree with him. Black Ops was way better at telling a story, especially one that happens during gameplay. MW3 is terrible in that regard.

I enjoy every COD campaign, but honestly the reason you should play single player in MW3 is to find out what happens to Price and Soap....

OH GOD SOAP

Dabanton

Does Overkill work with Riot Shields?

It would be nice to run around the map with a MP7 and not get shot in the back.

Might try this tonight.

There is a curious lack of people using the riot shield. It's amazingly effective though had a match against a team and one guy had one on and he was a tricky bugger to dispatch.

JB1981

What? I agree with him. Black Ops was way better at telling a story, especially one that happens during gameplay. MW3 is terrible in that regard.

The story consists of high-level "players" talking while some kind of elaborate graphics sequence plays over the voices. It's the same shit that went on in MW2. I imagine it keeps development costs way down.

ArjanN

I enjoy every COD campaign, but honestly the reason you should play single player in MW3 is to find out what happens to Price and Soap....

OH GOD SOAP

Pretty much, MW3's campaign gets better after a couple of missions, when if gets back to focusing back on Price and Soap's story.

The story consists of high-level "players" talking while some kind of elaborate graphics sequence plays over the voices. It's the same shit that went on in MW2. I imagine it keeps development costs way down.

IMO it's actually pretty smart design because it helps mask the loadtimes. There are story elements in the levels as well though.

Anyone got some tips for Spec Ops chopper mission in Africa? Fuck that first bit on the chopper with the LMG.

Only need that and Flood the Market for my 48 stars.

Dabanton

As someone into motion graphics i love it and it does feel like a great misson briefing.

DRE Fei

Finally got around to finishing the campaign yesterday. It's basically what I expected, but at least it's somewhat fun and they give you a big payoff at the end. Veteran difficulty actually isn't too bad of a way to start in this one. It feels more like what hardened difficulty would be in mw2.

Jb

The on-rails part of Smack Town on veteran is a joke. I fail to believe it was ever QA tested.

Do it solo. I literally tried it 20+ times with a random and we didn't get past the chopper section. Tried it on my own and beat it first try.

rapid32.5

anyone noticed after the latest patch multiplayer visuals became more blurry on PS3 ? WTF are they doing with these patches ? lag is still there, graphics are getting worse.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Lag and stuttering is worse after the patch for me (360).
I'm experiencing it a little bit (just a few instances of it in the past hour or so), but the only other time it happened to me was last Sunday around the same time. There's a shitload of people online right now — that might have something to do with it.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Remember when I said I couldn't get into premium Elite on the web, just the console.

Well, it turns out that this is a bug that applies to people who purchased the sub om the console. So I can't join clans.

Good fucking game Activision.

You probably already tried this, but it worked for me, try another browser. Elite seems to hate Chrome, but works in Firefox 8.

vatstep

Okay, I think I spoke too soon, or I jinxed myself. My last three matches haven't even finished — got "server connection timed out" a few minutes in. Everything is sucky right now.

Xux

Also, is there any way of getting attachments on your second primary for Overkill? Is that what Overkill pro does?
Yup. It also let's you put camo on it.
What are everyone's thoughts on the LMG's?

Are there any stand-outs? I've been using mostly AR/SMG's and want to change things up now. I have all the LMG's unlocked too.
Probably the most nerfed category besides pistols but they're still good. The L86 and the MK46 have a good rate of fire and recoil and the MG36 and the PKP are alright, too. Kick and Grip together make them near lasers and Kick/Grip + Rapid Fire is pretty crazy, too. I always run Quickdraw with them and Stalker seems like it was made for LMGs.

aristotle

I am so damn sick of random players. They constantly grief me by following me all over the map because I'm a higher player. I guarantee at least half of my deaths are because of randoms sticking their heads out and getting me killed because they have no clue what they're doing. Not to mention the morons who stand in door ways or just plain won't move and I get shot at while trying to get out of the way. IW has to make a fix where you pass through team mates unencumbered. BO was never like this.

Top Bottom