• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

zlatko

Banned
So when does 1.05 go live? I'm curious to see if it will fix all the lag issues I was having, and not having a chance to get into games with more than a party total of 3 members.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
So when does 1.05 go live? I'm curious to see if it will fix all the lag issues I was having, and not having a chance to get into games with more than a party total of 3 members.
It was rolled out late last night. I feel like it's been playing pretty good lag-wise for me since (360).

hamchan

Max, when you watched that back did you notice the guys you walk right by at 1:41 and 5:47?

LOL, I had to pause the video to see those guys. The 5:47 guys is especially camouflaged. Can't believe he didn't get shot by that guy. Dumb camper can't even camp properly!

tsigo

So who's hosting this piece of shit game? It's hard to tell when no one ever has 4-bars. It was like this the entire match (shitty hosts never quit early).

tsigo

So stupid that they left the Tac Insert usable in FFA. No one uses that thing legitimately in FFA. "But we'll ban the guys who boost, guys, trust us!" Yeah, ok. Instead of removing the possibility altogether.

Angry Fork

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY DO THEY KEEP GRENADE LAUNCHERS IN THESE FUCKING GAMES.

God damn. All day today was noob tube central in hardcore s & d, and about 60% of my matches (not exaggerating I swear) had rocket launcher team killers. It's fucking insane. Why the fuck haven't they put in some system where if you kill someone within the first 5 seconds of a match, and you do it 2 rounds straight, you get booted permanently? No instead there's no fucking vote system and everyone gets away with it because IW doesn't give a shit.

I swear I wish I had a way to record this shit. I want to send a DVD of like 30 matches to IW I guarantee you at least half will feature team killers or that infinite quick shooting noob tube bullshit weapon. And I can't go to normal mode because they nerf the pistol way too much and the barrett takes 2 shots to kill engouegaenfg fuck these shortsighted developers. The maps are bad enough can't they at least get rid of the crutches and bullshit weapons nobody likes except scrubs.

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY DO THEY KEEP GRENADE LAUNCHERS IN THESE FUCKING GAMES.

God damn. All day today was noob tube central in hardcore s & d, and about 60% of my matches (not exaggerating I swear) had rocket launcher team killers. It's fucking insane. Why the fuck haven't they put in some system where if you kill someone within the first 5 seconds of a match, and you do it 2 rounds straight, you get booted permanently? No instead there's no fucking vote system and everyone gets away with it because IW doesn't give a shit.

I swear I wish I had a way to record this shit. I want to send a DVD of like 30 matches to IW I guarantee you at least half will feature team killers or that infinite quick shooting noob tube bullshit weapon. And I can't go to normal mode because they nerf the pistol way too much and the barrett takes 2 shots to kill engouegaenfg fuck these shortsighted developers. The maps are bad enough can't they at least get rid of the crutches and bullshit weapons nobody likes except scrubs.

You could also just avoid this problem entirely by not playing hardcore.

Angry Fork

You could also just avoid this problem entirely by not playing hardcore.

Having radar all the time + tons of shit flying down the sky etc. is weak. I don't like handicaps. Relying on instinct/reaction time + sounds around you is so much more fun.

Also,
And I can't go to normal mode because they nerf the pistol way too much and the barrett takes 2 shots to kill

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
How should they nerd it?

Requiring 2 bursts to kill? 4 bullets?
I don't really think it needs to be nerfed (and I say that as someone who doesn't use it), but the fact that it has the second-highest damage per bullet of any gun AND a fire rate greater than almost all SMGs makes it pretty lethal. I think one of those factors could be toned down and it'd still be a great gun, but I'd be surprised if they actually do that.

X-Frame

Is there a way to make the mk14 shoot in bursts?

And about the Type 95 nerf they should make it require at least 3 shots to the body to kill.

I think the MK14 is an underrated gun for its damage stats and accuracy. I can count the amount of times on 1 hand that I've been killed by one. I suppose a lot of people don't like single shot guns but this thing is truly a beast of you're accurate.

2 shots to the body, 1 to the head is a kill. I'd argue you could be more lethal with the MK14 than the Type 95.

I think the MK14 is an underrated gun for its damage stats and accuracy. I can count the amount of times on 1 hand that I've been killed by one. I suppose a lot of people don't like single shot guns but this thing is truly a beast of you're accurate.

2 shots to the body, 1 to the head is a kill. I'd argue you could be more lethal with the MK14 than the Type 95.

I asked about the burst fire part because someone I was playing against just now was shooting in bursts with it. Can you attach rapid fire to it and make it shoot in bursts?
The gun IS underrated but like you said no one likes single shot guns.

X-Frame

I asked about the burst fire part because someone I was playing against just now was shooting in bursts with it. Can you attach rapid fire to it and make it shoot in bursts?
The gun IS underrated but like you said no one likes single shot guns.

You can put rapid fire on it - and then I assume the gun just fires as fast as your finger taps the trigger so maybe he was just double-tapping the trigger button to make it seem like a burst?

I haven't tried rapid fire yet though but if there is rapid fire than I assume the standard firing rate limits how quickly you can tap the trigger, and rapid fire unlocks the limiter? I'll check tomorrow.

After playing blops mp till prestige 10 with a kdr of 1.2 I feel like I'm dying too frequently here. Now I'm using type 95 and things haven't improved much and I'm at lvl 55

Also the stats provided here are garbage compared to blops. Can't see my kd over time and for each weapon.

hamchan

After playing blops mp till prestige 10 with a kdr of 1.2 I feel like I'm dying too frequently here. Now I'm using type 95 and things haven't improved much and I'm at lvl 55

Also the stats provided here are garbage compared to blops. Can't see my kd over time and for each weapon.

You can see it for each weapon on Elite and there's a small KDR from previous matches thing on the career page. Way too small though lol.

you shouldn't be looking to any one weapon as a crutch to help you, it won't help you become a better player in the end. Instead, think about how or what's killing you the most or what situations you're finding yourself in that is getting you killed the most, and start there. Are you coming around corners and getting shot? You getting outdrawn in one on one situations? killed from behind? people catching you in the open, picking you off from cover?

I'll give you some nuanced tips if you need it rather than just general ones if you can elaborate a bit.

Meadows

Banned
I can never get the fucking reaper for fucks sake.

I've gotten four 10 streaks before (and I think Reaper is 9, 8 with Hardline) but I never had Reaper on.

I just need it to step up to the AC130 and then get a ridiculous 20+ streak. Problem is that I've mainly played TDM up until now and the score limit is quite low which means you don't really have the opportunity to get a big streak. Playing Sabotage at the moment which I'm enjoying (although it's bad for my KDR)

I've gotten four 10 streaks before (and I think Reaper is 9, 8 with Hardline) but I never had Reaper on.

I just need it to step up to the AC130 and then get a ridiculous 20+ streak. Problem is that I've mainly played TDM up until now and the score limit is quite low which means you don't really have the opportunity to get a big streak. Playing Sabotage at the moment which I'm enjoying (although it's bad for my KDR)

That may be you're problem, you're tensing up in anticipation of your killstreaks. I know its easier said than done, but try playing the game without your killstreaks in mind, like they're not even equipped, you might start doing better.Oh, and try groundwar or demolition if you want longer games than the standard tdm.

Problem solved(maybe?)....... swag

Meadows

Banned
That may be you're problem, you're tensing up in anticipation of your killstreaks. I know its easier said than done, but try playing the game without your killstreaks in mind, like they're not even equipped, you might start doing better.Oh, and try groundwar or demolition if you want longer games than the standard tdm.

Problem solved(maybe?)....... swag

good ideas....I feel like I have to say something about swag here.

Swag.

hamchan

Should be easy enough if you put predator missiles at 5 kills. That should kill at least 1 or 2 people, so if you could get a 5 killstreak for the predator it should be possible to get 3 more kills after that!

PatzCU

Whatever they released in that patch today has completely ruined my ability to play MW3 online. With a lot of persistence, I can rig it into putting me in a game; however, it isn't recording my stats properly. For example, I leveled my Scar up to 31 and got the gold camo. Then I get disconnected 2 games later and POOF, my Scar is now level 30 again and I have no gold camo.

Anyone else getting weird connection issues post-11/24/2011 patch? Very frustrating!

eek5

Should be easy enough if you put predator missiles at 5 kills. That should kill at least 1 or 2 people, so if you could get a 5 killstreak for the predator it should be possible to get 3 more kills after that!

Yeah I just go predator, attack chopper, reaper. If I get predator and manage to get 2 kills, I get the chopper.. launch it and hope it kills enough for the reaper :lol

vatstep

Protip: Use the strafe run so I can get 3-5 free points by shooting them down with my stinger. Thanks pals!

Is it that much of a problem? I understand reporting offensive content, or hacked systems...but reporting people for special characters seems like overkill. It's like you're trying to punish a bunch of kids for trying to stand out.

Agreed. I loved when people did it on the other team. made them that much easier to see.

People who use the "Use it yourself" excuse deserve a slap.

I said that yesterday but maybe need to add to it for clarity.

To the people who cry a lot about any specific item: USE the said overpowered item yourself even just for awhile. If youre still playing poorly, heres a hint: maybe youre just not that good at the game. Its ok!

DRE Fei

If today's patch was supposed to address lag, then I'm not noticing anything different. I'm getting the same inconsistencies as before. They need to add the local only search feature from black ops to this game. It's as if these 2 studios don't even communicate with each other or something. What a joke.

Meadows

Banned
Just went like 23 - 47 on Sabotage. Ugh, it gets really fucking rough when your team is shit and your opponents know how to milk the game for kills. Only one player on their team got a negative KDR, most of them getting like 63 - 20 or something. Feels bad mang. Also, type 95 suppressed whores aren't swag.

type 95 suck my dick bitch swag

aku:jiki

If today's patch was supposed to address lag, then I'm not noticing anything different. I'm getting the same inconsistencies as before. They need to add the local only search feature from black ops to this game. It's as if these 2 studios don't even communicate with each other or something. What a joke.
The game already does this. I spend every single night fighting the same damn 10 teams over and over and over. Those of us in smaller countries are desperately wishing for the opposite option!

strafing while shooting>>>>>>dropshotting.

The people who dropshot all the time would be better off learning how to shoot on the move instead trying to prone all the time
This is false. You don't dropshot when someone's like 60 feet away, where this applies. Also, you guys do know that there's a control scheme for it, right? They're not really "trying to drop," lag just makes it look like you're killing them before they do.

eek5

The game already does this. I spend every single night fighting the same damn 10 teams over and over and over. Those of us in smaller countries are desperately wishing for the opposite option!
Yeah the game does <50ms match and if it can't find it it will go to <100, etc. I guess hes asking to not go higher than 50 but you can always back out and rematch if it starts to search for something greater than 50ms

Top Bottom