• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

I went 43-6 on regular TDM using a silenced USAS the other day, here's the match.

I like the USAS even though it isn't that good, I just hope when I get damage and extended mags it becomes usable at least. Oh, and is it just me, or do you sprint longer while holding the USAS?

Range + Mags is better.

EDIT: NERF THAT FUCKING STRIKER. Anyone that thinks that wants all the shotguns to be buffed the striker level just sucks with shotguns. A shotgun shouldn't beat every other gun any range that isn't past its hitmarker range.

With mags and range it can get a OHK at any range you can get a hitmarker with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJWZ2f7Sb2E&feature=feedu

iW2pu69005asg.gif

Radec

-PLEASE...ANY INPUT WOULD BE APPRECIATED...IM WORKING WITH LIMITED GAME BUDGET AND NEED SOMETHING NEW

Spec Ops will net you tons of hours with a buddy.

MP will net you hundreds if you liked it.

It's amazing how many kills you can get running UAV/Care Package/IMS.

I wish the Sentry Gun was 6 kills so I could have both an IMS and Sentry Gun on the field all the time. It's a good thing I get it often though in the care package.

IMS is sometimes fucked up.

I planted it, detected an enemy, turret goes up, I shot the enemy dead, then it freaking exploded, killing me instead. lol

Still pretty useful on demolition though.

X-Frame

IMS is sometimes fucked up.

I planted it, detected an enemy, turret goes up, I shot the enemy dead, then it freaking exploded, killing me instead. lol

Still pretty useful on demolition though.

Happened to me a bunch of times yesterday. The IMS explosion can injury you just like your own airstrikes and whatnot. Many times I killed enemies around my IMS forgetting that it was there and then it killed me. Lol.

eek5

I'm pretty sure stalker pro delays IMS which is probably what you guys are seeing. It'll fire the thing into the air but won't explode until after a delay

Radec

I'm pretty sure stalker pro delays IMS which is probably what you guys are seeing. It'll fire the thing into the air but won't explode until after a delay

What I've experience was I've killed the guy before the IMS shoots(it beeps then shoot). If that happens and you're near the IMS, you'll get hurt or die.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Did they ever fix the issue on the 360 where you can't join your friend's lobbies by using the in game "Y" Friends list? Anytime I want to join a game I always have to do so through the mini-blades/guide. Or is this just me still having the problem? :|

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
For the last few days/week this game has become completely unplayable at about this time. Yet perfectly fine in the morning when you would think there is less people from my time zone on.

We pretty much cannot find a game and when we finally do the connection is terrible. Makes no sense.

So Robert Bowling said on his twitter that the planned penalty for the prestige token glitchers is a 2 day ban, stat reset, and tokens set to zero.

Andrew.

Banned
Spec Ops is a brilliant improvement over MW2's Spec Ops. Campaign is a bit worse than MW2. The story is pretty lacking and even on Veteran, the game is pretty easy. You can make your decision from that. (Personally, I'd go with a game like Skyrim, but that's just me.)

THANK YOU SO MUCH...THAT ENDED UP BEING MY DECISION AFTER CONSULTING SOME OF MY OTHER FELLOW GAFFERS...IM SAD TO HEAR THE CAMPAIGN IS LESS....I LOVED THE CAMPAIGN IN MW2

So Robert Bowling said on his twitter that the planned penalty for the prestige token glitchers is a 2 day ban, stat reset, and tokens set to zero.

Stats reset? Thank God. My KD was 1.7 so I'll be sitting at a nice 2.x if I get reset now that I've gotten my groove. Or will they just reset to pre-glitch? If so, meh...

Well what I wanna know is if they reset your stats and tokens, will you have 0 either way, or will it be the same as when you first bought MW3? As in, you start off with x tokens based on if you prestiged in previous games.

X-Frame

Hmmm on that Striker vid why didn't the guy use Steady Aim? He didn't ADS once...

I assume because he values sound whoring more than the tighter pellet spread -- though it sure looks like the difference of a Striker with and without Steady Aim isn't much.

Good to know though as I'd rather run Dead Silence.

I assume because he values sound whoring more than the tighter pellet spread -- though it sure looks like the difference of a Striker with and without Steady Aim isn't much.

Good to know though as I'd rather run Dead Silence.

Maybe its just me but it seems like I do better firing from the hip when I don't use steady aim.

I think I am starting to dislike Kill Confirmed. In theory it's supposed to discourage camping, but really it encourages camping and makes boosting easier because you can deliberately not get the tags just to extend the game and the tac insert boosting now gives 250 to the guy dying every time he respawns.

It would definitely be nice to see Sandy do a booster justice Kill Confirmed edition. (EDIT: eventually when he's not as burned out on CoD)

Maybe its just me but it seems like I do better firing from the hip when I don't use steady aim.

Bigger spread makes it so you don't have to compensate for the recoil as much. since you're more likely to still have the enemy in your hipfire reticle.

DRE Fei

I think there was some sort of update today. I got disconnected, then when I logged on again it had a different version number.

I think I am starting to dislike Kill Confirmed. In theory it's supposed to discourage camping, but really it encourages camping and makes boosting easier because you can deliberately not get the tags just to extend the game and the tac insert boosting now gives 250 to the guy dying every time he respawns.

It would definitely be nice to see Sandy do a booster justice Kill Confirmed edition.

Bigger spread makes it so you don't have to compensate for the recoil as much. since you're more likely to still have the enemy in your hipfire reticle.

he said he's burned out on CoD, so don't count on it. I figured Kill Confirmed would turn into a mess eventually, that's why I never really got into it .

Oh, and the USAS with mags and range is actually pretty good, the only shotgun that is effective without being overpowered imo.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!

It would definitely be nice to see Sandy do a booster justice Kill Confirmed edition.

This is why I loathe the CoD community. It's never about playing the game, it's about getting points, leveling up, and breaking the game. Not to mention everyone is a fucking wannabe YouTube Superstar.

Fuck.

kuYuri

So you equip Sitrep and hunt for their Tac Insert? Doesn't sound nearly as fun or rewarding as stopping a nuke booster to me.

redhot_

This is why I loathe the CoD community. It's never about playing the game, it's about getting points, leveling up, and breaking the game. Not to mention everyone is a fucking wannabe YouTube Superstar.

Fuck.

The worst thing about this generation of gamers.

How many videos do we need about how to use a weapon in a video game?

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Loving Recon Pro at the moment. Started it a couple of days ago based on something in this thread.

Really useful in SnD, just would be great if I wasn't the only one.

Not 10th yet but been think about whether or not I want to reset when I do reach it.
Does a reset reset titles/emblems?
Do you need a prestige point to do it? So if I don't save a point I can never reset?

aku:jiki

I just lost a MOAB because a kid apparently ran all around one of the noisiest rooms in the game (the barrell building in the middle of Outpost) without making a single sound or using dead silence, ending up behind me with a claymore. I mean, I should be ecstatic that I went 90-13 but because the game failed me at the most important moment, I just feel robbed and annoyed by it. This game is pretty fucking frustrating. :(

The worst thing about this generation of gamers.

How many videos do we need about how to use a weapon in a video game?
Come on, how is it a bad thing that kids are getting inspired to do something productive? It's not like we have to watch it.

aku:jiki

Man, really?

ಠ_ಠ
That's what I'm saying! I know I should be very happy with that match, but because the game is so laggy and glitchy, I don't think I ever really feel satisfied with any match. I know most encounters feel like a dice roll and not like me outskilling the other guy, at the very least.

I just lost a MOAB because a kid apparently ran all around one of the noisiest rooms in the game (the barrell building in the middle of Outpost) without making a single sound or using dead silence, ending up behind me with a claymore. I mean, I should be ecstatic that I went 90-13 but because the game failed me at the most important moment, I just feel robbed and annoyed by it. This game is pretty fucking frustrating. :(

Come on, how is it a bad thing that kids are getting inspired to do something productive? It's not like we have to watch it.

For every time it encourages 1 kid to impress people by getting a MOAB with an 1887 or MK46 you have 10 kids that are either boosting or using the same 6 weapons (Type 95, MSR, Striker, Dual Fmg, Dual Skorpion, silenced ACR) just because getting easy wins is more important than trying new setups.

That's what I'm saying! I know I should be very happy with that match, but because the game is so laggy and glitchy, I don't think I ever really feel satisfied with any match. I know most encounters feel like a dice roll and not like me outskilling the other guy, at the very least.

Fair point about the lag. For the first time the game has begun to lag like crazy for me. After the last update I think, but I could be imagining that. I haven't had one "clean" match in over a week.

Ryck

For every time it encourages 1 kid to impress people by getting a MOAB with an 1887 or MK46 you have 10 kids that are either boosting or using the same 6 weapons (Type 95, MSR, Striker, Dual Fmg, Dual Skorpion, silenced ACR) just because getting easy wins is more important than trying new setups.

Silenced ACR is a cheese gun now? Wtf

No G36C/PP90/MP7 on that list? :p

God damn, this host disadvantage is pissin me off. The patch didn't do jack shit to the lag compensation when you're the host. This week my k/d has been around 1.7 but whenever I'm the host I can rarely go above 1.0. I'm just quiting all those matches now if I'm the host... gotta think about my blood pressure.

Anyway, just discovered how useful the recon drone is. You can get some pretty damn good scores with it and it definitely helps your team winning those matches.. should have tried it much earlier, those recon tags are some easy points for ranking up.

I feel its safe to say that the PP90M1 with rapid fire and a silencer is my favorite gun in the game. Run Scavenger Pro, Hardline Pro, Steady Aim Pro.... you got a stew going!

I think the cod games just have too many weapons in them anyway. Why put shitty guns in the game when people just ignore them? Nobody is gonna use the pm9 or mp5 or any lmg.

MP5 needs less recoil

LMGs should be low damage (except M60) but have almost no sway and no recoil

PM9 is fine as the joke gun

Karl2177

The weapon balance is directly tied into map design. There aren't any good long range Sniper maps like Derail or Bloc. The only decent LMG map is Seatown, and that's only in specific locations on the map. All of the MW3 maps are corners. This really promotes being able to quickly use weapons around the corner. ARs and SMGs get used to hell, along with duals and overpowered shotguns. I'd love some good multi-purpose maps.

Top Bottom