• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

Stantron

For the past few weeks I haven't been able to get a non-laggy game to save my life. Soooo frustrating to play this way. fuckingthingsucks.gif

redhot_

Am I the only one who has fucked up matchmaking right now? I keep getting into games/hosts where I have yellow bars.

I found this past week in the afternoons its bad, but at night it seems better(im in Canada if it matters)

NERF THE FUCKING STRIKER EVEN WITHOUT EXTENDED MAGS OR RANGE OR DAMAGE THIS SHIT IS FUCKING STUPID

Lol Striker is the easy mode for shot guns, I run with the spas and it sure doesn't take long before the enemy team has a few players switching to strikers. I honestly just think less of those that spam that gun.

NERF THE FUCKING STRIKER EVEN WITHOUT EXTENDED MAGS OR RANGE OR DAMAGE THIS SHIT IS FUCKING STUPID

Yeah it's pretty easy to use not gonna lie, if I'm having a bad game I sometimes switch to it to get my K/D up a bit. But getting killed by it is really frustrating I won't even try to deny that.

On another note, just got gold for my KSG-12. No applause please :p

...it still sucks though haha

Danj

So I just picked this up via the Amazon $35 download offer. Is there a guide to what I need to know? Assume that I'm a complete noob.

b0d897bb.jpg

Christmas Noobs

really fun night there until the end when I couldn't take three fucking steps off my spawn without getting killed by dual FMG's or strikers

Fuck Dome.

really fun night there until the end when I couldn't take three fucking steps off my spawn without getting killed by dual FMG's or strikers

Fuck Dome.

I swear Dome is the most polarizing map since Rust. I either go like 25-2 on it or start 1-8 and end up rage-quitting. And don't even get me started on objective gametypes on that map. (aside from S&D of course)

legacyzero

Banned
COME TO ME, THY CHRISTMAS NOOBS! I SHALL LAY WASTE TO YEE AND THY BRETHREN IN A SINGLE SWIFT MOTION- A CHAOTIC EXPLOSION OF DESPERATION AND SHAME!

My K/D went up two points in just one night :)
I dunno.... I think the other Shotties need a buff to the Striker's level :/

I swear Dome is the most polarizing map since Rust. I either go like 25-2 on it or start 1-8 and end up rage-quitting. And don't even get me started on objective gametypes on that map. (aside from S&D of course)
Rust was terrible for the spawns, too many people, and no cover from air support, but the spawns in MW3 make Dome truly awful. It would be better if the spawns were actually ok.

didn't help that there were two people proned camping in the middle building with snipers watching the entrances, with tac inserts and dual FMG's for when people got too close. So ridiculous.

eek5

Rust was terrible for the spawns, too many people, and no cover from air support, but the spawns in MW3 make Dome truly awful. It would be better if the spawns were actually ok.

didn't help that there were two people proned camping in the middle building with snipers watching the entrances, with tac inserts and dual FMG's for when people got too close. So ridiculous.

You can flash/stun/frag through the windows on each side. Those walls are pretty thin as well.

X-Frame

Just 2 teammates with Recon Pro makes a world of difference to the team.

I wish more people ran it more. I have it on most of my classes and my go-to class is a silenced AR with Recon Pro and UAV/CUAV combo. Lights everyone up.

You can flash/stun/frag through the windows on each side. Those walls are pretty thin as well.
they were at points where you couldn't really flash them without showing yourself, I tried pretty much every angle. and if you did flash them, the other person would just come over and rape you with FMG's.

Jrmint

Just 2 teammates with Recon Pro makes a world of difference to the team.

I wish more people ran it more. I have it on most of my classes and my go-to class is a silenced AR with Recon Pro and UAV/CUAV combo. Lights everyone up.

I'd like to level that perk but I feel like I'd miss the fast reload and weapon swap way too much.

X-Frame

I can't believe there's no coding that prevents people from joining literally at the ending scoreboard. Happened way too many times tonight.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
So now that the game has been out for a while, and some more Gaffers may have just picked it up, I'd like to ask again: What do you guys think of this game?

So now that the game has been out for a while, and some more Gaffers may have just picked it up, I'd like to ask again: What do you guys think of this game?

It's the weakest of the MW series. Terrible map design plagues this game. It's still fun to play, but it doesn't hold up nearly as well as the previous MW iterations.

Karl2177

Better than MW2 in some regards, worse in others. Still doesn't live up to CoD4 in any way(aside from having Spec Ops). The perks are more balanced than MW2, but the maps are much worse. The spawning in this game is the worst in the entire CoD series. Certain things can use buffs/nerfs, but overall the weapons are much more balanced than MW2(mainly Launchers). Spec Ops has its glorious return and the sweet new addition of Survival makes it twice as good as the previous iteration. Where now Spec Ops improves, this time the campaign fails. The campaign is mindnumbingly easy and none of the encounters are memorable. The only ones I remember off the top of my head are the
AC-130 mission and the Juggernaut one.
Overall my MW rankings (from best to worst) are:
CoD4:MW > CoD:MW3 > CoD:MW2​

so if anyone wants to play I'm going to be on in a few minutes (10:15ish EST).

I just tested the accuracy of the XM25 and have decided that I'm going to run with XM25 as my secondary and try learning to quickscope with it so that I am running with a shotgun as my primary and a "sniper" as my secondary.

DRE Fei

NO. Shotguns should not be that good when maps are mostly comprised of rooms and blind corners.

With the exception of the striker, I don't think the shotguns are too good. I do agree that the maps/spawns are just too heavily geared towards close range combat most of the time. What's going to happen when even more people either hit 10th prestige or just stop wherever they are and have all their stuff maxed out? My guess is nothing but strikers (at least on the smaller maps) unless they patch it. It's too easy to use. At least you have to aim the spas12 and the KSG.

Single-player is better than MW2, far worse than COD4.

Multiplayer is worse than MW2 because of terrible maps and equally bad weapon balance, and it's once again far worse than COD4.

Overall, worst Modern Warfare yet.

This is a game that actively discourages aiming, draw downs, mid or long range combat, basically anything other than running around with dual-SMGs or Shotguns, and wildly firing LMGs across maps. This is a multiplayer game for people that don't want skill or thought to factor into success.

Terrible. Spec-Ops is brilliant though, but Survival is MILES behind Horde Mode 2.0.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zszpdSEPlPc&feature=related

LOL, I'm pretty sure the spawns in this game need to be fixed.

I soon as I saw the heading and saw that the match was played on mission, I knew some spawn trapping was involved, but holy shit I didn't expect that. Of course I expect teams to spawn trap if given the chance, but to act like it's a special feat is obnoxious, especially when you're just standing still and just aiming at one spot for most of the match.

aku:jiki

spawn trappers should get permanent banned
Now, now, spawn-trapping is an honorable tradition that needs to be used when playing Domination.

Kids who find the exact spot where they can park their ass without moving the spawns (like this one) on the other hand... Glad all his videos have more dislikes than likes.

Edit: Hahah, there's a video where he says that they're the ones who did that awful 500+ kill game video on Black Ops where they had people on the other team helping them and he's all "We weren't boosting! Yeah, our friends were on the other team and were helping out but we weren't boosting!" And he keeps saying "yeah, okay, so I camp, but the score is still impressive!" This kid is like the dumbest brat on youtube.

Andrew.

Banned
I need an honest answer. Im a mw2 fanatic....i mean love it...i play mainly offline for the fun...is mw3 as great when it comes to the story?...or is it a "ill wait for price drop" considering im not planning on playing online.

X-Frame

It's amazing how many kills you can get running UAV/Care Package/IMS.

I wish the Sentry Gun was 6 kills so I could have both an IMS and Sentry Gun on the field all the time. It's a good thing I get it often though in the care package.

It's amazing how many kills you can get running UAV/Care Package/IMS.

I wish the Sentry Gun was 6 kills so I could have both an IMS and Sentry Gun on the field all the time. It's a good thing I get it often though in the care package.

Ha I was thinking the exact same thing yesterday. I don't like running Care Packages anymore so I'd love to run UAV/IMS/Turret.

On a side note, IMS is probs my favourite new killstreak.

Andrew.

Banned
I need an honest answer. Im a mw2 fanatic....i mean love it...i play mainly offline for the fun...is mw3 as great when it comes to the story?...or is it a "ill wait for price drop" considering im not planning on playing online.

-PLEASE...ANY INPUT WOULD BE APPRECIATED...IM WORKING WITH LIMITED GAME BUDGET AND NEED SOMETHING NEW

Karl2177

-PLEASE...ANY INPUT WOULD BE APPRECIATED...IM WORKING WITH LIMITED GAME BUDGET AND NEED SOMETHING NEW

Spec Ops is a brilliant improvement over MW2's Spec Ops. Campaign is a bit worse than MW2. The story is pretty lacking and even on Veteran, the game is pretty easy. You can make your decision from that. (Personally, I'd go with a game like Skyrim, but that's just me.)

X-Frame

Ha I was thinking the exact same thing yesterday. I don't like running Care Packages anymore so I'd love to run UAV/IMS/Turret.

On a side note, IMS is probs my favourite new killstreak.

CP is decent now that it is only Assault killstreaks and no Ammo, but taking you out of the fight to call one is annoying.

I've gotten the Assault Drone a lot which is awesome. I get an easy 6-8 kills with it per life and enemies freak out when you follow them.

Top Bottom