• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Extra classes helps sooooo much! Having 7 classes means I can switch based on the map (Mission, Fallen, Seatown is Shotgun class, some are G36c) or situation (Stinger). Sometimes I need Dead Silence, other times Sitrep, or mode, trophy system, SMAW etc. All the classes keeps me in the positive. Weapon XP comes with time anyway.

I don't even use the 5 I have now.

Do tell. I'd love to use one to reset my stats right about now.

Reset does not and will not unlock until you max out the final prestige...

The gist of it is this:

You join a friends party.
While there you go to the Prestige Shop
Click on Unlock Gear
Perk 1
Blind Eye
Hover on "no" but do NOT click

Tell your friend to begin matchmaking

Once this happens your cursor focus should be on the main screen, no longer the prompt from earlier
Go to Prestige Shop
Unlock Double XP (Not Weapon XP)
Hit Yes
Then hit Yes again

You should now have -1 prestige token
Now you can buy everything you want.

I am currently at -150 tokens lol

Jrmint

Just discoverd the prestige token glitch. Lol. I have every class unlocked as well as each weapon, perk, and deathstreak. I also have a ton of double xp and double weapon xp. Amazing.

You're prob gonna get banned. They've said they're tracking people who have done this.

hamchan

They'll probably just reset everything instead of ban you.

I would have done it just once or twice, because then it could have just been an honest mistake.

Did retards code this game.

I mean.... no, I had it right, did RETARDS code this game?

I mean, are they aware that the bullets I'm shooting out of my gun into the enemy's face is supposed to deal damage right?

redhot_

Did retards code this game.

I mean.... no, I had it right, did RETARDS code this game?

I mean, are they aware that the bullets I'm shooting out of my gun into the enemy's face is supposed to deal damage right?

If IW got off their high horse and did a beta or something like that. Lag and all these issues would probably never of happened.

Ha, I was just gunned down by a dude at the end of a long hallway. We drew down the same time, I with an M4, him with two submachine guns akimbo.

He killed me before I got a shot-off.

Hey, remember when this franchise wasn't shit, and running around with two subs or a shotgun WASN'T the best strategy for racking up killstreaks?

Save us Respawn.

njean777

Ha, I was just gunned down by a dude at the end of a long hallway. We drew down the same time, I with an M4, him with two submachine guns akimbo.

Hey, remember when this franchise wasn't shit, and running around with two subs or a shotgun WASN'T the best strategy for racking up killstreaks?

Save us Respawn.

Probably dual FMG9's they are the only ones anybody runs around with. Just have to keep a distance from them.

Save us Respawn.

The people at Respawn now are the geniuses who gave us the bowl of shit that was MW2. Help won't be coming from them.

The people at Respawn now are the geniuses who gave us the bowl of shit that was MW2. Help won't be coming from them.

True.

Sadly, I can honestly say I enjoyed MW2 more than MW3.

Mostly because of map quality.

Probably dual FMG9's they are the only ones anybody runs around with. Just have to keep a distance from them.

As I said, he was at the other end of a hallway when he shot and killed me with his SMGs. Given the tight confines of the maps in MW3, I'm not sure I could keep him any further away than I did.

I wonder if anybody at Sledgehammer games has even HEARD of weapon balance? Or did they just think that designers have been giving shotguns incredibly short range and fairly large gap between shots just for the hell of it?

True.

Sadly, I can honestly say I enjoyed MW2 more than MW3.

Mostly because of map quality.

As I said, he was at the other end of a hallway when he shot and killed me with his SMGs. Given the tight confines of the maps in MW3, I'm not sure I could keep him any further away than I did.

I wonder if anybody at Sledgehammer games has even HEARD of weapon balance? Or did they just think that designers have been giving shotguns incredibly short range and fairly large gap between shots just for the hell of it?

With shotguns, I kinda get that they were afraid of them having too good of a range in these close quarters maps to some degree. Meanwhile, there is no excuse for how they balanced the LMGs in this game.

Fantasmo

With shotguns, I kinda get that they were afraid of them having too good of a range in these close quarters maps to some degree. Meanwhile, there is no excuse for how they balanced the LMGs in this game.
The spread is far too big to be useful and the multiple entryways make it way too dangerous to use one. They need to tighten them all up by 10 or 15% at full auto. You have to use kick on all of them or thermal on the L86. Ridiculous.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

Kind of hard to do when there are so few long sightlines on these shitty maps and the POS guns let people run around like the Flash. Not to mention they seem to have just stupid long range for a shitty little machine pistol.

njean777

Kind of hard to do when there are so few long sightlines on these shitty maps and the POS guns let people run around like the Flash. Not to mention they seem to have just stupid long range for a shitty little machine pistol.

Yeah they are OP, but I never really have a problem with dual FMG users anymore. I usually take them out before they ever even get a chance to shoot, but there are some cases were it can start to get annoying.

TBH if somebody really starts to piss me off with a sniper rifle or dual fmg's I jsut bring out the type 95 and run them over with it.

Anyone else that got the email about the 2 hours of double xp and the free prestige token not get the double xp and token? I just turned on my game, checked the barracks, and nada.

Nvm, Checked the barracks again and it was there. Weird.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKz77XH3OeI
"76 killstreak in 1 minute", all from one spawn.

Damn, just... damn. I knew the spawns in this game were terrible, but this exceed expectations.
I remember playing domination and Demolition with a full team of friends. Our only goal was to spawn trap the enemy and making the game as long as possible so that we could rack up kill streaks. Good times.

But that was just horrible, good lord.

X-Frame

As much as killing the Christmas newbs is easy, it's equally frustrating to have them on your team and not know WTF to do (which is obviously understandable).

zychi

Banned
Reset does not and will not unlock until you max out the final prestige...

The gist of it is this:

You join a friends party.
While there you go to the Prestige Shop
Click on Unlock Gear
Perk 1
Blind Eye
Hover on "no" but do NOT click

Tell your friend to begin matchmaking

Once this happens your cursor focus should be on the main screen, no longer the prompt from earlier
Go to Prestige Shop
Unlock Double XP (Not Weapon XP)
Hit Yes
Then hit Yes again

You should now have -1 prestige token
Now you can buy everything you want.

I am currently at -150 tokens lol

Youre guaranteed a console ban for this. The other sites i frequent have people whining about being banned for using this glitch, they do other things that can get them banned, but this is causing bans. Whoever is thinking of doing it, i tecommend you dont if you want your xbox to stay unbanned.

redhot_

Geez I just played for an hour, and i have NEVER left so many games in such a short period. Everyone is online right now with there piss poor connections split screening. Shits not even playable atm.

Youre guaranteed a console ban for this. The other sites i frequent have people whining about being banned for using this glitch, they do other things that can get them banned, but this is causing bans. Whoever is thinking of doing it, i tecommend you dont if you want your xbox to stay unbanned.

If my console actually got banned for this I'd be pretty choked. Not saying I don't expect repercussions but it's not exactly affecting other players. Boosting would seem worse than this in my opinion.
Also, apparently there's a way to reverse it, so that your tokens go to +1 instead of -x. If I figure it out I'll post it here.

Either way, Merry Christmas everyone!

Top Bottom