• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

But they are already messing with the matchmaking and I feel like it's making the game worse. When it first came out, we were only matched up with swedes and there'd only be 1-2 laggy players in a match. Nowadays, it's a mix of europeans and it feels like every match has 2-4 guys lagging around to the point of unplayability.

I agree that I'm doing better now than when the came out as well, but I think that's just us learning to cope with it rather than the game getting better. I play MW3 in a much calmer way than I play MW2, because MW3 simply can't handle running and gunning.

This is what's happening to me too. The first month was okay, but after the tweaking started the game got worse for me and now half the lobby will be 3 bars or less. It doesn't help that some players feel that throttling their connection will help them with lag compensation either. I found Black Ops to be pretty shitty in terms of lag its whole lifespan too.

rezuth

As a run and gunner I can't count how many times the same player I just killed has spawned at the end of the route, aware and waiting for me. They seriously need to fix that. Spawn them somewhere else.

This game is close to being good, but needs some serious tweaking.
Turn around.

Hanmik

I think I figured out the biggest problem with this game.

It's the matchmaking, it seems broken like half the time. If I had video-recording capabilities, it would be easier to show why I think it's the matchmaking that's the problem when compared to the past games.

Something tells me that if the matchmaking was addressed, it would fix alot of the lag/host advantage issues.

I´m playing on PS3.. had alot of issues with lag and people complained whenever I was host. Contacted my Internet provider and the made me a new line. It didn´t fix shit... my internet works like a charm 10/1 mbit connection with a ping around 50ms.

But then I decided to try something new. Everytime i search for a lobby, I stop as soon as it gets past <75 ms ping servers. I only join <50 or <75 servers now (you can see the ping and amount of games in the corner while it is searching for games). And now nobody complains when I´m host .. and I almost never expirience lag anymore. If the lobby begins to lag (if some new players with higher ping joins), then I just quit and find a new lobby.

I´m playing on PS3.. had alot of issues with lag and people complained whenever I was host. Contacted my Internet provider and the made me a new line. It didn´t fix shit... my internet works like a charm 10/1 mbit connection with a ping around 50ms.

But then I decided to try something new. Everytime i search for a lobby, I stop as soon as it gets past <75 ms ping servers. I only join <50 or <75 servers now (you can see the ping and amount of games in the corner while it is searching for games). And now nobody complains when I´m host .. and I almost never expirience lag anymore. If the lobby begins to lag (if some new players with higher ping joins), then I just quit and find a new lobby.

I wish more players would do this, the game would be better off for it.

kuYuri

That's actually one of the things that bothers me and what I would talk about with the matchmaking... the process of when it actually tries searching for games with <50ms ping, etc.

I think that part is not working correctly. On my end it will say stuff like found 5/50 games found, which in the past games was usually a good sign that it found a game of relatively low ping, but then it doesn't actually join the games, the number resets back to 0/50 games found and then it to goes <75ms ping, and the process repeats itself.

It's way too common for this process to take a long time and then what happens is that you end up joining a game that is potentially over 100 ping because it couldn't "find" <50ms ping games.

Sushen

Trophy System is awesome. It saves a couple kills each match when everyone is using Pradators and Stealth bombers. I stay in open area to taunt and most Predator missiles come to me, and he he, you've wasted your killstreak.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Trophy System is awesome. It saves a couple kills each match when everyone is using Pradators and Stealth bombers. I stay in open area to taunt and most Predator missiles come to me, and he he, you've wasted your killstreak.

How close do you have to be to the Trophy System for it to take something out for you?

Xamdou

Spawn system in this game still sucks, I've lost track at the amount of times I've been spawn killed. Would it be so hard to add at least 3-5 seconds of spawn invulnerability if they have no solution to the shitty spawning system in place?

Also I was playing yesterday and the game just dropped three times in a row. Matchmaking also took forever to find a game. Literally stopped playing the game right after that. If this year's COD doesn't have dedicated servers I personally won't buy it and will encourage friends not to buy it as well.

MrDaravon

KILLSTREAK GLITCHES with AC-130/Reaper
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsUhGifaBpc

I'm not sure if it was from someone calling in a Killstreak or just something random, but we had one match of Domination where all of a sudden for about the last 3-4 minutes of the game it was playing the guitar riff/sound effect when you level up. But everyone could hear it and it was looping non-stop and it was super loud. And just to be more annoying it wasn't actually looping the whole thing, it would get about 3/4 off the way through and then start over. Stopped immediately when the match ended.

Sushen

How close do you have to be to the Trophy System for it to take something out for you?

Just place it when you hear the predator missile sound, and sit next to it. You can enjoy watching up in the sky to see the missile disappear right in front your eyes and then pack it back up and move on with your business.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Only sound glitch I've run into is in Domination the announcer would just keep saying "Domination" over and over and over again. Was really annoying.

I've also experienced that Reaper airspace full before (although I got both in care packs, cause I suck). Similar to that one was my entire team was unable to deploy care packs or helicopters for the last half of a game once, I can only assume this was somehow related to a strafe run not going away properly.

That's actually one of the things that bothers me and what I would talk about with the matchmaking... the process of when it actually tries searching for games with <50ms ping, etc.

I think that part is not working correctly. On my end it will say stuff like found 5/50 games found, which in the past games was usually a good sign that it found a game of relatively low ping, but then it doesn't actually join the games, the number resets back to 0/50 games found and then it to goes <75ms ping, and the process repeats itself.

It's way too common for this process to take a long time and then what happens is that you end up joining a game that is potentially over 100 ping because it couldn't "find" <50ms ping games.

I get the same problem a lot. I think it has to with having an ingame party because that's when it seems to always happen. I figured it was the fact that everyone's from different areas and it wastes time testing to make sure it fits those ping requirements for everyone, but it still doesn't make sense why it happens for <125 ping, <150 ping, and "any available match".

Fantasmo

They really need to have the option to search for <50ms game 10 times before moving up in latency. Sometimes if I back out a couple times or try a different mode I get popped into fast games.

not our night tonight boys

xSNdn.jpg

aku:jiki

Some guy got a MOAB quickscoping in Drop Zone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XQyy7Jln67w

I'd love to hear everybody's opinion on this.
The guy has pretty damn good aim and can obviously handle himself, but the video feels suspicious. I don't think he's boosting, but I do think he's playing on a 56k modem and enjoying the spoils of massive lag compensation. How else is he avoiding people flying around corners at 2fps and instakilling him? Because he's the guy doing the teleporting and instakilling!

KILLSTREAK GLITCHES with AC-130/Reaper
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsUhGifaBpc
I've had the Reaper glitch and it's annoying as fuck! Another one I really don't like is when the killstreak selection "freezes up." As in you can't move the selector at all and the stubborn glitch won't go away for a full minute or more, or until you die.

Would be a non-issue if killstreaks would stack. Is really frustrating when you feel pressured to use your previous Pred because you're about to earn a new one...

eek5

Probably because I ran into a few clans whose strategy is to all use assassin, trophy system, and then camp. Bad night.

That's been matchmaking for me all night. 5 guys head glitching and crouch walking back and forth behind cover the entire game. So fun... not :/

aku:jiki

To be fair, his stats are very similar to zzirGrizz. No one out there is rocking 5KD's doing nothing but quickscoping.

LetsGoKiting said:
Probably because I ran into a few clans whose strategy is to all use assassin, trophy system, and then camp. Bad night.
If they also liked to sit in corners together - like one by the door and another in the opposite corner covering the first guy - I think I might've played with them too. God damn that was an annoying few games. Coop camping should be bannable!

Really? I almost always get 4+ red dots with UAV. I haven't noticed Assassin being half as popular as Ghost was in Black Ops.

but i still use it

Play some Search and Destroy and you'll see what he is talking about. Literally everyone in that mode is running assassin and/or silencers.

Did any of them popular youtubers make a video bout crouch walking?? Why became it so popular all of a sudden?? I swear every corner i take there some dude crouch walking!!
I always yell " WHYYYYY??!!!" seriously, how some people play this game.. HHHnnnggggggggg

test_account

XP-39C²
I've been playing some Sabotage recently and i can honestly say that this is something of the most frustrating mode i've ever played (from what i can remember at least). I can see that this mode is cool if you play tactical, but playing it with random people.. damn. It is simply pure luck. Either i get on a team that isnt very good or someone sits back on the map and camps, helping the team very little. Or i get on an equally good team and it becomes a tug-of-war for 15-20 minutes.

It is the only mode where i get frustrated enough to just quit before the round is over (i quit a few seconds before the bomb blows up, since i know we're going to lose anyway). I want to complete that Operation challenge, but this is frustrating :( It is really nice when i get on a good team though :)

My house was burgled while I was away on holidays and my ps3 and all my games were stolen, along with mw3. I'm curious if I rebuy mw3 on 360 will it load my ps3 stats and levels as both are linked to my elite account? Doubt it but would feel better bout buying it again if it was true.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Nope.

Although that would be pretty awesome to have my account across both. I could be 10th by now.

The guy has pretty damn good aim and can obviously handle himself, but the video feels suspicious. I don't think he's boosting, but I do think he's playing on a 56k modem and enjoying the spoils of massive lag compensation. How else is he avoiding people flying around corners at 2fps and instakilling him? Because he's the guy doing the teleporting and instakilling!

https://elite.callofduty.com/career/xbox/54d10030cc86b1b90286b6393b3cb67e#/playercardmw3

I'd say it was the perfect storm of terrible players, latency working well in his favor, abusing the qs game mechanic, and getting incredibly lucky.

I mean his stats aren't that impressive (except for the 1600 C4 kills lol)

hKpxF.png
Yeah, he had terrific aim, but it's hard not to notice how bad the opponents are and how many mistakes he gets away with. Granted there is a bit of luck in getting a MOAB most of the time, but he should've died EASILY a few times. Plus the times where he turned the corner and didn't even get shot at suggests he was on the good end of lag compensation. Still though, not too many MOABS with sniper rifles out there, and the shots he nailed weren't easy,so I'm still impressed.

WTF is CoD: Elite still such a broken piece of shit? I can't even log in right now due to a server error, and half the time when I do get it, various aspects don't load correctly. The game has been out almost 2 months now, they need to get their shit together.

Nori Chan

WTF is CoD: Elite still such a broken piece of shit? I can't even log in right now due to a server error, and half the time when I do get it, various aspects don't load correctly. The game has been out almost 2 months now, they need to get their shit together.

It's been perfect for me for s good while.

Top Bottom