• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

tsigo

lol. I love how shotguns went from being absolute shit @ launch, to being so damn buff that they are cheap and overused (Hi Striker), to now getting a nerf. Oh, IW, never change.

Striker was powerful at launch, every other shotgun was shit. Neither of those things has changed yet.

winnarps

They'll probably remove the Extended Mags glitch, boost damage for other shotguns to be more in line w/ Striker, and maybe (maybe) nerf Striker damage a bit.

And in the end, you'll have people running around with Range/Damage + Grip instead.

sleepykyo

He was on the other team the first few games and he was camping like crazy. You know the kind that don't move from their spot until you kill them. I killed him way more than he killed me but it still pissed me off on general principle. So when he was on my team and I found him in one of his spots I threw my Care Package marker at his feet and the package landed on his head killing him dead.

I forgot about that. Any luck throwing a bouncing betty on their spot from behind? After being on both ends of the flashbang a bouncing betty 3 kill, I really want to kill team players that set up bouncing betties and claymore when their team is trying to capture the point.

lol. I love how shotguns went from being absolute shit @ launch, to being so damn buff that they are cheap and overused (Hi Striker), to now getting a nerf. Oh, IW, never change.

I just block their site lines until they die. Or just follow them to their next camping spot. Usually get the message...good times.

Here's how the guns are:

Striker: Cheap, Even more so with mags and range/damage

USAS12, SPAS12, AA12: Need range/damage and mags to be good.

KSG: inferior to the spas-12 in every way besides ammo and 15 ranged damage per pellet instead of 5 (which doesn't matter because the SPAS-2 fires more pellets and has more range)

1887: decent, but still too inconsistent.

Radec

Another Type95 nerf huh..

I'm guessing by the time they are done nerfing it, it'll be just as useless as the M16.

Damn, I still need 500 more headshots for the last T95 callsign. :/

while we're discussing fixes, can we please get a flashbang nerf? they last way too long, and have way too much concussion grenade behavior

eek5

Spawns seem.. worse now. I spawned directly behind someone (but not the person that killed me) like 3 times in a TDM match of dome. Spawned in people's line of sight like twice on a couple other maps. :/

Also got the final kill cam where it showed me dying, then spawning with someone in my cross hairs on Mission. Awesome :lol

Spawns seem.. worse now. I spawned directly behind someone (but not the person that killed me) like 3 times in a TDM match of dome. Spawned in people's line of sight like twice on a couple other maps. :/

Also got the final kill cam where it showed me dying, then spawning with someone in my cross hairs on Mission. Awesome :lol

Yeah, I had similar issues when I was playing last night as well. I was playing TDM on Lockdown and the game spawned two enemies directly behind me. Luckily, I whipped around and headshootied one of them (I was sniping at the time), but the other got me. Lame.

hamchan

Huh. TDM used to be the one mode where spawns weren't screwed, for me anyways. If they ended up breaking it then that would be hilarious and sad.

Radec

has anyone run into these carepack glitchers..?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QBhULeheX0&feature=player_embedded

how do they find these kinds of glitches..?

1. Make a class with the killstreak you want to duplicate.
2. Make another class with the killstreaks uav, care package & IMS.
3. Choose the 1st class and get your killstreak.
4. Change to the 2nd class and get killed.
5. Get one kill away from the uav
6. Double tap "Y" (Triangle) and quickly kill someone, place the killstreak.
7. Do the same for the care package & IMS.
8. Repeat steps 5 through 7.

HMmn... what if you don't kill someone immediately after double pressing "Y/Triangle" ?

PSYGN

I actually ran into this glitch myself one time and on Seatown as well.

I was pissed off because I was trying to place down an IMS and he threw a care package. I thought that I accidentally selected the care package slot but I looked down at my pointstreak stack and sure enough there were two care package point streaks.

sleepykyo

while we're discussing fixes, can we please get a flashbang nerf? they last way too long, and have way too much concussion grenade behavior

I wouldn't mind if the concussion effect is removed, but I want the blindness to stay as is. This game favors camping enough without the ability to blind campers.

Untracked

I'm very happy with the spawn tweaks.
I played for 5 hours after a month away from it and only had one bad spawn, which was spawning on top of a grenade and dying instantly on Dome (TDM).

It seems like a huge improvement to me.

that reminds me, they need to change it so that flash grenades and stun grenades both do 2 damage so that they always kill someone in final stand.

and are people sure that flash grenades concuss? I've found that whenever I am flashed I am still able to attempt to blindly go for cover. Maybe it' just the fact that when a concussion grenade hits you it has a little bit of a flash effect.

NYR

1. Make a class with the killstreak you want to duplicate.
2. Make another class with the killstreaks uav, care package & IMS.
3. Choose the 1st class and get your killstreak.
4. Change to the 2nd class and get killed.
5. Get one kill away from the uav
6. Double tap "Y" (Triangle) and quickly kill someone, place the killstreak.
7. Do the same for the care package & IMS.
8. Repeat steps 5 through 7.

HMmn... what if you don't kill someone immediately after double pressing "Y/Triangle" ?

Who figures this shit out, Jesus Christ..?

I just came across someone who has a 0.09 k/d in tdm, that shouldn't be possible.

Hey, that's a better k/d ratio than El Presador had in this one game.

Seriously though, one of my friends has a .63 k/d ratio, and he plays a good amount of MW3. I don't really understand it though. If you sucked at the game, would you really find it fun enough to keep playing? I'm not saying you need to be rocking a 4 or 5 k/d ratio, but I gotta think I'd be pretty disappointed with myself if I played a lot and couldn't get to a 1 k/d ratio.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
How did Lockdown's spawns make it to the real game? Did that map ever get tested? Never have I played such a map with so fucking shitty spawns. How is it possible to ALWAYS spawn me literally feet away from enemies? I end up so pissed off after playing that map.

SPAWN DIE SPAWN DIE SPAWN DIE

That map makes me feel like El Presador, I'm just going to end up leaving the game if that map comes out.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
I'm certainly not feeling any improvement to the spawns today.

Pretty frustrating at times (and awesome at others..).

redhot_

Played a few hours to see what the fuss was about, its hard to see a difference. I got "Killcamceptioned" a couple of times. lol

Hey, that's a better k/d ratio than El Presador had in this one game.

Seriously though, one of my friends has a .63 k/d ratio, and he plays a good amount of MW3. I don't really understand it though. If you sucked at the game, would you really find it fun enough to keep playing? I'm not saying you need to be rocking a 4 or 5 k/d ratio, but I gotta think I'd be pretty disappointed with myself if I played a lot and couldn't get to a 1 k/d ratio.

first if everybody having above 1kd is not possible. Many many people do not play for kd or stats. It is one of the wrong things i find with this games. you play for fun not stats all the time. There are matches when i just run around from point a to b or some time just jump randomly and have fun we all laugh like crazy. Obsession with stats ruins the game. I do not even watch my stats most of the time.

eek5

Ok, the spawns are still broken - at least at Village. We had B and the enemy A and C and I still respawn in the caves...

From what I could tell, the "revenge spawns" only occurred in TDM-like modes so none of the spawns in DOM were affected by the hot fix. Revenge spawns are very rare now but killcamception seems to be a lot more common as a result. I'll take back the old spawn system any day.

I just came across someone who has a 0.09 k/d in tdm, that shouldn't be possible.

Ran into someone last night with a 0.18 k/d in TDM. Dude was hilarious though and we won despite him going 5-17 so I don't even care. He was saying stuff like "watch out there is a hottie with a shottie coming this way!" and "I need to step up my game man" lmao

first if everybody having above 1kd is not possible. Many many people do not play for kd or stats. It is one of the wrong things i find with this games. you play for fun not stats all the time. There are matches when i just run around from point a to b or some time just jump randomly and have fun we all laugh like crazy. Obsession with stats ruins the game. I do not even watch my stats most of the time.

It's just an average too. I've played against guys with .6-.8 k/d's and they blow up against my team now and then. I think COD does a decent job at making the game fun for shit-tier players. The support killstreaks make them feel like they're included in the action at least. It's only the dudes who have high k/d's that rage/ragequit/etc. so there is obviously something appealing for the other people. Granted, I do run into some lobbies where I'll win 75-20 or worse and everyone will back out but sometimes they stay and probably have fun when the teams get mixed up and they're on the winning end of it. I can't really say.

How did Lockdown's spawns make it to the real game? Did that map ever get tested? Never have I played such a map with so fucking shitty spawns. How is it possible to ALWAYS spawn me literally feet away from enemies? I end up so pissed off after playing that map.

I don't have a huge problem with lockdown spawns. I hate Arkaden in TDM though. If someone is holding the mall, it will keep spawning you around round building/A flag area instead of utilizing the multiple entry points for the mall. Gets dumb really fast.

But isn't it fun to win or be good? I guess if you aren't very competitive by nature, it may not matter. I'm not a great gamer, but I don't like to be below average. If I'm at least at a 1 k/d ratio, I feel like I don't suck.

There's also something to be said for just feeling like you're improving. I've got another friend who never played games online until I convinced him to try MW2 multiplayer. He got hooked hardcore. Initially, though, he sucked. But as he played more and more, he eventually brought his k/d ratio up to over 1. He felt like he accomplished something because it showed his skill had increased.

Sushen

It's fun to play even not having high k/d. However, what's puzzling is that after spending that much time and still sucking at it. Never learn? MW3 is pretty tough to have high k/d, but once you get a hang of it 1.x k/d isn't impossible.

Having said that, I stopped playing after getting gold camo on two guns I care. Probably, I wasted my money on elite as I'd rather play Skyrim.

Montresor

Is there a scandal that I missed regarding Smacktown's level design? Should there be a scandal?

This is level is stupid. I can't get through the fucking beginning.

Top Bottom