• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

Probably just shitty latency. Even horrible players can look like Superman if they are 5 or 6 steps ahead of you for an entire game.

Nothing like getting killed with one shot from long range the very second a guy comes around the corner. Then you see on the kill cam that the guy had been around the corner for several seconds spraying and praying like a motherfucker and managed to kill you with the last bullet in his clip.

Yep-this is what's happening to me. Sucks so bad...

Recently have been playing Mw3 on my Ps3 and put Mw2 on my 360. And it looks SO much more colorful and the guns sounds are better too in my opinion. Now...I thought at first man Mw3 really isn't as good as 2. But is it the game or the fact it's on a Ps3 over 360?

First instinct is it's the game..

Second...I have Call of Duty games for both consoles..is there a way to use Elite to have my ranks from xbox versions show on Ps3? Like if I link my accounts? For some reason my xbox account always says "registered on another elite service" but it's not...

kuYuri

Recently have been playing Mw3 on my Ps3 and put Mw2 on my 360. And it looks SO much more colorful and the guns sounds are better too in my opinion. Now...I thought at first man Mw3 really isn't as good as 2. But is it the game or the fact it's on a Ps3 over 360?

First instinct is it's the game..

Second...I have Call of Duty games for both consoles..is there a way to use Elite to have my ranks from xbox versions show on Ps3? Like if I link my accounts? For some reason my xbox account always says "registered on another elite service" but it's not...

1. Some of the guns in MW3 sound different from their MW2 counterpart, so that's not really the right comparison to make. You have to compare MW3 360 vs MW3 PS3 or MW2 360 vs MW2 PS3. I've played MW2 on both consoles and I didn't really notice a difference in gun sounds. In general, CoD games look and run better on 360 compared to PS3.

2. Not quite sure what the problem you're describing is, but maybe these might help?

http://support.activision.com/artic...stats&l=en_US&c=Platform:Elite&fs=Search&pn=1

http://support.activision.com/artic...other&l=en_US&c=Platform:Elite&fs=Search&pn=1

If not, you may continue to search for the answer for your problem. Otherwise, you will have to contact Activision support.

Infinity Ward Official Facebook Page said:
We just put in some requests to our MP design team which could lead to some of your most desired updates to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3!

Here is what we suggested:

Community Playlist Updates:
-Desert eagles in One in the chamber and All or nothing
-Change infected weapons
-AoN & OIC separated from gun game
-Add community playlist leaderboards (aon, infected, dropzone)

Weapons Complaints:
-Guns like the M16, Model 1887, PM9, and the MP5 need more love.
-Riot Shield:
--Does not have master and veteran challenges to carry over prestiges
--The hit deflection for the shield, especially on the back.

Other:
-Final Stand give the player putting the player in final stand the full kill? (if a teammate finished the second chance player off).
-Remake shipment/rust for Face Off

Interesting stuff that can potentially be in the next title update!

Oh man, I think I'm finally done this game... I've always had lots of terrible connections (especially when I've been the host) but lately the lag has gotten even worse. Earlier this year my monthly k/d was usually around 2.2-2.3 but ever since the first DLC collection dropped my connections have been absolutely terrible and I'm struggling to to hit 1.5 k/d. This is just so damn frustrating to play when you get insta-killed the nanosecond you see an enemy or you start getting hit markers only after you have put +10 bullets into an enemy. I just don't understand how the fuck the lag keeps getting worse and worse with each new MW release...

1. Some of the guns in MW3 sound different from their MW2 counterpart, so that's not really the right comparison to make. You have to compare MW3 360 vs MW3 PS3 or MW2 360 vs MW2 PS3. I've played MW2 on both consoles and I didn't really notice a difference in gun sounds. In general, CoD games look and run better on 360 compared to PS3.

2. Not quite sure what the problem you're describing is, but maybe these might help?

http://support.activision.com/artic...stats&l=en_US&c=Platform:Elite&fs=Search&pn=1

http://support.activision.com/artic...other&l=en_US&c=Platform:Elite&fs=Search&pn=1

If not, you may continue to search for the answer for your problem. Otherwise, you will have to contact Activision support.

I might try making a new one to see what happens..but what I was trying to get to was I played Cod4 to 10th prestige on Ps3 and bought Mw3 for Ps3. BUT, I played Waw, MW2, and black ops all on 360. And in Mw3 those icons show what rank you got to under your name? Was wondering if Elite could some how put my 360 ranks from others games on my PSN Mw3 tag.

EYEL1NER

I hope they don't raise the clan level cap for Black Ops 2. The grind for 50 is takin forever.
My clan had only just hit 46 and it will be summer's end before we've gotten enough ops to hit 50.

Kay so my clan tag was "gay" when I got on and Clan Title won't work. I'd suggest you all check yours.

Edit: Fixed. Also, so weird. You can hear ghost voices by graves in the sanctuary graveyard of the family killed in London in the campaign.

Keikaku

I've been playing an hour or so for the past few days and today I decided to turn sign in as 'Online' on Steam and, lo and behold, I ran into fellow GAFfer Shadowlink in a random game. we had a fun couple of games where we absolutely dominated the competition. We were always the top 2 and we were pretty even.

Fun times :)

Nabs

Yo, adding Shadowlink and Zero to our team wasn't fair at all. I don't even blame the others for calling us hackers :(

kuYuri

Double weapon XP is so good. Already got USAS Range, Damage, and E-Mags. Just got Range for AA-12, now working on unlocking E-Mags for it.

Doing well overall with shotguns, just try to join the lower skill lobbies to get some easy kills. And flank.

Found this randomly and thought of Cod. These people need to die. When I get these people in my match, my sole mission is to try and destroy them.
friday_gifdump_35_25.gif

Morn

Banned
I'm on PS3 and keep getting that the DLC Black Box is missing or damaged. I've tried redownloading it, reinstalling it, but no luck. I'm an Elite Premium Founder.

test_account

XP-39C²
Are there any words on when prestige level 16 - 20 is coming to PS3? I heard June, but when? It is already out on Xbox 360 since mid May if i'm not mistaken.

This is one of the silliest exclusive things i've seen by the way. I fully understand map packs and stuff like that, but prestige levels? And even a month exclusive on this as well? Seriously? Come on.. :/

I'm on PS3 and keep getting that the DLC Black Box is missing or damaged. I've tried redownloading it, reinstalling it, but no luck. I'm an Elite Premium Founder.
Did you download the correct package? If i remember correctly, you can choose several of packages, but you need to download the one that has the same serial/code that your game disc have.

EYEL1NER

Hopefully they are full-on big maps for all game types. I'll be disappointed if the FaceOff maps cut into the regular map count when everything is said and done.
Then again I have already been disappointed in the "have a map here, we'll give you a map there" trickle we get now.

Xux

Damn, they buffed the Dragunov good. Probably still not as good as the RSASS or the Mk14 but still fun as hell to use. Can't wait to get Speed on it.

Xux

The patch notes say it's recoil was reduced, is that really enough to buff it?
Yeah, they made it more of an RSASS clone than a middle of the line type of sniper it was in COD4; it's pretty much an RSASS with half the magazine size and faster movement speed. The recoil before was really inconsistent in every direction but now it's down to just being existent but manage vertical recoil.

What makes you think that?

1) The loading screen for the map was leaked a few weeks ago. The cop car is MW3 version.
The map was recently added to the game code and discovered then too. That's what first made me think it was coming out Tuesday.

Terminal-Loading-Screen-MW3.jpg

2) Now theres a video released today showing Terminal and the two other DLC maps that are supposed to release on Tuesday that were accidentally leaked on PS3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tpInsKCSBDk#!

3) And finally Sledgehammer/Infinity Ward said Classic Maps will be not paid for, and the content calendar shows 22 drops now and they've claimed there will be 24 drops, yet when everybody bought the service they paid for 20 drops, so it's like they're getting 4 free drops and the drops will just become free to the public for non elite members and they're all going to be classic maps. At least thats how i'm envisioning it. Maybe not all classic maps, but who knows.

PSYGN

With all the crummy maps that came packed with MW3, I'm looking forward to classic maps if they are indeed free.

So Im very LTTP and Im only playing the campaign on MW3 now.

I cant remember much of MW2 so can someone explain to me why the Russians are letting off those gas attacks in Europe so they can then invade Europe? (im upto that part) I know the Russian president was against war so is it that Markov guy who is commanding them to do so?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
So Im very LTTP and Im only playing the campaign on MW3 now.

I cant remember much of MW2 so can someone explain to me why the Russians are letting off those gas attacks in Europe so they can then invade Europe? (im upto that part) I know the Russian president was against war so is it that Markov guy who is commanding them to do so?

Makarov is manipulating the president by using his daughter as leverage.

hamchan

I wouldn't worry too much about the story. I mean, presumably this Russian president is the same one that ordered the attack on the US in the first place. Now he's suddenly like "oh peace guys". What a crazy fellow.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Terminal for free would be awesome. It was definitely one of my top 5 maps from MW2.

I also had my best showing yet in a Vengeful Beast operation last night. 350 kills and 136th place. I just fell short of first by 700 kills.

Mark Rubin Twitter said:
So the Elite Content Cal isn't updated yet but I'm going to go ahead an tell you what drops tomorrow. Also those guys need to update the categories to be more accurate. Will get on them about that. The June drop is a Spec Ops mission called Arctic Recon. And 3 new Faceoff maps Vortex, U-Turn, and Intersection. As soon as Activision releases Some screens and/or vids I'll link them here.

This is really disappointing... Just Faceoff :/ Spec Ops Mission will be interesting, but i'll just play it like twice for achievements, but no new multiplayer maps in my mind because I don't do faceoff.

Mark Rubin Twitter said:
I’ll be posting a link to the patch notes today as soon as they are updated. Also, I know a lot of people have been loving the Faceoff maps and so glad to bring those to you guys. Also I know some people haven’t really gotten into them and would prefer regular MP maps. We didn’t have any maps done in time for this drop, but we do have some coming soon. Also that will probably be the last of the Faceoff maps that we make so hope everyone who has been loving them as much as I have enjoy the new ones coming tomorrow.

Screenshot2012-06-18at11222PM.png

Screenshot2012-06-18at11648PM.png

Top Bottom