• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

Really liking foundation and sanctuary. The last 4 maps have been really good, sucks that my friends aren't buying them:(

Sanctuary is beautiful though, so much to that map and little hidden passageways are cool. Definitely one of the best designed cod maps imo.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Sanctuary sure does seem to have a ton of neck high walls where you can only see the other person's head.

It also seems like it could be a campers paradise. That isn't really a complaint cuz I'm not above camping but yeah lots of needless little nooks and crannies to hide in.

The long sight lines kick ass though. There are a few spots me and a friend will be able to hold down quite nicely.

Sanctuary sure does seem to have a ton of neck high walls where you can only see the other person's head.

It also seems like it could be a campers paradise. That isn't really a complaint cuz I'm not above camping but yeah lots of needless little nooks and crannies to hide in.

The long sight lines kick ass though. There are a few spots me and a friend will be able to hold down quite nicely.
I didn't even think about the camping, I got lucky the one time I played on the map everyone seemed to be playing more objectively.

Double bubble.

d85bdccc780e3a054fd62e02eba53678f0a6d0d8.PNG

Fantasmo

Ill never understand why they don't fix this. Gun head is bs. Especially since guns are so strong in this one that you have no chance of getting away or returning fire in this one. Oh and players actually look camo'd. You get like 1ms to see them and start firing or you're down

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
What a waste double xp is if it's only in the shitty Elite playlists. There's just not enough people playing in there to find a decent connection.

nbraun80

I don't know, i'm not too thrilled about 'faceoff' and these new maps for it. It's a bit disappointing seeing 4 maps on the content calender, thinking we might get some decent sized maps and instead we get 4 mini maps. Not to mention they all look just as big as Dome so I don't see why they don't throw those into regular TDM as well.

I don't know, i'm not too thrilled about 'faceoff' and these new maps for it. It's a bit disappointing seeing 4 maps on the content calender, thinking we might get some decent sized maps and instead we get 4 mini maps. Not to mention they all look just as big as Dome so I don't see why they don't throw those into regular TDM as well.

If enough people moan about them not being in TDM etc, I'm sure they will put them in the rotations. I heard one line from the recent video to suggest that they would be used for TDM so I think it's thrown some people confused (myself included)

nbraun80

If enough people moan about them not being in TDM etc, I'm sure they will put them in the rotations. I heard one line from the recent video to suggest that they would be used for TDM so I think it's thrown some people confused (myself included)

To me that part in the video sounded like they were saying that faceoff won't be a completely new playlist because you'll be doing TDM and kill confirmed just 1v1 and 2v2, but who knows. Something along the lines of 4 teams of two would be more fun the just 2v2.

Touch

I haven't been playing cod very much lately but this new Face Off playlist sounds pretty fun. I'm a huge fan of 3v3 team tac in cod4 and this seems to be something similar with the 2v2 version of face off.

aristotle

Terrordactyl aka danarchy99 has taken over leadership of the PS3 clan.

Sorry I've been absent lately but real life had thrown a wrench into my works lately. He's a really great guy and fun to play with. He also knows his stuff ;)

If you have any requests, just let him know about it.

legacyzero

Banned
So I take it that the PC version isn't ever getting MOD TOOLS?

That would be the only thing that sold me on that platform. But I guess since it's been this long that we wont be getting them.

Shame, because the mods for COD4/WAW/BLOPS are amazing.

test_account

XP-39C²
I just watched an Infected match on Youtube that was recorded at the end of February. A guy found a spot that it was impossible to get to and got 90+ kills.

This made me wonder, didnt the infected guys have a throwing knife when the Infected mode first came out? And the guy who got all the kills had both a sniper rifle and a shotgun, did they change this as well? Now i've only seen one primary weapon and pistols as second.

kuYuri

I just watched an Infected match on Youtube that was recorded at the end of February. A guy found a spot that it was impossible to get to and got 90+ kills.

This made me wonder, didnt the infected guys have a throwing knife when the Infected mode first came out? And the guy who got all the kills had both a sniper rifle and a shotgun, did they change this as well? Now i've only seen one primary weapon and pistols as second.

I've played a bunch of different variations of Infected in matchmaking recently and the infected always spawned with a Throwing Knife.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
So do they have to patch the game for Infected to use the DLC maps or something?

I haven't seen the latest levels appear in rotation with the older DLC maps, and with a new map coming out it seems to take them ages to get it sorted.
Also this new Face Off mode sounds nice I guess, but are these new maps just for that mode? seems like such a waste of time for just one mode, and for me a lot of this DLC is becoming useless as what time I do play with friends goes towards Ground War or Infected.

eek5

There was a span of 2-3 days where there were modes where infected didn't have throwing knives and spots where you could get to and not die. It was basically MOABs over and over before they changed it.

Nizz

Having only gotten the game in February, I can't imagine just how much of a beast the Stryker was before it was buffed. Holy hell you can rack up the kills with this thing even now.

Slowly inching myself to a positive K/D, sitting at .92 right now. Sad I know compared to others here. I just like setting a personal goal of at least a 1.0 average and above for myself. It's been a fight though, coming into COD games months after they've been out can be brutal.

So...

How is the community to this game on the 360? I have it on the PS3, but all my friends has the 360 version, so i'm trying to buy it. How many player on the weekends? Conection problems?

Please help me, gaf.

test_account

XP-39C²
I've played a bunch of different variations of Infected in matchmaking recently and the infected always spawned with a Throwing Knife.
Yeah, now you always have throwing knife, but i wonder if was different in the very begining :)

There was a span of 2-3 days where there were modes where infected didn't have throwing knives and spots where you could get to and not die. It was basically MOABs over and over before they changed it.
That is what i imagined, thanks :) Good that they changed this, because as you say, there were points on the map where it was pretty much impossible for the infected to reach without getting killed.

Nori Chan

Maps come out today.

so manythings to download :)

And I just read on Elite that double xp has been extended on the Elite playlist until the 22nd :D

So...

How is the community to this game on the 360? I have it on the PS3, but all my friends has the 360 version, so i'm trying to buy it. How many player on the weekends? Conection problems?

Please help me, gaf.

community is healthy on the xbox the new title update patches matchmaking so it handles searching in partys like MW2 and blops its based off your party leaders location now. So hopefully this will fix some of the lag/sync issues.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
community is healthy on the xbox the new title update patches matchmaking so it handles searching in partys like MW2 and blops its based off your party leaders location now. So hopefully this will fix some of the lag/sync issues.

It didn't help. The connections this last weekend were the worst I've experienced since November or December.

Or maybe I just suck. I still haven't figured out how defend myself against bullets coming from ghosts. I mean how do you stop someone who has killed you long before they even come around the corner into view?

kuYuri

Oasis looks amazing. No opinions on how it plays yet, but walking around it in private match, it seems relatively straightforward, layout reminds me of Ambush from CoD4.

The Face Off maps are small maps, but with a little more to the layout than just a box shape like Shipment, Rust, etc.

I really really do hope that the face off maps get put into normal rotation. Yeah, they are small maps but not there have been smaller maps in the past (shipment, rust) 2v2 is ok but it can be a bit stale if your up against a couple of campers.

IISANDERII

I really really do hope that the face off maps get put into normal rotation. Yeah, they are small maps but not there have been smaller maps in the past (shipment, rust) 2v2 is ok but it can be a bit stale if you're up against a couple of campers.
Fixed and agreed. I wonder if some people are hosting private matches that you can get invited to.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Its still a stupid idea. The game's spawn system can't even handle maps the size Dome or Mission without there being a bunch of spawn kills every single match. Throwing even smaller maps into the mix would be idiotic.

Fixed and agreed. I wonder if some people are hosting private matches that you can get invited to.

Grammer police, p..lease.

At least correct the word that I missed.

I'll disagree with the broken spawn problem for smaller maps. Was never a 'problem' when playing Headquarters on Shipment, in fact, because it was so manic is was fun. The Face Off maps lack 'fun' with just 2 on 2, hell, I'd even play Groundwar on these maps if I could. Don't get me wrong, I'd like some bigger maps as well, but I just love the smaller ones.

My live ran out. Been playing MW3 on Ps3 and thinking of getting Waw for Ps3 as I have no Live. People still playing? Can anyone check for me? :D thank you.

Really enjoyed the small amount of 2v2 I played earlier on the free maps. Seems like it'd be even better with my buddy, the next time I can get him online.

It seemed infuriating for the other team though. Was kind of dominating.

plc268

Played some 1v1... and good god is that boring as hell. Half the time is spent searching for the other player, and if you get lucky and get behind them, it's a guaranteed kill. All my matches seem to go back and forth like that. I just played a game, that after 7 minutes, there were only 4 total kills (2-2). *yawn* And it's been like that for most of my 1v1 games.

2v2 is where it's at, IMO. Especially if you play with a buddy and coordinate some of your attacks.

Top Bottom