• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

Fantasmo

What's wrong with Face Off? Most fun I've had with this game since it came out. At least I don't feel like I'm getting spawn killed constantly because the maps are too crowded with too many sightlines and not enough hiding spots. It's actually kinda fun now.

Nori Chan

That was weird. It made me redownload every map I had before.

Anyone else get this problem?

Oh and the new maps look great..I just wish they were regular maps. Vortex's concept would've been so fun for like a wasteland maybe, U-Turn looks cool, and Intersection reminds me of Day 1 from gears of war 2....I think that's the name of the map

Triz

So I dont play this title much but my brother in law is balls deep in it. He does not have elite, but has bought all the available maps so far. He said last night at 2 he was booted off to download an update for the new content. Upon logging back in he is unable to play the past maps he has purchased. Did they lock out the playlist to only elite members? Can anyone advise?

kuYuri

That was weird. It made me redownload every map I had before.

Anyone else get this problem?

Oh and the new maps look great..I just wish they were regular maps. Vortex's concept would've been so fun for like a wasteland maybe, U-Turn looks cool, and Intersection reminds me of Day 1 from gears of war 2....I think that's the name of the map

I wasn't forced to redownload the older maps per say, but rather the "license" for that map. If you already have a piece of DLC (any DLC, not just MW3) on your Xbox HDD, when you try to redownload it, the download should immediately finish since you already have the content on your HDD.

I was getting "Out of Memory 5" error after downloading the new maps and trying to play them in private match, so I deleted them and redownloaded them. Stopped getting the error.

I agree, Vortex looks badass. Intersection is also big with me since I live in NY, I recognized the Brooklyn Bridge immediately and noticed the map takes place on Fulton St.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
What's wrong with Face Off? Most fun I've had with this game since it came out. At least I don't feel like I'm getting spawn killed constantly because the maps are too crowded with too many sightlines and not enough hiding spots. It's actually kinda fun now.

It boring and spawn kills are still a problem.

In the first Face Off game I played when the first batch of maps came out last month, I dropped a Predator Missile on a dude. He respawned literally right behind me and killed me.

I immediately shut it off and never touched it again. Is it any better now?

Screenshot2012-06-19at95817PM.png

kuYuri

Collection 2 comes out on PS3 AND PC tomorrow for non-Elite members.

See Stallion, PC isn't being completely forgotten after all. ;)

Ugh. So is getting on top of the roof in Oasis considered a glitch or what? I had a guy take the team defender flag into that area today and no one could get it out.

kuYuri

Ugh. So is getting on top of the roof in Oasis considered a glitch or what? I had a guy take the team defender flag into that area today and no one could get it out.

Yeah, although it should have been fixed already, at least according to the latest patch notes.

EYEL1NER

Still got my unused Founders cards from my 360 version, is this worth anything or should I just throw it out?
You could probably get something for it.
I see people list them everynow and then in the "XBLA Code Selling and Trading" thread on CAG. I don't know what they go for though.
I would think it would be valuable to some clan though for the XP.
My clan is like 14 golds away from lvl 50, we're at 47 right now. And that is how we got there was by founder XP in the beginning, only allowing founders in. So that XP the founder status has probably has some value to someone.

Edit: Definitely don't throw it out though. I mean, if you end up deciding to do that, I'll take it.

kuYuri

Someone managed to play Terminal on MW3 by modifying the files, private match only of course:

http://youtu.be/vIV1KpPZ-Xo

Biggest changed I noticed is that the bookstore in the middle is no longer a bookstore. More like a TV/media store. Also some of the seats are missing near the entrance of the plane, but it might just be incomplete.

Still got my unused Founders cards from my 360 version, is this worth anything or should I just throw it out?

You can probably even sell it on Ebay.

Someone managed to play Terminal on MW3 by modifying the files, private match only of course:

Biggest changed I noticed is that the bookstore in the middle is no longer a bookstore. More like a TV/media store. Also some of the seats are missing near the entrance of the plane, but it might just be incomplete.

There must be some other maps to be able to be accessed then?

Thanks for the explanation on the name change.

The seats were like that in MW2. Bookstore looks badass lol. Not even a bookstore anymore.

Effect

Is it even worth getting MW3 on the PC? I know there are unranked dedicated servers but are they even used? Is the hacking out of control?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Is it even worth getting MW3 on the PC? I know there are unranked dedicated servers but are they even used? Is the hacking out of control?

The hacking isn't out of control. The only place to reliably find one is in Ground War really. I play Kill Confirmed almost exclusively and that doesn't seem to interest hackers in the slightest. My friends and I have a lot of fun rolling as a party, but I would not recommend picking the game up for multiplayer if you are just going to play alone. The game does look a ridiculous amount better on PC though.

My DLC stopped working.

That happened to my friend yesterday too. He downloaded all the DLCs. I invited him to play the new Spec Ops Mission and it kept saying DLC 5 disabled ____ doesn't have Black Ice. We were like wtf. He restarted his xbox and some of them worked but some of them it still said he didn't have them even though he just installed them and under store it said all elite content installed.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
That happened to my friend yesterday too. He downloaded all the DLCs. I invited him to play the new Spec Ops Mission and it kept saying DLC 5 disabled ____ doesn't have Black Ice. We were like wtf. He restarted his xbox and some of them worked but some of them it still said he didn't have them even though he just installed them and under store it said all elite content installed.

It's very weird. I can still play the mp maps in private matches or when I'm in a friends party. Just not when I'm playing by myself.

I ran into the same situation. I had to go to the elite store and download the content drops all over again along with two new ones. The idea that someone can buy some DLC but not all and loose access to it online is insane.

It's been 2 months or so since I sold my 360 but this weekend I was able to pick up a new one.

I see nothing has really changed with MW3 lol.

Picked up both map packs. Still not a fan of these new maps. Just give me Terminal already.

Riot shield/pistol/C4 is so much fun when playing hardcore.

No more Oasis, please :(

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I like Oasis but damn I don't need to play it 2 out of every 3 matches.

Also I fixed my DLC problem. I deleted the game save utility and reinstalled all DLC and it started working.

kuYuri

That MW3 sale has to almost be a mistake... Collection 2 came out just a month ago. And why did it take this long for Black Ops DLC to go on sale? Already traded my copy in some months ago.

legacyzero

Banned
Question.

Did MW3 on PC ever get Mod support? I know they were "considering it" but did it ever happen?

It's the only reason I ever play COD on PC is for the whacky mods

This game is still chock full of this lag compensation bullshit. I can't believe it's been 8 months and they've done nothing to alleviate it. 4 bar ping yet I'm getting shot around corners and by people who aren't even looking at me. MW3 is such a fucking disaster.

Top Bottom