• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

Just got range for the Spaz..let the fun times begin! (fun times in hardcore, that is)

Put the Desert Eagle as my secondary for a few of my classes. Been using that lately.

Also been using the MK14 with thermal and the M60 (sometimes with thermal as well).

Sitrep Pro unlocked a few moments ago. Now I just need a pair of turtle beaches lol. Not a big deal though. I do perfectly fine with the regular 360 headset. I'm too impatient to wait and try to soundwhore someone lol. Not my playstyle.

So far, I've hijacked 11 enemy crates. 200 is so far away :(

mbmonk

I wish the p3 clan was as active as the 360:(

How many PS3 players are in this thread? I wouldn't mind trying to organize a couple of session just to get a player base started.

I am on the east coast of the US. I would assume holding sessions on the weekend would be best in terms of flexibility.

Interests? Thoughts? :p

I wish the p3 clan was as active as the 360:(

Nobody is active on the 360 clan lol. We haven't been enlisted in several operations because our leader hasn't been active and then when we are enlisted, in about 75% of them nobody even plays lol. Acutally, 75% is generous. About 90-95% of them, nobody plays. But once in while, somebody feels like doing one, so they play and we get a bronze medal since one person decided to play. Now theres 3 operations a weekend and we participate in maybe 1-2 a month.

When clan ops came out, our clan was lvl 27 with 25 xp needed for lvl 28. We still haven't hit lvl 30 for 6 hours of double xp and it's been several months since they came out in February. We've barely gained 2 levels.

But i guess one or two people doing clan ops is more active than none. We've never had more than 2 people participate in the same clan op.

EDIT: We should be hitting lvl 30 soon though after our placement in the operation yesterday and be getting our long overdue 6 hours of double xp. Back in february when the operations launched, i was starting 11th prestige because they just added them. Now, i'm at the very very end of 19th prestige and once i start 20th, double xp doesn't even matter to me anymore. That shows how much of a fail both the xbox360 and ps3 elite clans have been lol.

kuYuri

I'd say it's simply a case of most people have moved on from MW3. Majority of people on GAF are gamers with wide range of interests in different types of games and who moved on to newer games. Some were probably never interested in clan ops to begin with.

I'd say it's simply a case of most people have moved on from MW3. Majority of people on GAF are gamers with wide range of interests in different types of games and who moved on to newer games. Some were probably never interested in clan ops to begin with.

Yeah, i'm sure if clan ops launched when the game did in november, our clan would've leveled up at a decent rate. People that didn't even know about them would have their stats count towards it just by naturally playing the clan ops's game mode during the alotta time coincidentally and others would definitely be into it with the game being in its prime.

MrDaravon

Yeah I was super active in November and December as were a lot of other people here. That was a complete botch along with a ton of other things with how Elite has been handled, which is part of why there is no way I am on board with Elite next year or forward, assuming I even get Blops 2 (the overwhelming majority of my friends will be favoring Halo 4 this year unless that turns out to be a wash, and it comes out a week before Blops soooo). Surprisingly the biggest downside to Elite was actually that most of my friends didn't get it, as they usually would wind up dropping every game (Halo, CoD, etc) after 1-2 map packs, so they didn't see the value in it. As a result Elite has done me very little good since I'm only able to really play the maps with any frequency once they're available for everyone. I don't really regret it since I got the Hardened Edition (so Elite was only $40), but I'm perfectly content to just wait it out next time.

Got to 2.2 K/D, higher than Noriega's...

ik0TyL962RcGa.gif

uhh... i have been enlisting us?

Yeah now it's perfect, but in the beginning we kept missing them :S

Here are quotes from earlier in the thread:

So I was gonna play kill confirmed but we weren't enlisted in it :/

Whitesox have you been busy?

Thats the 2nd weekend in a row we haven't enlisted in any clan operations :/ 6 operations missed.

It's no big deal now though since we're enlisting reguarly. I was just pointing out how inactive our clan is/was.

It's funny cause he has 3000 kills to my 22000

haha my k/d barely moves at 75,500 career kills. It takes like 30 consistently good matches to move it .001 .... 22,000 kills is bad too. 3,000 isn't that much. Whenever i have that on monthly leaderboards, my k/d can change after just 1 or 2 matches and that doesn't even show the k/d to the thousandth place lol.

Nori Chan

Also a new clan challenge starts tomorrow and the day after.

Both are for the accolades: switchblade, which is get the most knife kills in a match.

Also a new clan challenge starts tomorrow and the day after.

Both are for the accolades: switchblade, which is get the most knife kills in a match.

lol i'll be no use for that. i think i've gotten the challenge for getting 10 knife kills in a prestige once.

Actually twice, because i've been playing infected this prestige and infected gets you knife kills but whenever i play normal game modes, i never get knife kills.

Even back in black ops, my knife ratio was like i died to the knife 5 times more than i got knife kills and whenever i looked at anybody elses playercard, they had more knife kills than deaths.

Light 'Em Up and Special Delivery Spec Ops missions officially detailed.

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/c...etails_on_modern_warfare_3s_august_dlc_2.html

Thanks for posting this. Apparently it leaked earlier too, but activision is still being nazis and taking videos down on the last day of july. I swear they have like a whole section of their company dedicated to this. Too bad theres no release date of this posted anywhere. Anyway, i'm looking forward to it, moreso than the multiplayer maps lol.

MrDaravon

So you'd rather wait and pay $20 extra for content you'd play anyway?

I'd rather save $20 and have it earlier. Even if i don't play it, i saved $20.

That's assuming I'm buying ALL the DLC, which I'm not. Like I said in my post, my friends peter out of games after 1-2 DLC packs pretty much no matter what. So that's either $15 or $30 max, as opposed to either $40 (assuming that the do a similar setup with the Hardened edition on Blops 2 coming with a year of Elite) or $50 (buying it regular). I'd be paying $10-20 more to play maps early with none of my friends.

Also I talked to several of my friends today and literally no one is buying Blops 2 day one because of Halo, so I'm certainly not getting the Hardened Edition of that (again, assuming the bundle it with a year of Elite for $99 again). In hindsight Blops is probably my favorite multiplayer CoD game, and if it wasn't coming out a week after Halo 4 I'd probably be willing to bite again since I'm willing to give Treyarch the benefit of the doubt even after MW3, but it's not to be (for me, obviously everyone has their preferences). At the end of the day I generally roll with whatever my friends are playing honestly.

That's assuming I'm buying ALL the DLC, which I'm not. Like I said in my post, my friends peter out of games after 1-2 DLC packs pretty much no matter what. So that's either $15 or $30 max, as opposed to either $40 (assuming that the do a similar setup with the Hardened edition on Blops 2 coming with a year of Elite) or $50 (buying it regular). I'd be paying $10-20 more to play maps early with none of my friends.

Also I talked to several of my friends today and literally no one is buying Blops 2 day one because of Halo, so I'm certainly not getting the Hardened Edition of that (again, assuming the bundle it with a year of Elite for $99 again). In hindsight Blops is probably my favorite multiplayer CoD game, and if it wasn't coming out a week after Halo 4 I'd probably be willing to bite again since I'm willing to give Treyarch the benefit of the doubt even after MW3, but it's not to be (for me, obviously everyone has their preferences). At the end of the day I generally roll with whatever my friends are playing honestly.

I see what you're saying man. Makes sense. It's annoying how the last DLC comes out in September this year for xbox and october for PS3, when in the past they were never even close to this late. I'd rather have the last dlc come out earlier and have the content drops happen more frequently, rather than have dlc last all the way til the next call of duty. So some PS3 elite users might have saved $10-$20, but only get like 3-4 weeks of playing the final dlc lol. But at that point, the final dlc is practically free.

Kujo

Can you get 'untagged' after a recon drone tags you? Like say, surviving longer than a minute after. Or does it last forever until your next life?

Can you get 'untagged' after a recon drone tags you? Like say, surviving longer than a minute after. Or does it last forever until your next life?

Lasts forever, making it extremely useful in search and destroy. It's pretty much a guaranteed death for you once you're tagged. Try and go do something objective because you're going to die anyway.

Kujo

Heh, it's weird as there has been times where I've been tagged, but still manage to flank people and even last till the end of matches. I thought it might have worn off, but I guess those times I was just playing against idiots lol

MrDaravon

Heh, it's weird as there has been times where I've been tagged, but still manage to flank people and even last till the end of matches. I thought it might have worn off, but I guess those times I was just playing against idiots lol

More than likely, but a reasonable explanation might be a Counter-UAV being up.

Nori Chan

I wasn't aware that double xp was on

Wish it wasn't though. Wouldve been smart for us to wait til a double xp weekend do we can get quad xp

I wasn't aware that double xp was on

Wish it wasn't though. Wouldve been smart for us to wait til a double xp weekend do we can get quad xp

Well you just have 6 hours that you get for your next 6 hours of in game time, so you can just not play til a real double xp weekend xP

So for example, i still have 6 hours of double xp left because i haven't played, but u have less double xp than me. It takes a while to lose 6 hours of double xp anyway.

And i would've rather had it right away because i'm just about to begin 20th prestige.

Xux

IW posted some balance changes on their Facebook page:

Xbox 360 & PS3 have received weapon rebalance in Call of Duty: MW3 for assault rifles & SMG's:

FAD - increased damage and range
M16A4 - increased damage and fire rate
AK47 - reduced kick
UMP45 - increased damage
MP5 - increased fire rate
PM9 - reduced kick

Also coming to PC in the next patch.
Damn, I know a couple dudes that swear by the FAD; they'll probably be pretty happy. Cool to see them try to buff the rest out of irrelevancy.

What does joining a clan earn me? I'll join the GAF clan.

It just earns you double xp and in game emblems. We won't be earning double xp again for a while since we just hit that benchmark tho. I'm think you can get the in game emblems after the clan has unlocked them if u join late, but not sure though.

Btw i knew your name rang a bell when you sent me an xbl friend request. I went to a different website and looked to see if ur gamertag was there, but after refreshing this forum i was like "Ohh theres where Bruiser Bear is from!" lol....so i added u now.

eek5

That's crazy that they buffed the FAD. I thought it was a really good weapon for mid-sized maps already. It was probably a small tweak from being OP. If they buffed the damage to require one less bullet at long AND short range it could be ridiculous lol

2v2 on Vortex has the worst spawns I've ever seen in a multiplayer game. Multiple "<5 feet behind the other guy" spawns in a single game. What the fuck? Do they playtest?

UMP was always garbo compared to the PP90, P90, and MP7.

But there will always be guns that are better than others in a category unless you make the same exact gun with just different appearance. So if u buff the UMP then u buff MP5 then u buff P90 then u buff PM-9 then u buff MP7 then u buff PP90 and then u restart if you're gonna use the theory that the others are better.

Xux

Intersection seems like it'd be neat and big enough for normal multiplayer. It's kinda weird how only one corner has an upstairs but whatever.

Intersection seems like it'd be neat and big enough for normal multiplayer. It's kinda weird how only one corner has an upstairs but whatever.

Private match demolition on faceoff maps doesn't work at all. Also, from what i've noticed spawns in faceoff maps are very strange.

It might be alotta fun to play 6 v. 6....but i don't think they can handle it lol.

I've played 18 man free for alls on them before and they're fun....but they aren't really like "normal" call of duty, just like it wouldn't be "normal" demolition on a faceoff map.

Just tested the guns in a private match and it doesn't look like the hotfix is up for PS3 yet.

They are live for XBOX360 and PS3. Don't know what you were testing, but it definitely is.

I've seen PS3 gameplay that confirms the update, as well as XBOX360 gameplay.

An example is that the M16s firerate got increased from 780rpm to 900rpm and they also increased the range a bit, so one shot kills can be achieved at a further range, similarly to how they decreased the type 95s range earlier in the year.

EDIT: I mean earlier in the call of duty year. They nerfed the type95 in 2011 lol.

Xux

Private match demolition on faceoff maps doesn't work at all. Also, from what i've noticed spawns in faceoff maps are very strange.

It might be alotta fun to play 6 v. 6....but i don't think they can handle it lol.

I've played 18 man free for alls on them before and they're fun....but they aren't really like "normal" call of duty, just like it wouldn't be "normal" demolition on a faceoff map.
I was thinking about TDM or Headquarters but I don't really have faith they could place the objectives right or do the spawns good etc.
They are live for XBOX360 and PS3. Don't know what you were testing, but it definitely is.

I've seen PS3 gameplay that confirms the update, as well as XBOX360 gameplay.

An example is that the M16s firerate got increased from 780rpm to 900rpm and they also increased the range a bit, so one shot kills can be achieved at a further range, similarly to how they decreased the type 95s range earlier in the year.
I played a game online and tried it but none of the damages seemed different. I'll try again; there was probably some stupid update delay somewhere. I'll try to find a video to compare my version number.

Top Bottom