• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

Jrmint

Alienshogun said:
Added

Gamertag & callofduty.com Username
1. CommonSense43, ProtoCents
2. backflip10019, backflip10019
3. Matts Legacy, Matts Legacy
4. jgminto, jgminto
5.DreamVsPS2/DreamVsPS2
6. Strider2K99, Strider2K99
7. The Japanator, The Japanator
8. cameltoe, cameltoe
9. Noriega, xGeneral Ice
10. Newmanizor56, Testoftide
11. Elev8ion, Elev8ion
12. Dance Inferno, ilnadmy
13. AlienShogun, AlienShogun

Add me please
Gamertag: Marksman82
Username: Jrmint

Angry Fork

aristotle said:
Anyone else wanting to get in the PS3 MW3 clan?

The list so far is:

GAF | PSN
Global: MW3NeoGAF
TacticalFox88 | NightBlade88
Kyoufu | Kyoufu
aristotle | xinoart
Radec | xtheEnemy
Xater | Xater
madmaxx350 | madmaxx350
The Last Wizard | Nighthawk17

Those of you I haven't added to my friends list yet, I will be doing so once I get home from work today. Since no one has said otherwise, I'll be starting the clan. If anyone disagrees, let me know. It's no big deal. I will have Elite though and I'll add everyone on my list to the clan as soon as I get back from the midnight launch.

I'm interested, my PSN is napkin

I don't have elite though I'm waiting to see how much DLC they give as I'm not sure if it's worth it or not yet.

Jrmint

Added

4. jgminto, jgminto
5.DreamVsPS2/DreamVsPS2
8. cameltoe, cameltoe
9. Noriega, xGeneral Ice
11. Elev8ion, Elev8ion
14. Marksman82, Jrmint

zlatko

Banned
Alienshogun said:
Every game seems to have a last minute embargo anymore.

Not really. I can't think of any big name release this year that didn't have a handful of big name site early reviews that got special privileges since they gave it high scores.

Either Activision is not confident or the game just didn't get 9's from any big name places. There's no way they would hide more buzz with big numbers to help raise pre-orders even more for those still on the fence.

Deadbeat said:
Not going near the PC version until impressions are made. I mean the only good thing we know is there is no quick scoping on PC.
And why would there be no quickscoping? There will be in the console versions, 402 said there would be, so it can easily transfer over to PC.

Mik2121

Poker360 said:
Bad game is bad?

O.O

Well, hopefully not...
Ugh...

Yes, that's definitely it. Even if some people is saying the story mode is the best out of the last bunch of COD games, and the multiplayer videos are looking quite hot. Yep, it's probably a bad game.

lol...

outsidah

Deadbeat said:
Not going near the PC version until impressions are made. I mean the only good thing we know is there is no quick scoping on PC.

Yeah I haven't made the purchase yet either. I would just much rather use a kb/mouse than the 360 pad on this. I have a hardened edition for the 360 coming but thinking of keeping it sealed till I hear how bad/good the PC version turns out.

NHale

zlatko said:
Not really. I can't think of any big name release this year that didn't have a handful of big name site early reviews that got special privileges since they gave it high scores.

Either Activision is not confident or the game just didn't get 9's from any big name places. There's no way they would hide more buzz with big numbers to help raise pre-orders even more for those still on the fence.

Activision games are usually embargoed until release date (can't remember one game that didn't). For example, MW2 and Black Ops embargo ended at the exactly same time.

zlatko

Banned
NHale said:
Activision games are usually embargoed until release date (can't remember one game that didn't). For example, MW2 and Black Ops embargo ended at the exactly same time.

Don't scores still leak out though? I could have sworn the IGN review for MW2 came out before the game.

Jrmint

NHale said:
I really don't know why they care.

It's gonna sell a billion copies whether it gets a 2.5 or a 10.

DaBuddaDa

I am pretty sure I heard somewhere a ~week ago that the review embargo is for 12:01am PST Tuesday morning, which is the latest you could possibly set for a game. They'll do anything to make sure day 1 sales are maximized, they don't want anyone who wants to buy it to be deterred.

outsidah said:
Is anyone at all getting this for the PC?

That's where I'm thinking I'll get it. Haven't completely decided yet between that and the PS3. I just don't want to get it and it dies off like MW2 did on PC. Decisions, decisions...

hioh631 said:
That's where I'm thinking I'll get it. Haven't completely decided yet between that and the PS3. I just don't want to get it and it dies off like MW2 did on PC. Decisions, decisions...
Just pre-ordered it today. It got me a free copy of COD4 (I have on xbox, but not on pc) So Im happy. Pre-loading as I type this up.

zlatko

Banned
kaskade said:
MW2 was the same way, so was Black Ops.

I'll take your guys word. My memory is foggy. I guess it sort of makes sense to let the game speak for itself and not cloud judgement with any reviews, which is sort of cool.

aristotle

Angry Fork said:
I'm interested, my PSN is napkin

I don't have elite though I'm waiting to see how much DLC they give as I'm not sure if it's worth it or not yet.

GAF | PSN
Kyoufu | Kyoufu
aristotle | xinoart
Radec | xtheEnemy
Xater | Xater
madmaxx350 | madmaxx350
Angry Fork | napkin

I'll add you to the list :)

Man, Activision support is dumb. I have been trying to log into my callofduty.com account that I used in the Elite beta. I notice it isn't working even though other people (even in this thread) have been able to log in and buy Elite memberships. So I go to their support website and there is an answer to my question. I literally copy pasted this to my email to them: "My password is coming up invalid when I try to register. I had an old callofduty.com account with a simple password. The password requirements have changed since I registered that account and now my old password does not work and I have no way to change it."

Exact same wording that is on their website, and their solution is to email support about it. Got an email back this morning saying: "Call of Duty Elite is just busy right now, try again later" Good job completely missing the fucking point of my problem. All I need to do is change my password, hopefully this is sorted out by Tuesday.

Jrmint said:
Added

4. jgminto, jgminto
5.DreamVsPS2/DreamVsPS2
8. cameltoe, cameltoe
9. Noriega, xGeneral Ice
11. Elev8ion, Elev8ion
14. Marksman82, Jrmint
I can't seem to sign up at Callofduty.com. Does anyone have a trick for doing so?

Hellish

outsidah said:
Is anyone at all getting this for the PC?

I am but once I build my new pc, not worth playing it on my current laptop even though it could play it, getting it for xbox on release.

DRE Fei

Shooting down UAVs adds to your assault kill streak. I guess that balances out the UAV spam. Also, scavenger doesn't refill claymores or betties. This game is gonna be great.

How come when I to go link my PSN account for elite, nothing happens. It takes me to confirm my PSN login information, then when I do that, it takes me back to the page, yet nothing seems to have happened.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Matts Legacy said:
So close to launch and the site wont even work right. They have had months to get ready.
Is this a fucking joke? ELITE launches along side the damn game. You're complaining before it's even officially up and ready for public use.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
So is Spec-Ops and their Survival mode (or whatever it is called) 2 Player co-op only?

Four of us come together to game till the early hours of the morning about once a month, but we love playing on two screens split screen all together in Zombies, it will be really disappointing if there isn't anything like this for MW3, seems like a step back for me.

LowParry

johnFkennedy said:
4 hours and 30 mins. into the campaign and I'm only 49% done with it. That's longer than the older campaigns right?

My BO run took me about 7 hours. I think most COD games go for 7 - 10 hours of gameplay.

aristotle said:

The list so far is:

GAF | PSN
Kyoufu | Kyoufu
aristotle | xinoart
Radec | xtheEnemy
Xater | Xater
madmaxx350 | madmaxx350

Those of you I haven't added to my friends list yet, I will be doing so once I get home from work today. Since no one has said otherwise, I'll be starting the clan. If anyone disagrees, let me know. It's no big deal. I will have Elite though and I'll add everyone on my list to the clan as soon as I get back from the midnight launch.

I dont have Elite yet but I would like to get in that PS3 clan. MY PSN is DMasta718

Audioboxer

aristotle said:

The list so far is:

GAF | PSN
Kyoufu | Kyoufu
aristotle | xinoart
Radec | xtheEnemy
Xater | Xater
madmaxx350 | madmaxx350

Me please :)

PSN is Audioboxer

MercuryLS

Banned
aristotle said:
GAF | PSN
Kyoufu | Kyoufu
aristotle | xinoart
Radec | xtheEnemy
Xater | Xater
madmaxx350 | madmaxx350
Angry Fork | napkin

I'll add you to the list :)

Me too.

PSN ID: MLS3

aristotle

SarcasticD said:
I dont have Elite yet but I would like to get in that PS3 clan. MY PSN is DMasta718

Me please :)

PSN is Audioboxer

MercuryLS said:
Me too.

PSN ID: MLS3

GAF | PSN
Kyoufu | Kyoufu
aristotle | xinoart
Radec | xtheEnemy
Xater | Xater
madmaxx350 | madmaxx350
SarcasticD | DMasta718
Audίoboxer | Audioboxer
MercuryLS | MLS3

Added :)

You don't need Elite for the clan. Elite for the clan leader/creator gives everyone in the clan extra stuff though. Since I have the hardened edition paid off, I took the reins. I believe we get extra challenges, founder clan status, emblems, and other bonuses.

I'll free up room on my PSN friends list for everyone and add you all later once I get home.

test_account

XP-39C²
Jay-B said:
More like 5 hours.
It depends a bit on which difficulty you're playing on. If you play on easy or regular, it is almost just to run through the whole game. This way the NPCs will kill the enemies instead in many places.

Mengetsu

dmg04 said:
Is this a fucking joke? ELITE launches along side the damn game. You're complaining before it's even officially up and ready for public use.

Im just saying to sign up in general and get the basics like linking your accounts should be working. I know that the core of Elite it's self was still in beta and is now down for maintenance and such but I would just hope people would be able to get their profiles and such ready before the game launches at the least. That's my only complaint about it.

FGMPR

Banned
hioh631 said:

Uh... there's like 28,000 people playing MW2 right now according to Steam. Obviously that's no where near console numbers, but that's still a very healthy population.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Matts Legacy said:
Im just saying to sign up in general and get the basics like linking your accounts should be working. I know that the core of Elite it's self was still in beta and is now down for maintenance and such but I would just hope people would be able to get their profiles and such ready before the game launches at the least. That's my only complaint about it.
Pardon my language, btw. Didn't mean to come off as rude.

At the same time, it's saturday [or super late Friday night, whatever time people started trying to sign in and up]. The game launches Tuesday.

Things will more than likely be up and running Monday.

Jb

test_account said:
It depends a bit on which difficulty you're playing on. If you play on easy or regular, it is almost just to run through the whole game. This way the NPCs will kill the enemies instead in many places.
Even if you take your time, no CoD campaign this gen takes more than 5-6 hours to complete. Add maybe 1-2 hours on veteran. Just take a look at the video walkthroughs for Modern Warfare, Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops.

It honestly wouldn't be an issue if each campaign wasn't held back by its own share of bullshit design choices (bad scripting, respawning enemies, grenade spamming...), even CoD4. Here's to hope that they got everything right this time.

S1kkZ

Jay-B said:
It honestly wouldn't be an issue if each campaign wasn't held back by its own share of bullshit design choices (bad scripting, respawning enemies, grenade spamming...), even CoD4. Here's to hope that they got everything right this time.
i really hate the things you mention but i didnt really bother me here (except one shitty script near the end). didnt notice grenade spamming, respawning is there but less obvious and frustrating. played on normal.

Deadbeat

Banned
Full Metal Jacket said:
Type 95 is the bootleg Chinese version of the famas
No it isnt. Its not even the same design. Its completely different.
Gilatif said:
No, its not. It's not even the same caliber.
They offer it in 5.56 as well. But that variant is called the Type 97.

test_account

XP-39C²
Jay-B said:
Even if you take your time, no CoD campaign this gen takes more than 5-6 hours to complete. Add maybe 1-2 hours on veteran. Just take a look at the video walkthroughs for Modern Warfare, Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops.

Yeah, 1-2 hours extra on Veteran sounds about right. That is what i ment, if you play on harder difficulty, then the game takes longer to beat :) Trying to search for all the intels will also add some time to the playthrough. But yeah, the CoD campaigns arent exactly super long, that is true.

Top Bottom