• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

The_Monk

Ok everyone, I jumped in. I just got some store credit and I pre-order this for the PS3.

Will be picking this in a midnight launch and the guy saved a Steelbook case that, according to him it can hold all 3 MW's plus I'll be getting an extra 5€ for pre-ordering and will only cost me 23€ for the game. So good.

I hope Quick Scoping is the only thing that I won't be liking since all the Commando, OMA, Danger Close, Stopping Power is gone. Right?

Someone please answer this, thank you.

Jb

S1kkZ said:
i really hate the things you mention but i didnt really bother me here (except one shitty script near the end). didnt notice grenade spamming, respawning is there but less obvious and frustrating. played on normal.
Great news, thanks :)

Mengetsu

dmg04 said:
Pardon my language, btw. Didn't mean to come off as rude.

At the same time, it's saturday [or super late Friday night, whatever time people started trying to sign in and up]. The game launches Tuesday.

Things will more than likely be up and running Monday.

Understandable and no worries. I wasn't fully clear when I ranted myself I Just want things to run smoothly by launch as you said. Id like to see this go well because after I traded in stuff and got black ops at launch no more then a week later most of my friends stop playing it because of the hit detection and ect and went back too MW2 and now most aren't even hyped for MW3 and I hate playing with randoms so much lol

FGMPR said:
Uh... there's like 28,000 people playing MW2 right now according to Steam. Obviously that's no where near console numbers, but that's still a very healthy population.

Yeah, now. 3 days before MW3 comes out, but most of the time there were modes you could not play because there were like 3 people playing in that mode and in most cases only 3-5K players online at any given time. Hell even in Team Deathmatch you would have to wait like 5+ minutes to find a match.

Nemic77

The_Monk said:
I hope Quick Scoping is the only thing that I won't be liking since all the Commando, OMA, Danger Close, Stopping Power is gone. Right?

Yep, all of that is gone.

Besides, I don't really think quick/no-scoping is that big of an issue. You see plenty of montages and good games posted on youtube, but they don't really represent normal gameplay, in my opinion...

aristotle

The_Monk said:
Ok everyone, I jumped in. I just got some store credit and I pre-order this for the PS3.

Will be picking this in a midnight launch and the guy saved a Steelbook case that, according to him it can hold all 3 MW's plus I'll be getting an extra 5€ for pre-ordering and will only cost me 23€ for the game. So good.

Quick scoping is still there. It's been in every CoD since 4 as far as I know. The rest are gone.

Deadbeat

Banned
hioh631 said:
Yeah, now. 3 days before MW3 comes out, but most of the time there were modes you could not play because there were like 3 people playing in that mode. Hell even in Team Deathmatch you would have to wait like 5+ minutes to find a match.
That has nothing to do with player count. That is just how broken IW.net is on PC.

Deadbeat said:
That has nothing to do with player count. That is just how broken IW.net is on PC.

Well that's just as bad. If there are 1 million people playing Domination, but I can only play with/see 5 then it's the same thing. It does me no good. BO had servers so I had no issues there, but with the forced match-making for ranked matches coming back I'm just a little concerned. Here's to hoping I've got nothing to be concerned about.

JaMarco

Added

Gamertag & callofduty.com Username
1. CommonSense43, ProtoCents
2. backflip10019, backflip10019
3. Matts Legacy, Matts Legacy
4. jgminto, jgminto
5.DreamVsPS2/DreamVsPS2
6. Strider2K99, Strider2K99
7. The Japanator, The Japanator
8. cameltoe, cameltoe
9. Noriega, xGeneral Ice
10. Newmanizor56, Testoftide
11. Elev8ion, Elev8ion
12. Dance Inferno, ilnadmy
13. AlienShogun, AlienShogun
14. Marksman82, Jrmint
15. mek1117, Casemarqui

Deadbeat

Banned
hioh631 said:
Well that's just as bad. If there are 1 million people playing Domination, but I can only play with/see 5 then it's the same thing. It does me no good. BO had servers so I had no issues there, but with the forced match-making for ranked matches coming back I'm just a little concerned. Here's to hoping I've got nothing to be concerned about.
Ranking is P2P only on PC. Dedicated servers are Unranked. You are fucked bscly if you care about stats.

The_Monk

Thanks for answering Nemic77 and aristotle from what I've seen from those gaming sessions on IGN and Gamespot it seems more balanced. Unless I'm missing something from the killstreaks part?

Nemic77, for me, quick scope is not a problem. But there's one thing I don't like about it.
I love to play as a team player the best I can, better with friends, but if I'm playing Search & Destroy and the last guy on my team rather tries to go with a 360 degree quick scope/no scope instead of a easy kill kinda bugs me. That's the only thing I don't like in quick scope but that's maybe because I love to play as a team.

Enosh

hioh631 said:
Yeah, now. 3 days before MW3 comes out, but most of the time there were modes you could not play because there were like 3 people playing in that mode and in most cases only 3-5K players online at any given time. Hell even in Team Deathmatch you would have to wait like 5+ minutes to find a match.
no, 20-30k was pretty standard on steam since Black ops
problem is the game, at least for me, starts with "looking for players" it can't find shit in this state, some 2-3mins latter it switches to "looking for games X/Y", which is something console matchmaking does from the beginning from what I understand, after it starts doing this it finds games for me in 5-15 seconds with full green bars (or 3/4 which is still decent)

Kyoufu

I bought Black Cops on PC last year and had buyer's remorse instantly. No party system makes that version garbage if you want to play with friends. Did they add one to MW3?

Kyoufu said:
I bought Black Cops on PC last year and had buyer's remorse instantly. No party system makes that version garbage if you want to play with friends. Did they add one to MW3?
huh? I am sure bo had one or it was integrated with steam...

Marda

Neo Member
aristotle said:
GAF | PSN
Global: MW3NeoGAF
TacticalFox88 | NightBlade88
Kyoufu | Kyoufu
aristotle | xinoart
Radec | xtheEnemy
Xater | Xater
madmaxx350 | madmaxx350
The Last Wizard | Nighthawk17
SarcasticD | DMasta718
Audίoboxer | Audioboxer
MercuryLS | MLS3

Added :)

You don't need Elite for the clan. Elite for the clan leader/creator gives everyone in the clan extra stuff though. Since I have the hardened edition paid off, I took the reins. I believe we get extra challenges, founder clan status, emblems, and other bonuses.

I'll free up room on my PSN friends list for everyone and add you all later once I get home.

Ah, alright:

PSN: Faeirea

Thanks!

Rizzo

Kyoufu said:

Yeah, at launch you couldn't even switch teams. The party stuff is back for MW3 and/or you can use a server browser to find an unranked dedicated server.

Syphon Filter said:
huh? I am sure bo had one or it was integrated with steam...

Nah, it had a friends list, but no partying up.

johnFkennedy said:
4 hours and 30 mins. into the campaign and I'm only 49% done with it. That's longer than the older campaigns right?

About 45 minutes later and I beat the campaign. The last section of the game was really great. Price is the man.

aristotle

Marda said:
Ah, alright:

PSN: Faeirea

Thanks!

GAF | PSN
Global: MW3NeoGAF
TacticalFox88 | NightBlade88
Kyoufu | Kyoufu
aristotle | xinoart
Radec | xtheEnemy
Xater | Xater
madmaxx350 | madmaxx350
The Last Wizard | Nighthawk17
SarcasticD | DMasta718
Audίoboxer | Audioboxer
MercuryLS | MLS3
Marda | Faeirea

Done!

snack

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Call-of-Duty-ELITE/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80241560898

Get access to the incredible features of Call of Duty ELITE designed for Modern Warfare® 3 directly on your 360 with the Call of Duty ELITE Console App! Download the Console App for free, and register to earn 2 HOURS OF DOUBLE XP! Call of Duty ELITE is the innovate new online service that will transform your multiplayer experience. CAREER See thousands of gameplay stats, review recent matches, leaderboards and more CONNECT Connect with the people you want to play with in Groups and Clans COMPETE Show off your skills and creativity in year-round contests and events across all skill levels IMPROVE Tap into intel on weapons and map, stat trackers, and heat maps UPGRADE to the ultimate multiplayer experience with the Call of Duty ELITE 1-Year Premium Subscription to get access to ELITE Premium features and all the Modern Warfare 3 DLC. Available now in the Xbox LIVE® Marketplace. The Call of Duty ELITE Console App supports both free and Premium subscription.

Gilatif

Full Metal Jacket said:
*sigh* The joke just went over your heads.

What? That every Chinese idea was stolen from others? :)

In the world of firearms though, that's pretty much the way it works. People criticize the 5.56's performance in Vietnam, but evidently the Soviets thought it did well enough to copy it...thus the AK74 was born.

FGMPR said:
Uh... there's like 28,000 people playing MW2 right now according to Steam. Obviously that's no where near console numbers, but that's still a very healthy population.
They also get around 20k players on PC on a certain other service that may be against the rules to discuss on here. It sits in a bit of a grey area I think.

Deadbeat

Banned
krameriffic said:
They also get around 20k players on PC on a certain other service that may be against the rules to discuss on here. It sits in a bit of a grey area I think.
Players Online: 8774 | Lobbies Online: 1025 | Dedicated Servers Online: 1301

Damn it went up. Last month when I checked there was only 5k people playing at its peak. I guess everyone is getting ready for MW3.

M.W.

aristotle said:
That's pretty cool. I'm wondering though if all of this double XP stacks (Elite founder xp, dew/doritos, console ap xp). They haven't said one way or the other yet. I hope it stacks and doesn't override each other.

Robert Bowling said there's a limit as to how much double XP you can get. He didn't give the exact amount though.

I asked this earlier and nobody replied, I guess i'll do it again.

What's the counter to recon/ recon pro? I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
aristotle said:
That's pretty cool. I'm wondering though if all of this double XP stacks (Elite founder xp, dew/doritos, console ap xp). They haven't said one way or the other yet. I hope it stacks and doesn't override each other.

You get to choose when you want to apply your DewXP. So you can just wait until your other double XP is over.

Marcellus Wallace said:
Robert Bowling said there's a limit as to how much double XP you can get. He didn't give the exact amount though.

I know its 24 hours per account on Dew XP.

M.W.

madmaxx350 said:

Possibly sitrep/sitrep pro? Unless I'm getting my perks messed up.

LQX

FGMPR said:
Its takes minutes to get into a game especially if you have only vanilla MW2. I regularly sit close to ten minutes trying to find a game. No dedicated servers and the fact they broke match making with the DLC and could give shit makes it a step away from being dead. Shame because it is my favorite MP game.

Rizzo

madmaxx350 said:

I don't believe there is one.

Edit: I remember seeing Bowling say that Recon would make an Assassin player show up on the minimap, but nothing about stopping Recon's ability.

Nabs

LQX said:
Its takes minutes to get into a game especially if you have only vanilla MW2. I regularly sit close to ten minutes trying to find a game. No dedicated servers and the fact they broke match making with the DLC and could give shit makes it a step away from being dead. Shame because it is my favorite MP game.
Yep. Blops could have 5k playing, but finding a full server with a great ping is always pretty easy. MW2 on the other hand is hell, even when 30k are online =\.

aristotle

Brian Fellows said:
You get to choose when you want to apply your DewXP. So you can just wait until your other double XP is over.

I know its 24 hours per account on Dew XP.

I forgot you can choose when to add the dew xp. I hope the elite xp stacks with this console app xp as well. Then there might be more double xp for getting it on iOS or Andriod as well. They're really giving out this xp suddenly.

Kyoufu said:
What is Clan XP? You level a clan?

Yep. Apparently there are clan perks as well. They haven't talked about it much though. I think you level you clan up and that gives you a chance to win higher tier prizes.

CoD Elite & Founder features (taken from Call of Duty wikia):

Subscription Features

* DLC (Which can also be bought separately without subscribing.)
* Video series with Will Arnett and Jason Bateman
* Video series with Ridley and Tony Scott
* Participating in events and winning prizes
* Leveling up your clan
* Eight times the video sharing capacity
* Strategy pages on weapons, etc. written by experts
* All exclusive clan title cards and emblems
* Premium group access

Founder Features

Founders are members that either buy the MW3 Hardened edition or activate a membership by November 13, 2011.

* Unique camouflage
* Unique Call of Duty ELITE profile skin
* Special player card and emblem
* Access to #Founder group
* Clan XP Boost
* Exclusive prizes and competitions

Bolded the clan specific stuff. The official page isn't clear if the exclusive prizes are for the entire clan or just for the founders/elite. Either way, we'll get all the extra goodies for being an elite and founder clan. :D

Gilatif

Anyone know if the multiplayer leaderboards will rank you by total number of kills, or are we back to points per minute again?

zlatko

Banned
Pre ordered the game just now at Best Buy. Traded in 4 games and got to 67 bucks, and game came out to 64 bucks. Niiiiice.

Ready to bust an all nighter with my buddy Tuesday from 11AM to sunrise on that wednesday.

:D

Top Bottom