• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

jgminto

When I try to get on ELITE I get this:

EE3gL.jpg

I've tried the email already. And when I click Enter Call of Duty ELITE I get:

We're sorry but this section of the site is currently disabled for maintenance

Anyone else or is it just me?

Xamdou

jgminto said:

EE3gL.jpg

I get that as well. Looks like the site isn't up and running until release day.

I was able to link my gamer tag during the COD ELITE beta.

jgminto

Xamdou said:
I get that as well. Looks like the site isn't up and running until release day.

I was able to link my gamer tag during the COD ELITE beta.
Mine as well. I linked it to a new account though. I'm hoping that doesn't affect anything but I prefer my new account name, jgminto to my old one, JACKA$$.

Mengetsu

jgminto said:

EE3gL.jpg

On the right it should say resend to your email click it it worked for me.

j-wood

So for those of you that have this early, is it worth the hype? Is it enough of a jump over mw2 and block ops to be worthy of a purchase?

Touch

_Alkaline_ said:
Type 95 looks like a rather wonderful FAMAS replacement.
It really does. I thought it was going to me more like the TAR but not a good. Had no idea it was closer to the FAMAS and actually pretty awesome it seems.

amar212

Ok, I will try to get answer again :)

Guys, Team Tactical > how many players? 4vs4 or 3vs3?

Also, which modes are in the rotation?

Thanx in advance.

Accident

amar212 said:
Ok, I will try to get answer again :)

Guys, Team Tactical > how many players? 4vs4 or 3vs3?

Also, which modes are in the rotation?

Thanx in advance.

4v4
Game types: TD, Domination, demolition, SD, CTF and kill confirmed

Victrix

*beard*
j-wood said:
So for those of you that have this early, is it worth the hype? Is it enough of a jump over mw2 and block ops to be worthy of a purchase?

It's a best of - if you're tired of MW, it's not going to do anything to bring you back

On the other hand, if you still love the core CoD gameplay, you're probably going to love this one - it's all of the fun stuff from MW1/2, less of the lame stuff, and a nice layer of polish on top of that.

Plus, double the rock music for leveling up your gun and your character :p

test_account

XP-39C²
My body is ready! Got this in the mail today :D (the 2 other copies are for friends).

ic8ohy.jpg

Is it safe to by connected to PSN while playing it? I've read that Microsoft have said that people shouldnt be playing their legally bought copies on Xbox 360 before release date. Or maybe that was just to play online (but is that even possible yet?).

Victrix said:
It's a best of - if you're tired of MW, it's not going to do anything to bring you back

On the other hand, if you still love the core CoD gameplay, you're probably going to love this one - it's all of the fun stuff from MW1/2, less of the lame stuff, and a nice layer of polish on top of that.

Plus, double the rock music for leveling up your gun and your character :p

Detailed impressions? Perks, weapons, killstreaks?

Radec

test_account said:
My body is ready! Got this in the mail today :D (the 2 other copies are for friends).

ic8ohy.jpg

Is it safe to by connected to PSN while playing it? I've read that Microsoft have said that people shouldnt be playing their legally bought copies on Xbox 360 before release date. Or maybe that was just to play online (but is that even possible yet?).

me jelly.

:(

aristotle

Anyone else wanting to get in the PS3 MW3 clan?

The list so far is:

GAF | PSN
Global: MW3NeoGAF
TacticalFox88 | NightBlade88
Kyoufu | Kyoufu
aristotle | xinoart
Radec | xtheEnemy
Xater | Xater
madmaxx350 | madmaxx350
The Last Wizard | Nighthawk17

Those of you I haven't added to my friends list yet, I will be doing so once I get home from work today. Since no one has said otherwise, I'll be starting the clan. If anyone disagrees, let me know. It's no big deal. I will have Elite though and I'll add everyone on my list to the clan as soon as I get back from the midnight launch.

I'd love to, but I've already been in a clan for over 30 year olds for the whole run of Black Ops. I'm totally jealous of the guys who were able to get this game early...I think I'd just be playing through the single player right now just because I know I won't be playing that for awhile otherwise!

The_Monk

Hi everyone, I was was wondering if the majority of people in here is getting the Call of Duty Membership or not?

Right now, there is only one reason I want this game: Multiplayer nostalgia. Because when I played the first MW1 on PC and PS3 and the MW2 on PS3 with friends it was such a great experience that nostalgia and remembering the good COD days is what put me on the edge.

Right now with Forza 4 on 360, Dark Souls, BF3 and UC3 on the PS3 I'm pretty set for a long time, but again, nostalgia is killing my curiosity.

Is anyone playing BF3 right now, among other non-FPS games and still getting MW3 on day one? I was very tempted to get the Hardened Edition but If I get MW3 will be the regular one. Getting that membership on PSN is an option but with so many games will there be time to all?

My final question is Balancing. I've not follow 100% but I know that the things I didn't like at all in MW2 are gone (Commando, Danger Close, OMA, Ump 45 w/silencer was too much, etc) So, how is balancing this time without those things? I think Quick Scope is back, right?

If you read all this, thank you very much ;)

aristotle

BigBlue1974 said:
I'd love to, but I've already been in a clan for over 30 year olds for the whole run of Black Ops. I'm totally jealous of the guys who were able to get this game early...I think I'd just be playing through the single player right now just because I know I won't be playing that for awhile otherwise!

34 here ;)

I can still add you unless of course you're going to stick with your other clan. let me know though. It wold still be fun to play some games with other Gaffers as well.

aristotle said:
Anyone else wanting to get in the PS3 MW3 clan?

The list so far is:

GAF | PSN
Global: MW3NeoGAF
TacticalFox88 | NightBlade88
Kyoufu | Kyoufu
aristotle | xinoart
Radec | xtheEnemy
Xater | Xater
madmaxx350 | madmaxx350
The Last Wizard | Nighthawk17

Those of you I haven't added to my friends list yet, I will be doing so once I get home from work today. Since no one has said otherwise, I'll be starting the clan. If anyone disagrees, let me know. It's no big deal. I will have Elite though and I'll add everyone on my list to the clan as soon as I get back from the midnight launch.
Do I need Elite? Because I haven't planned on getting it day 1 :/

aristotle

TacticalFox88 said:
Do I need Elite? Because I haven't planned on getting it day 1 :/

Nope. Since I have Elite, all of the perks for it (XP, Founder stuff, prizes, custom emblems, etc.) all trickle down to everyone in the clan. ;)

As a group we can work our way to earning extra stuff that you can't get if a person without Elite started the clan. It's a pretty cool idea I think.

S1kkZ

finished the story. it was pretty awesome, best campaign since mw 1. the ingame clock says it took me about 8 hours. if you have questions about the campaign: shoot.

Pranay

S1kkZ said:
finished the story. it was pretty awesome, best campaign since mw 1. the ingame clock says it took me about 8 hours. if you have questions about the campaign: shoot.

8 hrs huh ? Thats quite cool

can you just give a general impression ?

Mik2121

I just ordered the game online via Play-Asia (for western titles, kinda sucks to live in Japan). Hopefully they send it on Monday or Tuesday, or Wednesday as of very late. That way I would have it on Friday! (if they send it on Monday, I would receive it probably around Wednesday or Thursday).

S1kkZ

Pranay_ said:
8 hrs huh ? Thats quite cool

can you just give a general impression ?

it think its shorter than the clock says. but its over 7 hours on normal.
awesome setpieces, story is much easier to follow (i always had problems with the other cod games), loses a bit of steam torwards the end, looks much better than black ops and better than mw2. oh, also great soundtrack.

aristotle said:
34 here ;)

I can still add you unless of course you're going to stick with your other clan. let me know though. It wold still be fun to play some games with other Gaffers as well.

34 here as well. I played with a clan but was not a part of the clan until one of my close friends in the clan died in a MVA just over a year ago. He was pretty much the glue that held it together. I rarely see any of them online anymore....and that may also be due to the fact that they just were not into BLOPS as they were with MW1 and MW2.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Added

Gamertag & callofduty.com Username
1. CommonSense43, ProtoCents
2. backflip10019, backflip10019
3. Matts Legacy, Matts Legacy
4. jgminto, jgminto
5.DreamVsPS2/DreamVsPS2
6. Strider2K99, Strider2K99
7. The Japanator, The Japanator
8. cameltoe, cameltoe
9. Noriega, xGeneral Ice
10. Newmanizor56, Testoftide
11. Elev8ion, Elev8ion
12. Dance Inferno, ilnadmy
13. AlienShogun, AlienShogun

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
So, the "locking in" the price of Elite at 49.99 by preordering from the COD site through Amazon or the others. How exactly does that work? Anyone know?

protonion

I just finished the sp (regular) in 4:25!! Come on people.
It starts strong with some nice set pieces but after the first third the developers decided not to try anymore.

It bothered me that all the familiar characters became kind of annoying in this game. I was rooting for the bad guys after a while.

Imo BO>>>MW3>MW>>>>MW2. Have not played WAW.

Servers are not available so I cannot play the mp yet.

Danny 117

protonion said:
I just finished the sp (regular) in 4:25!! Come on people.
It starts strong with some nice set pieces but after the first third the developers decided not to try anymore.

It bothered me that all the familiar characters became kind of annoying in this game. I was rooting for the bad guys after a while.

Imo BO>>>MW3>MW>>>>MW2. Have not played WAW.

Servers are not available so I cannot play the mp yet.

Well, if you rate it better than MW1 it must be some sort of achievement. Right?

Right?

rance said:
You think the Black Ops campaign is that good? So bad, such a waste of an interesting era.
I know this isn't directed at me but I enjoyed the BO campaign. It could have used the whole espionage aspect of the cold war though. That would have been awesome.

Deadbeat

Banned
Not going near the PC version until impressions are made. I mean the only good thing we know is there is no quick scoping on PC.

Top Bottom