• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can anyone link me to the new Halo 2 trailer?

Trasher

I just saw it on TV, and I remember someone posting a shaky camera footage of it, but I want the real thing. Can you get this online yet?

PhatSaqs said:
easily one of the best game commercials ever. shit is rocknationage!

Amen!

Like I stated in the Halo 2 thread, this commercial along with the Guns N' Roses GTA:SA spot are two of the best I've ever seen. Un-fucking-believably cool stuff.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Hot commercial...I need this game.

Deku Tree

It's almost the same as that leaked vid from a few weeks ago except shifted. There is more beginning but the end is chopped of early. The prophet (?) speaking at the beginning rocks.

Deku Tree said:
The prophet (?) speaking at the beginning rocks.

count.jpg

Michael Wincott is the man!

Mason

Alright, I was not pumped for Halo 2 at all until about 10 seconds ago. That trailer was pretty bad ass. Still, HL2 is probably the only game I'm buying before the end of the year.

kaching said:
So it's not John Hurt?

According to the cast listing border posted and after listening to the voice several dozen times, I'm pretty sure it's Michael Wincott.

border said:
Major Characters:

Julie Benz - Darla from Buffy/Angel
Dee Baker - voice of Spongebob Sqaurepants
Keith David - black dude from Barbershop, Chronicles of Riddick, Pitch Black, guy that does the "No Power Greater Than X" voice-over
Miguel Ferrer - balding older DEA agent dude from Traffic, and legendary for playing FBI Agent Albert Rosenfeld role in Twin Peaks
John Michael Higgins - from Best In Show and A Mighty Wind
Ron Perlman - Hellboy, Alien Resurrection, Blade 2, Batman: Animated Series
Michael Wincott - Strange Days, The Crow, Dead Man, Alien Resurrection

Minor Characters (voices for marines and grunts and stuff):

David Cross - Mr. Show, stand up comedian
Orlando Jones - The Replacements, annoying 7-Up spokesman, had his own short lived talk show
John Kassir - voice of The Crypt Keeper and Buster Bunny
Brian Posehn - Mr. Show, Mission Hill
Laura Prepon - redhead from That 70's Show
Michelle Rodriguez - Resident Evil, Fast and the Furious, Girlfight

Bristow

Banned
Wincott is voicing that Covenant dude at the beginning. I think that's John Hurt saying the "There are those that said this day would never come....." line.

Subitai

Oh man that was too tight for words.

I mean you people who don't even care about the game are down with it. I'm startin to feel real worried about working the morning of Nov. 9th.

Trevelyon

"Ron Perlman - Hellboy, Alien Resurrection, Blade 2, Batman: Animated Series"

I hope Ron does more than a handful of lines, he was barely even noticeable in Riddick, even though his name was featured right after Vin's in the opening credits.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Bristow said:
Wincott is voicing that Covenant dude at the beginning. I think that's John Hurt saying the "There are those that said this day would never come....." line.

Yeah. That last line is definitely John Hurt.

Trevelyon

Well... alot of actors like to go uncredited, especially for VO work.

Anyways, it definitely sounds alot like him, I'd be very surprised if it wasn't him.

Well it also sounds a lot like Michael Wincott who is listed as part of the cast and I don't believe there are two different people doing the Covenant voice over in the commercial.

I think it's Wincott voice through the entire spot.

Top Bottom