• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can Concord terrible reception make a change in Sony investments in live service games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaizenkko

We all know that Concord would be a flop, I think that even Sony expect that (after the State of Play trailer), but all expectations was overcome. Concord managed to have less concurrent players on Steam than massive flops like Redfall, Skull and Bones and even Gollum. I think this is something historical.

In contrast of all that, next month Sony will release Astro Bot, a 4 years development game who looks like a true GOTY contender.

All that said, can Concord negative impact (and Astro Bot imminent success) make a change in Sony decisions about their next live service games? We know that they have cancel a lot of those games, like TLOU Factions, Twisted Metal, Spider-Man Multiplayer, etc, and Fairgame and Marathon (especially after the lastest rumors) don’t looks like big hits.

Tiago Rodrigues

Gold Member
At this point all these topics are talking about the same. Look on page 1 alone i'm sure there's at least 2 or 3 topics where this question could happen.

And the answer is still the same in all of them: no.

Sony has already in fact toned down on the gaas initiative before Concord anyway.

Diddy X

Gold Member
It's the only way forward, so no, they barely made any profit from big AAA single player games compared to what a successful LSG can make.

Unknown?

At this point all these topics are talking about the same. Look on page 1 alone i'm sure there's at least 2 or 3 topics where this question could happen.

And the answer is still the same in all of them: no.

Sony has already in fact toned down on the gaas initiative before Concord anyway.
Not to mention they haven't released many anyway so it doesn't matter what is unreleased.

Please see:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom