• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

Banned
EB games manager says nintendo rep told them there won't be preorders for wave 4 they'll just ship them and it'll be first come first serve.

Take with a grain of salt.

Lothars

I finally got all my wave 3 amiibos. I am missing some of the most common amiibos and the three of the 4 store exclusives.

I am thinking of paying the extra and getting the store exclsuive but going to hold off for a restock and see if I can get lucky. I really hope we are able to preorder wave 4.

espher

EB games manager says nintendo rep told them there won't be preorders for wave 4 they'll just ship them and it'll be first come first serve.

Fuuuuck that.

I'd rather they do a goddamn lottery system at this point.

i-Jest

Will only believe IF Nintendo said so in an official statement.

Koppee

Neo Member

Store manager at EB who I'm pretty good friends with also told me the same thing. She mentioned this quite a few weeks ago as well so prepare your pitchforks!

Lets hope EB doesn't pull that "Platinum card only gets first dibs" line up shit :p That pissed me off more than anything else.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
EBgames employee is the worst possible source for reliable info. Don't panic yet.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

I was told this during wave 1, but obviously something changed. I assume that having pre-orders is bad for business because they would rather create the "door crasher" feeling that stores like Toys R Us got during wave 3.
I'm just waiting for a chance before I just bite the bullet and go with the dude who set up the Facebook group to import from Japan.

Koppee

Neo Member
Everyone just call your local EBs and ask if they have heard if they aren't doing preorders for wave 4 : P

But yeah things could definitely change at any time, to be honest I find amazon a lot more reliable than EB because EB has such a short window for making the preorder. If its in store they let you preorder for the day unless they have like 1 or 2 allotments and online EB is just not possible.

Zing

Banned
I would love this. I was able to get every figure from wave 1 and 2 by simply walking in to a store on day 0. Wave 3, I walk in at opening on release day and every figure was already sold to preorders.

RaidenXZ

Hey guys! Just curious, is anyone selling any Shulk or Ike Amiibos by any chance? Preferably close to face value but I'm just trying to see what's out there

FUTURE SHOP DAMAGED ORDER UPDATE

So I got an email from the Customer Experience Associate Best Buy Canada & Future Shop (yes, that was his official title). They stated they did not have stock to replace the damaged Sonics and Megaman I received. This is different then what I was told a few days back by the CSR. The offered me a full refund and then I could purchase them again when they come back in stock. (gee...how nice of them) If they're going to come back in stock, why not just keep the order open and send the replacements when they arrive? A few days ago the CSR stated that they did indeed have stock to replace these with so I'm not sure what has changed.

So they stated they'll send a return label (why it wasn't already sent with that email is beyond me) so I can send the figures back (in a box I don't have because I had to actually cut out two corners of the box they shipped it in, they were wedged in there that badly). But on top of that they're asking for me to send pics of the damage. If I'm sending the figures back, they really don't need pics, they'd have them right in front of them. Now if they were offering me a discount and letting me keep the figures, that'd be different.

I've sent them a reply that very thoroughly expressed my displeasure with how these were packed, and how they have chosen to reply to the problem. We'll see what happens from here.

lionpants

Damn it EB Games! When they start their tweets with "NOW AVAILABLE:...", I get so excited that it will be about Amiibos, then I read the rest.

"... Dragonball Xenoverse... Rugby 15"

-.-

Brofield

I'm on pretty good terms with the staff at the EB games near me, I'll stop by on my way home and see if they also have any updates on the Wave 4 amiibo pre-orders, see if it lines up with what everyone else is saying.

lionpants

Update from Best Buy support about the damaged Meta Knight...
We are working on having these sent out today [Monday] or tomorrow [Tuesday] morning. The managers of the store location are being contacted to make arrangements and will contact you when the Meta Knight is available to exchange. When they contact you, you will be able to confirm with them the condition of the Meta Knight as well.
May be worth checking your local Best Buy.

Honestly, what I get from this "not taking pre-orders" thing is that it's EBGames decision to not take pre-orders for wave 4 and not Nintendo's... At least that's what I hope. Screw having to line up or F5 every retailers' site! :(

Kilvin

By the way guys, my uncle works for Nintendo and he told me that all the Wave 4 Amiibos will be Walmart exclusives in Canada.

Duran

Got an extra Mega Man in Vancouver. Will sell for $16 (cost) or if possible will trade for Lucario, or any Wave2 rares (I can add cash as well).

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Mega Man from Amazon.ca came in today. He's for a friend and thus ends my Wave 3 Amiibo orders. Wave 4 will be very light (looks like 2 right now), so my wallet is a bit more safe than it has been for a few months.

Seik

Banned
Big shipment from Amazon.ca just came in, I'm so glad they didn't fuck up! :D

DVhKYFS.jpg

Plus I got confirmation from EBgames that my Sheik and Bowser shipped AND same thing for Play-Asia with my Shulk. Wave 3 completed!

The collection is looking real good now....to the point that I almost have no shelf space left for these, DAMN! D:

zroid

Banned
Honestly, what I get from this "not taking pre-orders" thing is that it's EBGames decision to not take pre-orders for wave 4 and not Nintendo's... At least that's what I hope. Screw having to line up or F5 every retailers' site! :(
Well, I don't think it makes sense for Nintendo (if they can even do it at all?)

pre-orders help them gauge demand in advance so there's no downside for them that I can think of. as someone said, for the retailer if they expect to sell out anyway then perhaps it's better if they can bring in more customers through the door without pre-orders.

Maximus.

Thanks for the heads up for sonic and megaman. Had a change of heart and wanted them now.

On another note, I don't ever trust EB employees. The rare situation I shop there, they somehow always tell me bullshit, even when I don't ask any questions.

Top Bottom