• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

Taking longer then expected to negotiate Retailer Exclusive rights.

On a side note. That night that people thought amazon was going to get wave 4 pre-orders because of that screen cap of that chat... I contacted amazon myself that night and the person I spoke to said there was nothing in their database regarding it. And if there's nothing in there yet, then they haven't even been give a date from Nintendo.

Yeah the Twitter bot detected the Amazon JP ones going up. It wasn't a total bust for everyone.

I just wanna preorder everyone in Wave 4, except Charizard. Is that so much to ask? It`s gonna be hella difficult.

I just want Lucina and Ness and I'm already not looking forward to how difficult it'll probably be.

I don't envy all you guys who are buying more than a handful of these.

Seik

Banned
Just received my Bowser & Sheik today at my job! Only Shulk left! :D

Y3o5HiF.jpg

Also, I pretty much cleaned and replaced all the Amiibo on my shelves...looks tons better now.

61JfuBC.jpg

Anyone else preorder the Mario Party 10 Mario bundle on Wal Marts website?

Just in case. Hahaha.

It went up for the first time today and they deleted those tweets.

This is what I've become

CRA5H

FML.. I need to be able to preorder. I teach on Friday mornings and Nintendo always releases on Fridays. I guess I have to cross my fingers for some stores to break street dates.

isny

napkin dispenser
FML.. I need to be able to preorder. I teach on Friday mornings and Nintendo always releases on Fridays. I guess I have to cross my fingers for some stores to break street dates.

I definitely miss how it was back just a few years ago when Nintendo releases were always on the weekends (Sundays?) as that was the only time they knew kids would have time off to run to their local game store for the newest Nintendo release.

Folstern

Got my Shulk. Apparently the store had had it for awhile now and left a message on my phone to pick it up today. I applaud the restraint of those workers not to take it. Now that it is in my possession I doubt I'll be single for long when I pull this out in public.

i-Jest

http://myamiibonews.com/2015/02/gold...-twitter-page/

So that would be the second retailer that has stated they're not having pre-orders for future amiibo product. Things are getting interesting. Could you imagine the chaos if these things just go live all over the web and become available in stores. This...seems worse then what was already going on.

This is not going to be fun. Not one bit. I wonder what the reason behind this change is? Do they want more of these consumers to be in the actual retail space? Getting ZSS is gonna be like taking on the Labors on Hercules.

EDIT: Also keep an eye on the Amiibo trading thread for those that don't know. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=956791

c-murph

No preorders must be NOA way of battling the scalpers and getting the customers back into the stores. Stores will probably have to limit quantities on their own... Don't want 100 people showing up for Lucina when you sold them all to the first neckbeard that's been waiting in line for a week.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
No preorders must be NOA way of battling the scalpers and getting the customers back into the stores. Stores will probably have to limit quantities on their own... Don't want 100 people showing up for Lucina when you sold them all to the first neckbeard that's been waiting in line for a week.
I'm sure the retailers want the crowds. This is just everyone being an asshole and creating artificial demand for the sake of marketing.

There was that thread about that Nintendo of Canada guy leaving his job a few days ago. Maybe this is all his fault. :p

GtwoK

I'm sure the retailers want the crowds. This is just everyone being an asshole and creating artificial demand for the sake of marketing.

There was that thread about that Nintendo of Canada guy leaving his job a few days ago. Maybe this is all his fault. :p

???

Clov

Ah, so it's confirmed that EB isn't doing preorders? Nintendo is terrible. lol

Ugh, that's terrible. I hope that Amazon at least is doing preorders still.

Then again, I wonder if they'll even be able to fulfill them. Perhaps if Amazon is still doing preorders, I'll place them there, then line up at EB on day one to try and see what I can get. If I can get them at EB, I can cancel my Amazon preorder right after.

jholmes

A bit of a cross-post here but for a good cause: If you guys are bored F5ing for Wave 4, I'm giving away a bunch of Steam games you can play to while away the hours here.

Brofield

Only reason I'm okay with no pre-order is so misogynistic jerks like whats-his-face doesn't scoop up all the new amiibos at once.

Just need Charizard, and eventually Duck Hunt Dog and I'll be set for Smash Bros amiibos.

Additionally, still managed to score Sonic, gonna go pick him up in store tomorrow, so thanks for the PushBulletin!

Maximus.

I hope preorders are still good. I don't want to be running around looking for everything I need, unless there are no rare amiibos from Nintendo figuring out how to supply them.

Brofield

So...how are we all handling the meltdown?

Wal-Mart PR said:
Super Mario amiibo - Gold Edition available on March 20 exclusively at Walmart

REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Mario has always been golden in the minds of his fans. On March 20, Nintendo will launch the Super Mario amiibo—Gold Edition, a shiny gold-colored Mario figure that arrives on the same day as the Mario Party 10 game for the Wii U console. The Super Mario amiibo—Gold Edition will be sold exclusively at 3,000 Walmart stores in the U.S. at launch at a retail price of $12.96.

Nintendo’s amiibo are interactive toys that come to life in compatible games in different ways. This new golden figure represents the third Mario amiibo. The other two Mario amiibo are:
• The original ‘fireball’ Mario from the Super Smash Bros. series.
• A new ‘wave’ Mario from the Super Mario series available on March 20, for a limited time bundled only with Mario Party 10.

The new gold-colored Mario amiibo is compatible with multiple games that support amiibo. For example, Mario Party 10 features a new amiibo Party mode that players can only access by tapping their compatible amiibo figures on the Wii U GamePad controller to customize them and bring them into the game as board pieces. Players can also save items to their amiibo, then use them strategically. Or players can train their amiibo to supercharge its stats and expand its abilities in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U or Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS. The full list of compatible games and amiibo can be found at http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/compatibility.

Heaven forbid they clarify if it's exclusive to Wal-Mart Canada, or even coming up north at all.

So...how are we all handling the meltdown?

Heaven forbid they clarify if it's exclusive to Wal-Mart Canada, or even coming up north at all.

But they're not really clarifying. Will the gold one be bundled with the game or seperate? It's pictured on it's own card but they keep bringing up Mario Party 10.

Nevermind. I'm having a brain cramp. Clearly not going to be sold with Mario Party 10 since it's got it's own sale price. Ugh. This is going to be ugly.

levyjl1988

Banned
Just got an e-mail from Amazon.it.

Amazon.it just informed me of a new scheduled delivery date for Rosalina and Luma of March 16, 2015.

I preordered way back on January 8. I couldn't get the initial shipment of Feb 2-9. Then it went to unknown delivery date to a delivery date.

Looks like we're gonna get a batch of fresh new ones for EU and it seems like walmart.ca orders disappeared.

Amazon.ca cancelled my Rosalina orders a while back. I wonder if they will be getting another shipment even at all. Amazon.it never cancelled my order but amazon.ca did.

So it seems Canadians are out of luck again and the Walmart stock was just recent.
If anything the amiibos from EU will be constantly restocked while NA are limited. Strange...

So we have no idea if all stores will get it?

Fuck. 3,000 in the USA, how many in Canada? There are 3 Wal Marts close to me, what if only 1 gets it and we have no idea which?

Fuck this shit.

Begbie

Any idea if Gold Mario is exclusive to North America as the rest of the Mario Party line have gone up for preorders already overseas...

For fuck sakes, if this thing is really exclusive to the US I'm seriously considering being done with amiibo's. Country exclusives now, where does it end

zroid

Banned
For fuck sakes, if this thing is really exclusive to the US I'm seriously considering being done with amiibo's. Country exclusives now, where does it end

But that Wal-Mart Canada tweet? I'm sure it was deleted because they weren't supposed to talk about it yet, not because the info was inaccurate. They probably wouldn't have said it if it wasn't true.

I do have to say though...

Maybe it's just a photoshop mock up, and not a actual picture of the amiibo, but as Exclusives/Variants go...the Gold Mario is UGLY.

Top Bottom