• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

Its already out of stock too

So Wal-Mart Canada won't even be having pre-orders for it, this sucks as Pre-orders were my only shot of getting any at all

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Man, I'm so happy that I don't care about amiibos.

I've got a bunch of them, but I don't really care about collecting them all. Stuff like Gold Mario, which I think is pretty ugly looking, I've no interest in. We collect a lot of video game memorabilia, most of it Nintendo, so it's fun to pick up figures for the likes of Meta Knight and Sheik, as I don't have many other options. I've skipped on most of the common figures like Mario and Pikachu because of that.

levyjl1988

Banned
So Canadians getting the short hand of the stick when it comes to amiibos is because the Canadian dollar value is low? They would rather give more shipments to Europe and US?

Is that the reason?

hupla

Not too bummed i missed out on gold mario tbh i think its mostly kind of a lame amiibo and only exists to further artificial amiibo demand

Not too bummed i missed out on gold mario tbh i think its mostly kind of a lame amiibo and only exists to further artificial amiibo demand

Well it hasn't been made available to Canada yet. So unless you had access to it from the states you haven't missed anything...yet.

hupla

Well it hasn't been made available to Canada yet. So unless you had access to it from the states you haven't missed anything...yet.

I actually have a bud in the us i cooooooooooooooould have shipped to but like i said, not bothered. II dunno how i feel about lining up for this thing if canadian walmarts really dont do presale hahaha

I actually have a bud in the us i cooooooooooooooould have shipped to but like i said, not bothered. II dunno how i feel about lining up for this thing if canadian walmarts really dont do presale hahaha

Byron had a US address, but not a US credit card so he couldn't get it processed.

Begbie

Just found out my wife's American cousin's spouse was able to find me a Marth from her cousin in Germany.. woo hoo!

Now just Rosalina... still regret telling she didn't need to pickup Rosalina for me when I had my amazon order, that still stings a little

Yea it was totally out of nowhere!

Considering the tweet from Walmart Canada twitter? So are we now to assume that there will be pre-orders for Canada, or are they not going to allow it? Hell. Are we getting any at all? That announcement stated it was 3000 Walmart's in the states. It mentioned nothing of Canada.

Considering the tweet from Walmart Canada twitter? So are we now to assume that there will be pre-orders for Canada, or are they not going to allow it? Hell. Are we getting any at all? That announcement stated it was 3000 Walmart's in the states. It mentioned nothing of Canada.

Too many questions with no answers! *screams*

Spike

So we have no idea if all stores will get it?

Fuck. 3,000 in the USA, how many in Canada? There are 3 Wal Marts close to me, what if only 1 gets it and we have no idea which?

Fuck this shit.

Not 3,000 for the USA.

It's being sold in 3,000 Wal-Mart Stores across the USA.

For some reason, I don't think it is going to be as limited as most of us think. Wal-Mart is such a big entity, that I'm sure they will have ordered alot.

There are glow-in-the-dark Skylanders from the first game still cluttering the shelves at my walmart. I think you're probably right.

GET ON NINTENDO OF CANADA'S TWITTER AND ASK THEM ABOUT GOLD MARIO IN CANADIAN WAL MARTS - LETS DO THIS!

Everyone get on Twitter and ask Nintendo of Canada about Gold Mario in Canadian Wal Marts!

I have started! Do the same!!!
https://twitter.com/MannyCalavera12/status/571014884172951552

I don't expect Nintendo to respond. You should be asking Walmart Canada if there are going to be pre-orders like the states got. They said yesterday there wouldn't be. But be good to ask why the discrimination.

Also, I pretty much cleaned and replaced all the Amiibo on my shelves...looks tons better now.

61JfuBC.jpg

I see that you are making space for the Majora's Mask Skull Kid statue that I have for you here!

Top Bottom