• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Ah, of course Bowser and Toad from the Mario Party line go up on toysrus.ca the day after the sale ends. The $10 off coupon still works, but not quite as tempting as 4 for $30.

Just started collecting amiibo's and bought my first 9 through Toys'R'Us because of the 3 for $30 and 'cineplexholiday' code. It was a great way to get started!

Ah, of course Bowser and Toad from the Mario Party line go up on toysrus.ca the day after the sale ends. The $10 off coupon still works, but not quite as tempting as 4 for $30.

They were up early this morning (like 4am) and the deal was still working, so you could have! Including that $10 off promo code.

Toad Walmart Update

So just got off the phone with Walmart. My order has not shipped yet due to it being out of stock. So if you haven't received your Toads yet...that'd be why.

Are they getting more, or is it going to be an Amazon Rosalina situation?

They essentially said the order went to the vendor and the vendor was sold out. They'll continue to try to acquire stock. If it can't be acquired withing a couple of weeks, they'll cancel the order. Basically, if you see it somewhere else, best to get it instead of wait for Walmart.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
They essentially said the order went to the vendor and the vendor was sold out. They'll continue to try to acquire stock. If it can't be acquired withing a couple of weeks, they'll cancel the order. Basically, if you see it somewhere else, best to get it instead of wait for Walmart.
Ah dope. I forgot that I preordered it at EB, and I assume they probably sold mine by now. Ah well. Saved 15 bucks if the order doesn't come through.

I saw tons of SMB Bowsers sitting at Toys R Us yesterday. Are they rare?

Not really rare. There was a packaging error with the ones that went out to NA. Check a few pages back I posted a pic. Essentially they used there was a section of the packaging that had Japanese writing on it. So they had to ship them back to be repackaged.

Edit...here it is.

l3k74Iw.jpg

lionpants

Those cases seem pretty expensive. You getting them? I'm tempted.

EDIT: I pledged for 36, the other ones wont ship to Canada. Thanks DBB
for making me spend more money

Those cases seem pretty expensive. You getting them? I'm tempted.

EDIT: I pledged for 36, the other ones wont ship to Canada. Thanks DBB
for making me spend more money

lol You bought some? Yeah I thought they were rather expensive. If it was my collection and money, I might have. But it's my son's collection and his funds are going to the figures so protecting them will just have to come afterwards. It's no so expensive if you only need a few. But with the amount that's already out, and the ones yet to come...it's going to get costly.

When are they going into production (only skimmed the page). You'll have to give us an update on the quality when you get them in.

Blues1990

I'm just showing off the amiibo that I have in the Super Mario Bros. series. I was quite surprised with how there are very few paint errors these toys have (with the exception of Mario's left side-burn). Toad is practically impossible to find, however.

What's the time frame for returns at FS? Heading to Winnipeg this week and considering returning some things. Just wasn't sure what the time frame was on that.

Nevermind. Past the time frame. Though I did send back those SMB amiibos back yesterday to FS. I'm guessing they're all working out of the same return depot.

Edit: And oh Crap! One less retailer to get amiibos from.

Gah! Someone stop me. I'm looking at Disney Infinity 2.0 and considering getting it. Those Infinity figures are amazingly well done. And they're on sale this week at Walmart. And...so easy to get.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Gah! Someone stop me. I'm looking at Disney Infinity 2.0 and considering getting it. Those Infinity figures are amazingly well done. And they're on sale this week at Walmart. And...so easy to get.
You should totally buy all of them.

I'm so evil.

You should totally buy all of them.

I'm so evil.

Gah! Even the 2.0 starter bundle is on sale this week. I'd justify it by saying I can play it with my younger sons, but I just started Lego Batman 3 with them. I should have learnt my lesson from Skylanders. Then my oldest gets into Amiibos and the collector bug bites me all over again.

^^^ Insanity. It's what happens when there's downtime inbetween amiibo waves.

Kade

There's a swap meet in Waterloo tomorrow and I'm hoping that at least one of the vendors has Amiibos. I'll be very happy if I find Ike or Pit.

Brofield

There's a swap meet in Waterloo tomorrow and I'm hoping that at least one of the vendors has Amiibos. I'll be very happy if I find Ike or Pit.

I'll be driving through from Windsor to Toronto around 3 or 4, I too would like to know if I can stop by and find any amiibo vendors

Also, on another note, I have just acquired my second Captain Falcon (new, NA) that I bought by accident. Looking to trade for a Lucario, North America, Toronto region.

Kade

Where is it at? I'm in Waterloo and if I have time tomorrow I might check it out.

I'll be driving through from Windsor to Toronto around 3 or 4, I too would like to know if I can stop by and find any amiibo vendors

Also, on another note, I have just acquired my second Captain Falcon (new, NA) that I bought by accident. Looking to trade for a Lucario, North America, Toronto region.

http://www.waterloovideogameswap.com/

2001 UNIVERSITY AVE E, WATERLOO AT RIM PARK
12:00PM - 5:00PM

Is Toad likely to be out of stock / expensive for a while? I'm thinking to just order it from Yodobashi in Japan (I can either have it forwarded or brought here fairly easily) but it'd be a lot easier to just order one in Canada.

Is Toad likely to be out of stock / expensive for a while? I'm thinking to just order it from Yodobashi in Japan (I can either have it forwarded or brought here fairly easily) but it'd be a lot easier to just order one in Canada.

https://www.videogamesplus.ca/amiibo-toad-figure-super-mario-toy-p-22666.html

It's $19.99 for whatever reason. Seems they are upping the price because of the rarity. It's just $4 more than the new Canadian Amiibo price. So not too bad.

My two Gold Marios are now in Canada. They arrived at the border store on Wednesday and my wife's aunt was able to pick them up tonight.

I'll be getting them from her tomorrow. Woohoo!

Weiss

Banned
I kind of want to dump most of my amiibos and keep a few that I really like, but God knows I'm going to be right back in when Wave 4 comes out.

Need dat Robin.

tiijj

I kind of want to dump most of my amiibos and keep a few that I really like, but God knows I'm going to be right back in when Wave 4 comes out.

Need dat Robin.

I tried, I tried so hard but so far I haven't succeeded LOL. I wanna dump my extras but I'm waiting for wave 4 which is taking its time, I can probably use my doubles to trade for ness or the FE ones.

ohlawd

I don't understand the need to get rid of your amiibos when you don't wanna collect them anymore. have read this sentiment a buncha times

you could just, iunno, stop buying them and leave your current collection alone.

tiijj

I don't understand the need to get rid of your amiibos when you don't wanna collect them anymore. have read this sentiment a buncha times

you could just, iunno, stop buying them and leave your current collection alone.

It's good to have them all or just the ones that you really want. Getting rid of the amiibo doesn't mean getting rid of all of them. Although, if you don't like any particular ones then you can or might get rid of all of them but if you like all of them then I guess you cn leave the current collection alone. I guess it comes down to the individual lol. Oh, another one reason would be if you got rid of the ones that you dont like I guess you can get some cash off it, you can use that to help in the current and future price increase due to the falling dollar. This is the one's that are on top of my head. I'm pretty sure each individual has their reasons.

Completist mentality. It's a thing. When you can't get the full set, a partial set ends up not as appealing. I've dumped collections before because the thought of the work involved to get a complete set was overwhelming and daunting. Heck. I have a "complete" collection of Sideshow Muppet Busts. Some of them now fetch a price upwards of $500 (there's 20 in the set). I should be content. But sideshow made an inexplicable omission in the collection...no Floyd and it's bothered me since forever! Yeah there's no way they could make all the Muppets. But to miss Floyd and have Crazy Harry instead? Ugh. Heart...breaks. So yeah...I could totally understand people dumping their collections because they're not complete.

Kade

Waterloo Swap Meet was a success. Traded my sealed Metaknight for a sealed Ike and got a sealed NA Pit for $60. More than I was willing to spend but whatever.

TimeKillr

Ugh, this sucks.

The *only* Amiibo my gf wants is Rosalina, and everywhere I look it's 70$+...

My guess is nobody would be willing to part with one for a more reasonable price, would they?

zroid

Banned
It really doesn't look half bad.

But I think I'd rather take a regular Mario if I could only have one, and I can't justify buying two Marios.

Top Bottom