• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

Blues1990

Well this answers that question...

Man, this is just incredibly weird to think about. And, to think, I just picked up a Blu-Ray player at my local Future Shop, and some of the people who work there were incredibly awesome.

As for the amiibo hunt, I haven't had much luck with finding the Toad Amiibo. I just hope that when Waluigi, Daisy, Toadette, and Spike are later added, it won't be as problematic.

Brofield

Waterloo Swap Meet was a success. Traded my sealed Metaknight for a sealed Ike and got a sealed NA Pit for $60. More than I was willing to spend but whatever.

Damn, I couldn't leave early enough to check it out. I hope it was pretty cool. Amiibos aside, how were the other games on sale?

(I'm honestly looking to re-buy Conker because the cartridge I bought for $25 four years ago is now starting to die on me, and I have but the lowest hope that I could get a deal that good ever again.)

Kade

Damn, I couldn't leave early enough to check it out. I hope it was pretty cool. Amiibos aside, how were the other games on sale?

(I'm honestly looking to re-buy Conker because the cartridge I bought for $25 four years ago is now starting to die on me, and I have but the lowest hope that I could get a deal that good ever again.)

It was alright. They had VIP tickets and VIPs got to go in earlier than everyone else and from the chatter I heard when walking around for the hour or so I was there it sounded like the VIPs got most of the good stuff. I saw a few vendors buying lots and bundles from other vendors too but that's to be expected at these things. Of the 11 games I was looking for, I found 1 (EVO for SNES, box and all) and it was out of my price range. I'm just glad I found the Amiibos I've been after for a while now.

Walmart_zpsfg9kfkqb.jpg

So...

1) Order what you want

2) Top it off with whatever you need to hit that threshold

3) Return said filler to your local store for a refund.

I wonder if Toad is actually limited or whether it's just the resellers' preferred target for this wave (i.e. will see them on the shelves after the 30-day return window is up).

I wonder if Toad is actually limited or whether it's just the resellers' preferred target for this wave (i.e. will see them on the shelves after the 30-day return window is up).

I think it is a combination of demand from actual collectors (it is his first Amiibo so it is not a duplicate, the only non-dupe in the whole first wave of the SMB Line), and since that is the case scalpers have been buying him up a lot too.

However, he is basically uncommon at this point, almost semi-rare, but he hasn't been out long enough (only 10 days now) for restocks and such to give us a better idea of how his stock will be like over time.

Brofield

It was alright. They had VIP tickets and VIPs got to go in earlier than everyone else and from the chatter I heard when walking around for the hour or so I was there it sounded like the VIPs got most of the good stuff. I saw a few vendors buying lots and bundles from other vendors too but that's to be expected at these things. Of the 11 games I was looking for, I found 1 (EVO for SNES, box and all) and it was out of my price range. I'm just glad I found the Amiibos I've been after for a while now.

Ahh, that's a bummer, kinda stupid they would have divided people like that, but I guess selling their souls made a tidy profit for them. Still, I could only imagine how much some of the N64 and GC games must have been.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Negative. I tried this with my son's first few amiibos he wanted to open. You need a fairly high heat for the adhesive to give and by then your melting the plastic of the bubble.
A hair dryer is a poor substitute for a heat gun. It still may not work but it would be the best bet.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
If a hair dryer melts the bubble, you can surely bet that a head gun would do far worse.
It's about how long it takes to heat up the glue. A heat gun might be able to heat it up fast enough to melt the glue but not the plastic. You'd probably have to point the gun at the back of the packaging so the heat wasn't directly hitting the bubble. It still might not work but it would have a better chance than a hair dryer.

Sora_N

For the 2 of you that open their Amiibos, is there any way to remove the plastic without damaging the card portion?

I opened most of mine...eventually going to throw out the plastic but generally these are probably very hard to remove the plastic off only. You can cut it

GtwoK

Who is expecting Wave 4 pre-orders to go up tomorrow following the Direct?

My son has swimming lessons at 6:15pm. Fuck.

Highly doubt it. Retailers don't co-ordinate their website updates around when Nintendo puts a video online. They'll probably update sometime after tomorrow at midnight PST

Highly doubt it. Retailers don't co-ordinate their website updates around when Nintendo puts a video online. They'll probably update sometime after tomorrow at midnight PST

Not true.

The Majora's Mask and Monster Hunter New 3DS XLs became available right after the last Nintendo Direct.

I went to my local EB Games and was the first to preorder the MM one.

i-Jest

I'm expecting more details regarding wave 4 preorders. Maybe even a preview of who's in wave 5 (I'm a dreamer guys. Let me dream), More info on when the Marth restock is coming would be nice. News on the inevitable Amiibo cards that will replace figures going forward is something I'd like to know more about. I imagine it's cheaper for Nintendo to go this route but how will they implement it? This is something we;ll probably know more about closer to the end on the Smash Amiibo line anyway.

I'd like to believe, with all this downtime, Nintendo's put in the proper infrastructure to keep up with demand going forward. Well, at least, I hope that's the case because when Paluntena and ZSS are announced things are gonna get crazy then after.

lilty

I'm getting really paranoid about missing amiibo pre-orders tonight. Ness and Lucina are absolute priority for me. My back up plan is resorting to trading Shulk for Ness if I have to.

Top Bottom