• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

From Reddit - Toadsworth Custom

Pyx0HON.jpg

I just commissioned the guy on reddit to make me one. So pumped!

mdubs

Banned
Thanks. I made a resolution joke at the expense of the version of The Witcher 3 I was buying. It was stupid of me. xD

Eh don't stress about it, it's pretty much a rite of passage here. I got hit with a 2 day last month for making a dumb joke about people not thinking competition is good (the fact a lot of people responded to it obviously didn't help). I was glad nothing big happened in this thread while I was out :p

Hello fellow Canadian amiibo collectors!

Just wanted to say hello since I'm finally able to post(and hopefully contribute) in this thread instead of just lurking.

Wave 4 hype!

Hello fellow Canadian amiibo collectors!

Just wanted to say hello since I'm finally able to post(and hopefully contribute) in this thread instead of just lurking.

Wave 4 hype!

Hey! Welcome, friend! Let's all get ready for that Wave 4 pre-order madness. Many will fall. Some will come out victorious!

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

Brofield

This from a thread where someone spoke with a Nintendo rep with regards to Wave 4 amiibos

[QUOTE="D";157099669]- The westcoast port strike DIRECTLY affected Nintendo shipments for amiibo definitely. She said there are STILL January and February worth of amiibos on the shipping crates that have yet to be unloaded. The amiibos we DID get (like the previous wave of King Dedede, Sonic, etc.)..had to be delivered by air which cost them lots of money, which explains the shortage of certain characters. They of course don't plan on keeping that up.

- There will be a restock on older waves of amiibos, especially for rare characters like Wii Fit Trainer, etc. She explained they only made so many cause Nintendo thought the demand wouldnt be there due to the franchises for some of the characters being obscure, but she acknowledged they received TONS of emails from people that can't find/are looking for these characters...and the are trying to do what they can to get them out there but due to the port strike, a lot of those characters are still on the ships..in which cause she said to keep checking store for some of the older characters to appear.

- Wave 4 or 5 (whichever one it is I dunno) that has Ness and Charizard, etc, are having their release dates and preorders held at due to the port strike as WELL because Nintendo wants to make sure the situation with the strike will not affect shipments again and so they can gauge the market for demand, which will determine how many to produce. She said once most the cargo gets offloaded and everything is fine with everything and the market and they talk to retailers about stock, they'll announce.[/QUOTE]

tl;dr Port strike is everything's fault. Nintendo was competent, but blame people who want decent living wages and compensation for dangerous work. The twitter douchenozzle with all those Rosalina amiibos is free to pleasure himself with his dime-a-dozen figurines when everything is offloaded.

Also, after reading a few posts above me...

[QUOTE="D";157099669]- The Majora's Mask n3DSXL is absolutely gone. It truly WAS a limited edition release and there are NO stock anywhere in ANY warehouse and there are NO plans to restock whatsoever. Funny thing is she said retailers were informed about 6 months before its release and ordered accordingly. Chalk the scarcity to the retailers..cause they ordered how much they "felt" they were gonna need.[/QUOTE]

Jump on this if you can. Personally, I'm now holding out for the Xenoblade n3DS. If that doesn't happen...well, I'll just get the red n3DS and find a Monado skin for it.

The person who got the World of Nintendo metroid, the number you gave me isn't giving me much help with the TRU here.

Anything else you can give me?

ohlawd

LTTP but I got Peach amiibo (so much better than the Smash one) and Smash 4 CD

you guys weren't kidding about the packaging for the CD. little plastic slip lol

Haven't been paying any attention to importing foreign Amiibos, but are their prices always higher than NA retail ones? Thinking about getting some of the rarer ones (and don't care about keeping them sealed).

zroid

Banned
I don't think they will raise the price of amiibo SKUs which already exist at $13.99

that said... it's possible genuine reprints will be sold as a different SKU

I don't think they will raise the price of amiibo SKUs which already exist at $13.99

that said... it's possible genuine reprints will be sold as a different SKU

Why wouldn't they? It's a price hike do to a weak dollar. It's happening to games and systems, why wouldn't it happen to amiibos also?

zroid

Banned
Why wouldn't they? It's a price hike do to a weak dollar. It's happening to games and systems, why wouldn't it happen to amiibos also?

I don't think any games have had their prices retroactively increased

consoles is a different story, but consoles are already sold at razor thin margins (or at a loss)

Top Bottom