• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

Why wouldn't they? It's a price hike do to a weak dollar. It's happening to games and systems, why wouldn't it happen to amiibos also?

Retails already paid Nintendo for whatever is sitting on shelves now. Price hike would apply to future orders being placed. Gold Mario was probably placed sometime back in January or so, when the dollar was worse than the summer (Waves 1, 2 and 3).

I don't think any games have had their prices retroactively increased

consoles is a different story, but consoles are already sold at razor thin margins (or at a loss)

I could see that (keeping two different price points) confusing the customer and ultimately frustrating the retailer.

I could see that (keeping two different price points) confusing the customer and ultimately frustrating the retailer.

Good point, it would make no sense to have some amiibo on store shelves at 15.99$ and some at 13.99$.

Gold Mario would be fine since he's premium-ish but the rest would be confusing...

Maximus.

I don't think any games have had their prices retroactively increased

consoles is a different story, but consoles are already sold at razor thin margins (or at a loss)

Items are retroactively adjusted. Don't expect tiered pricing for amiibos.

espher

Amazon shipped me King Dedede a day ahead of the rest of my Super Mario Series order, as a separate order. They put it in a fairly large box, alone, and padded it with paper as they are wont to do.

The card is bent in half right along the bubble.

I am amazed at the frequency with which they can screw this up. I am worried about the Super Mario Series box due to arrive tomorrow.

On the plus side, my Toads from VGP arrived in fantastic shape.

Amazon shipped me King Dedede a day ahead of the rest of my Toad order, as a separate order. They put it in a fairly large box, alone, and padded it with paper as they are wont to do.

The card is bent in half right along the bubble.

I am amazed at the frequency with which they can screw this up. I am worried about the Super Mario Series box due to arrive tomorrow.

On the plus side, my Toads from VGP arrived in fantastic shape.

My amazon order for the full set was really well packed.

Iwata Says the Idea for Amiibo was Conceived by Him on a Train Ride

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/the-idea-for-amiibo-were-conceived-on-a-train-by-iwata/

Nintendo president Satoru Iwata explained to TIME how he first came up with the idea for amiibo while on a bullet train in late 2013, where he simply started to sketch figures that could connect wirelessly to Nintendo systems for use in games. Iwata explained how he continued to get more excited as the process moved forward because “It was something I believed would be completely new for us.”

Gold Mario Product Information for Wal Mart Canada

Gold Mario SKU: 0 45496 89205 0
WM in store item number: 31131978
WM online item number: 31130367

Start cLling your local Wal Mart(s) to get details! The person who posted this on Reddit said April 6th for online orders and the confirmed April 10th for in store availability.

tiijj

Oh man, Toys r us doesn't know what a packing material is. I picked up 4 and it was in a box that can probably fit 8. So it was loose inside which pretty much damage the packaging.

It's the cheapest right now but if you're keeping some or all in the package, I would suggest not to buy it off from TRU online. This one's probably my worst online ordering experience.

Gold Mario Product Information for Wal Mart Canada

Gold Mario SKU: 0 45496 89205 0
WM in store item number: 31131978
WM online item number: 31130367

Start cLling your local Wal Mart(s) to get details! The person who posted this on Reddit said April 6th for online orders and the confirmed April 10th for in store availability.

Conveniently, I am off work on the 10th.

That's also when Xenoblade 3DS hits and the Apple Watch preorders start.

Walletmaggeddon!

Regular Solo Mario SM Series Wal Mart Canada Product Info

SKU: 0 45496 89199 2
Online item number: 31130368
In store item number: 31131977

Online for this one has an effective date of March 30th, which is likely when it'll make an appearan

Regular Solo Mario SM Series Wal Mart Canada Product Info

SKU: 0 45496 89199 2
Online item number: 31130368
In store item number: 31131977

Online for this one has an effective date of March 30th, which is likely when it'll make an appearan

It was kind of a give that this would happen. I'm just surprised it happened so soon. Moral of the story, if it comes bundled with a game, and you don't really want the game...wait.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Yoshi MP10 Amiibo that I ordered for the free shipping on Gold Mario came in today. He's top tier level cute and is very clean looking. Not sure I'm keeping him, but the longer I sit here and look at him, the more likely it becomes.

MarkusRJR

So what's happening in regards to leaks of Silver Mario and the rumors of SMB Wario, SMB Donkey Kong, and SMB Rosalina? Are they likely to happen or was it all fake?

Gave up on the Smash series (beyond the few characters I really like) but I am planning to go for a complete SMB set.

So I got my son's SMB amiibos in from both Walmart and FS. Was hoping FS would price match TRU's deal, but they didn't. CS rambled on about it being a "bundle" when they sell their's individually. Try as I might to explain it wasn't a bundle, there was just no getting through. I was even nice enough to point out that if they didn't match, I'd just be sending these ones back and they would effectively LOSE money not just a sale (cost of shipping both ways). It made no impact.

So my son got to pick which ones lived up to his MIMP standards and I'm packing up the rest to send back to FS. Most of the good ones came from Walmart. FS did a better job packaging but...it's still a tight fit in the box they used. Edges of the packaging was split on a few.

The Bowser, is AWESOME. That is a great piece of plastic. I however wasn't fortunate enough to get any error packaging. Drats!

Speaking of which, he's back up on walmart.

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/super-mario-series-bowser-amiibo/6000191828649

purelunatic

Neo Member
So I got my son's SMB amiibos in from both Walmart and FS. Was hoping FS would price match TRU's deal, but they didn't. CS rambled on about it being a "bundle" when they sell their's individually. Try as I might to explain it wasn't a bundle, there was just no getting through. I was even nice enough to point out that if they didn't match, I'd just be sending these ones back and they would effectively LOSE money not just a sale (cost of shipping both ways). It made no impact.

I tried to price match at Walmart with no luck. Apparently they have a policy that they don't price match group deals. Which if you look at the find print on the price matching info it does say that. So they won't do a 3 for $30 kind of thing. But if Toy's R Us had them on for $10 each, then it would be fine. I'm surprised at the stupidity of the semantics to be honest.

Zing

Banned
If anyone in the Toronto area wants a mint, sealed North American Marth, I am looking to trade it for a used copy of Xenoblade Chronicles. PM if interested. I am looking to get a copy by this weekend one way or another.

If anyone in the Toronto area wants a mint, sealed North American Marth, I am looking to trade it for a used copy of Xenoblade Chronicles. PM if interested. I am looking to get a copy by this weekend one way or another.

Do you have a New 3DS XL?

The 3D version is out on April 10th, $44.99, you could wait for that?

Zing

Banned
Do you have a New 3DS XL?

The 3D version is out on April 10th, $44.99, you could wait for that?
I do, but there are a few reasons I have no desire for the 3DS version. Mainly, my girlfriend always enjoyed watching me play, so I'd rather have it on the big screen.

I had preordered the Wii version and even had the art booklet. I played it for a week and burned myself out doing almost every side quest in the first town. I shelved it until selling it on GAF last year. Now, I'm ready to give it another try. The game is actually rather easy to come by now, since it was reprinted in large quantities, however, the latest reprint has no manual! Lame.

I already have a tentative agreement for the trade I proposed. I'm hoping to be playing the game by Saturday evening. Thank you to everyone for your time here. :)

Top Bottom