• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

zroid

Banned
alright.... need Robin, Lucina, and Inkling... I want both Inklings but I'll probably just get one, they aren't different enough that I can justify having both for $16 each.

Uh, lots of places will be open tomorrow. People should double check their local stores. I know where I live(Western Canada), most stores will be open.

Most stores close on Good Friday. You can find news stories yearly stating what is open and close don Good Friday.

Entire malls close:

http://www.yorkdale.com/visit/hours/

Eaton Centre is open though: http://www.torontoeatoncentre.com/en/centreinfo/Pages/CentreHours.aspx as they are a tourist attraction. If you're in Toronto you can try preordering from there tomorrow.

I assume standalone stores will be open... too bad the only one near me is in a mall. Maybe this is a dumb Ontario thing.

They probably won't be. Even the one Bluth is talking about may not open. He just posted above.

I called them.

My location is debating opening up tomorrow morning for a couple hours to do pre-orders. So double check with your local stores!

Call first.

Walmarts close. Best Buys close.

Once in a while you will run across a store that manages to stay open but most places are closed tomorrow.

They probably won't be. Even the one Bluth is talking about may not open. He just posted above.

Call first.

Yeah there are 2 in town here, one is in a mall and definitely won't open since the entire mall will be closed. The 2nd one is a separate store so they are currently debating coming in tomorrow to do it.

Online pre-orders are confirmed for tomorrow!

Yeah there are 2 in town here, one is in a mall and definitely won't open since the entire mall will be closed. The 2nd one is a separate store so they are currently debating coming in tomorrow to do it.

And there we go.

It's going to be tough. Most people will be inside with nothing to do.

lionpants

Ontario? Which city?

Online pre-orders are confirmed from eb? And shipped to home or online orders for instore pickup?

FYI:

Most stores CAN'T open on certain days:

http://www.retailcouncil.org/quickfacts/storehours

Most retailers are NOT allowed to open during the following Holidays;

New Year's Day
Family Day (Third Monday of February)
Good Friday
Easter Sunday
Victoria Day
Canada Day
Labour Day
Thanksgiving Day
Christmas Day
Exempt from the act are book or magazine stores under 2,400 square feet with a maximum of three employees, pharmacies under 7,500 square feet, flower shops and gas stations.
Stores may also be open on these holidays if exempted under specific municipal by-laws for the development or maintenance of tourism. Any questions about tourism designations or local hours of retail operation should be directed to the municipal clerk's office in your municipality

Eaton Centre gets a pass under a municipal law:

[A. Former Metropolitan Toronto By-law No. 126-94
(Queens Quay West).
B. Former Metropolitan Toronto By-law No. 153-95
(Toronto Eaton Centre and the Hudson's Bay Company).
C. By-law No. 368-2002
(Downtown Yonge Street Business Improvement Area).
D. By-law No. 400-2004
(Bloor-Yorkville Business Improvement Area).
E. By-law No. 663-2005
(Distillery Historic District).

Blockbuster was always allowed to open because we were under the Theatres Act.

Clov

Saturday morning for preorders then? My local EB at Waterloo says that they have no idea when these preorders will go up. If you're sure about this, I might just go Saturday morning anyway.

lilty

Saturday morning for preorders then? My local EB at Waterloo says that they have no idea when these preorders will go up. If you're sure about this, I might just go Saturday morning anyway.

Last time I was in at Waterloo they said Gold Mario was still exclusive to Walmart...

Where was online preorders for tomorrow confirmed?

The 2 stores I called here in Thunder Bay, Ontario confirmed online pre-orders tomorrow and in store pre-orders first thing when they open on Saturday.

No details on when tomorrow for online.

I am sure we will see a Tweet from the EB Games Canada account anytime now.

Weiss

Banned
Called my Eb Games in Niagara Falls and they told me they aren't doing pre orders on Wave 4. Is this happening to anyone else?

ohlawd

Called my Eb Games in Niagara Falls and they told me they aren't doing pre orders on Wave 4. Is this happening to anyone else?

I've given up on calling my local EB Games for anything. No one there, not even the manager, knows shit

maybe I should just call a different EB.

Might be a District/Store Manager choice, they don't want angry mobs coming in.

Also they're not really supposed to tell people when preorders go up, they're instructed to tell people to follow EBgames on social media. The company just doesn't enforce it yet.

Might be a District/Store Manager choice, they don't want angry mobs coming in.

Also they're not really supposed to tell people when preorders go up, they're instructed to tell people to follow EBgames on social media. The company just doesn't enforce it yet.

This is true, however I know the people there and they always tell me everything.

i-Jest

So.......... who is Jiggs exclusive to here?!

In America? I think it's Target. Here? We'll that remains to be seen.

EDIT:

Someone remember to use Pushbullet, when preorders go up, so those of use that aren't checking the thread aren't left out of the loop.

DJIzana

Same with my local EB Games in Vancouver. I consider that a good thing if I can't pre-order online. Gives me the chance the day the Ness Amiibo releases.

mdubs

Banned

giphy.gif

Top Bottom