• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

Do not let EB cancel your pre-order!!!

EB has stated they will keep the list to ensure if they do get more stock they will go down the original list and honor that.

If you cancel then you likely will be removed from the list, and if you were in the first 5 in line, then it is a good idea to keep it in case they second a 3rd or 4th afterwards. This was the case with Shulk, my store took pre-orders for 7 but only got 2 on release day but were able to fulfill them all over the course of a month.

amiiboCanadaGAF - Daily Update - Monday April 13, 2015

Since we are still on the same page, I updated the post from yesterday and added items. I have added a time and date as to when the websites with pre-orders/sales were last tested to make sure they are not sold out.

Items of note include Pac-Man and the Splatoon 3 Pack now being Sold Out on Amazon Canada and the addition of the YesAsia alerts for Wave 4. I also added the placeholder page for Greninja on TRU Canada. Marth and Shulk are Sold Out on PlayAsia as well.

See above or the link to the single post:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=159808531&postcount=8257

For some people's new page!

I got the EB call...

Looks like all my Wave 4+Splatoon amiibo are safe...except for Robin and Lucina. I was second in line and they are asking us to CHOOSE either Robin or Lucina.

Really annoying because they are getting 4 of each, so they could easily supply the first 4 in line (my good friend and I were 1st and 2nd) but would rather us share....

I told them I didn't have an answer yet and would let them know. Part of me wants to fight this BS....I didn't get there at 7am and wait 2.5 hours to share with the people that got there later. Ugh.

I got the EB call...

Looks like all my Wave 4+Splatoon amiibo are safe...except for Robin and Lucina. I was second in line and they are asking us to CHOOSE either Robin or Lucina.

Really annoying because they are getting 4 of each, so they could easily supply the first 4 in line (my good friend and I were 1st and 2nd) but would rather us share....

I told them I didn't have an answer yet and would let them know. Part of me wants to fight this BS....I didn't get there at 7am and wait 2.5 hours to share with the people that got there later. Ugh.

You should really fight this stupid choosing thing.

Harusame

I got the EB call...

That's really unfortunate. The struggles are indeed real...

I got the EB call...

This, as you said, is complete BS. Instead of making 4 customers happy (who went out of their ways to be the firsts in line) and the rest unhappy, they are making every one unhappy. People who preorder want them all, not just half of them!!!!!

Fight it Byron!

Harusame

The store manager I know at the EB I pre-ordered at said that Nintendo is able to supply 33% of the pre-orders that EB Games Canada took.

Holy fuck if true
Yeah, the store manager said something along the same lines as well. The only difference is that he stated that Nintendo was only supplying 20% of the pre-orders that they took.

Yeah, the store manager said something along the same lines as well. The only difference is that he stated that Nintendo was only supplying 20% of the pre-orders that they took.

Yeah it was like 33% for all of Canada and it fluctuated between 20-30% depending on the store and the amount of pre-orders they took.

I got the EB call...

Talk to the district manager. And if that doesn't help...talk to his supervisor.

ENDLESS LOOP!!!

What the hell is wrong with EB games site? There's still adapters there. I can't check out!!! Select billing address, card, agree to terms and it just loops me right back!!!

Sold out. I may as well get a MayFlash adapter since it has PC support as well.

Says, it's in stock for me, but everytime I proceed to checkout it reloads the checkout page, so I guess it's effectively out of stock.

ENDLESS LOOP!!!

What the hell is wrong with EB games site? There's still adapters there. I can't check out!!! Select billing address, card, agree to terms and it just loops me right back!!!

Same thing for me. I assume it's out of stock.

The store manager I know at the EB I pre-ordered at said that Nintendo is able to supply 33% of the pre-orders that EB Games Canada took.

Holy fuck if true

I think that 33% is too high of a number, at least for Lucina and Robin. With an average of what seems to be 4 per store, it must be more like 10% for them and less in big centers. I can believe the 33% if it includes the fact that they can cover all the less popular ones.

Yeah, finally got further in the checkout and I have only one adapter in my cart and it's telling me to lower the quantity because they don't have enough in stock. The page isn't updated, it's actually out of stock.

Edit: Nevermind, I tried again and got an order through.

I think that 33% is too high of a number, at least for Lucina and Robin. With an average of what seems to be 4 per store, it most be more like 10% for them and less in big centers. I can believe the 33% if it includes the fact that they can cover all the less popular ones.

Yes it includes Wave 4+Splatoon, so I am sure those commons are helping bump up the numbers.

On a per store basis it is ranging between 20-35% fullfilment

tiijj

That's the third or fourth time I missed the GC adapter in the last few days. This was the closest one I've been, where it showed In Stock on the page.

Draysoth

Did a 2nd call - you guys scared me! Just barely made it, they are only getting 2 Robins and 3 Lucinas, but they didn't force me to choose. Thank god my EB isn't being stupid with the choice since I was 2nd!

Well, I got the call.

The manager said that her store got five Robin/Lucina and that I didn't make the cut.

The thing is... I'm convinced I was the fifth person in line. I brought this to her attention and asked how close I was to making the cut. She said she didn't have that info at the moment... which is dubious.

I asked her ... A) Did any pre-orders go to employees? B) Did you fulfill orders alphabetically or in the actual order they were placed?

She said all employee orders were the first to be canceled and that the orders were fulfilled in the order they were placed. She said that head office is working on some kind of compensation discount.

I asked if I would "keep my place in line" if I kept my order open (in case they receive extra stock), but she wouldn't guarantee anything. ("We try to do this, but can't make any promises"). Really?? How hard is it to keep a priority list based on when an order was placed? I'm going to keep my order open in case more are shipped, but based on this reply, I'm not keeping my hopes up.

I thanked her for the information, but said I wasn't happy that she couldn't tell me what number in line I was. I told her I would call back on Wednesday and that I would expect her to have this information by then, otherwise I will escalate.

Ugh. Save us BB.

Well, I got the call.

The manager said that her store got five Robin/Lucina and that I didn't make the cut.

The thing is... I'm convinced I was the fifth person in line. I brought this to her attention and asked how close I was to making the cut. She said she didn't have that info at the moment... which is dubious.

I asked her ... A) Did any pre-orders go to employees? B) Did you fulfill orders alphabetically or in the actual order they were placed?

She said all employee orders were the first to be canceled and that the orders were fulfilled in the order they were placed. She said that head office is working on some kind of compensation discount.

I asked if I would "keep my place in line" if I kept my order open (in case they receive extra stock), but she wouldn't guarantee anything. ("We try to do this, but can't make any promises"). Really?? How hard is it to keep a priority list based on when an order was placed? I'm going to keep my order open in case more are shipped, but based on this reply, I'm not keeping my hopes up.

I thanked her for the information, but said I wasn't happy that she couldn't tell me what number in line I was. I told her I would call back on Wednesday and that I would expect her to have this information by then, otherwise I will escalate.

Ugh. Save us BB.

Did you talk to the manager or an employee? The employee might just have been given a list of people to call. I would try to speak to the manager ASAP.

If you read my story, I was 4th and got bumped to 5th because of the 2 cash registers open. I am waiting on news from customer support, as the manager told me to escalate to them.

What say you other amiiboCanadaGAF folks?

For what it's worth, I tried to fight it and failed. You got the same call I did. You're in the same zone I am based on earlier in the thread.

You might be more lucky. Or maybe you have more perseverance.

I used the "they should have gotten there earlier" bit re: other customers wanting to be happy. And I mentioned almost verbatim what someone else said up there that they should rather keep 4 people satisfied than 8 people partially angry. It got me nowhere. I was unable to contact the DM.

I too was second in line at my store. Good luck and I hope you have more luck than I did.

Top Bottom