• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

Can't people just share whatever the BB "news" is with the rest of GAF?

It's not like the Gamer's Club get first dibs on the amiibo, right? (...right??)

The problem was opening up pre-orders on the long weekend. It's like they just went "okay they're in the system let's just open it up to pre-orders and deal with it on Monday". Website crashed, stores got too many pre-orders, no limit enforced.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Can't people just share whatever the BB "news" is with the rest of GAF?

It's not like the Gamer's Club get first dibs on the amiibo, right? (...right??)
Of course it'll be posted here, people with the newsletter may just make their orders first before posting about the news.

1GabUp

My brother has received confirmation that he will have no Lucina AND no Robin... He was ahead of me in line... Ridiculous... How is this possible?

1GabUp

I really don't know who is more awesome, ebGames or Nintendo.

But seriously, what's is so hard to cover all preorders? Nintendo clearly knows the level of demands for these figurines. By covering all preorders, Nintendo would reduce a lot of frustration. There is no logical explanation why Lucina and Robin can't be covered, but Ness is.

tiijj

I really don't know who is more awesome, ebGames or Nintendo.

But seriously, what's is so hard to cover all preorders? Nintendo clearly knows the level of demands for these figures. By covering all preorders, Nintendo would reduce a lot of frustration. There is no logical explanation why Lucina and Robin can't be covered, but Ness is.

Ness is EB exclusive so they might have more since they are the only ones who carry it here
compared to robin and Lucina which are allocated to other stores.

1GabUp

Ness is EB exclusive so they might have more since they are the only ones who carry it here
compared to robin and Lucina which are allocated to other stores.

In any case, I really hope that we will all succeed in finding them in other stores.

ohlawd

you can check in store preorders on eb's site, right? my eb recently moved and their phone ain't working. don't wanna drive all the way there just for an amiibo checkup

two questions. is line what I think it is; the position I was in when I placed the order? and how about quantity; if it's a non-zero value, that means I'm getting it?

you can check in store preorders on eb's site, right? my eb recently moved and their phone ain't working. don't wanna drive all the way there just for an amiibo checkup

two questions. is line what I think it is; the position I was in when I placed the order? and how about quantity; if it's a non-zero value, that means I'm getting it?

If you have many preorders in one transaction they will be line 1,2,3 and so forth. I always have quantity 0 while my items are on preorders.

amiiboCanadaGaf - LINE

I've put together a LINE chat and alert groups. Send me a PM if you want to join! Just include your LINE username.

Please ensure you send your actual username and not the public handle/screen name. Had some issues with this and sent replies back to your PM if I encountered this issue.

It is a great chat service. Alerts help a lot when being away. So you would get an alert of ZAVVI preorders for instance, as a text message. I never used it myself before amiibo and now I love it. You will love stickers. Trust me. There is a chat group and an alert group. Feel free to post preorders and restocks in the alerts and keep all regular discussion in the chat. Usually you turn notifications off on the chat and leave it on for the alerts. So when you get a LINE notification you know it's for a preorder and such!

I am part of the LINE alerters for the main amiibo OT. So all bases are covered here and you can help alert too!

Google LINE for all the details. Available on pretty much anything, mobile being the focus for on the go alerts.

I've caught up on all requests from PMs as of last night and there are none outstanding in my inbox. However, as noted I am waiting for usernames on some.

From the BB forum...

U1nvqaO.jpg

How retarded are some of those packers?

lionpants

I just got called from the 2nd store I went to for backup preorders. They can't honor Lucina & Robin. I expected this because I arrived about 30 minutes after they opened.

Hopefully my preorder at the first store I went to (2nd in line) is good, no call yet!

Talked to the DM this morning of my district.

I forgot that Thunder Bay is lumped in with the Winnipeg Area district and not Ontario, which is good. Meaning their preorders are not part of the shit show in Southern Ontario (Eaton Centre etc).

Anyone in the Winnipeg area get details?

He said this his district is still going through and making decisions.

Calls should be going out Monday and Tuesday.

From the BB forum...

U1nvqaO.jpg

Wait. They folded the card over? That's just blatant. What a bunch of...

I forgot that Thunder Bay is lumped in with the Winnipeg Area district and not Ontario, which is good. Meaning their preorders are not part of the shit show in Southern Ontario (Eaton Centre etc).

I think Manitoba stores are the ones that are forcing people to choose one or the other saying they can't have both.

MarkusRJR

Still haven't received a call yet and I was there 30 minutes prior to opening (where I found the store already opened early). Am I safe or no?

Edit: Well I totally missed the Bryon's post above mine lol. Guess I still have 3-4 days to wait. Best Buy better not sell them online before then. :(

tiijj

From the BB forum...

U1nvqaO.jpg

Ouch man, I feel your pain. I had the same experience with EBGames. EB doesn't even have pre-paid return and "Store return policies may vary and are subject to manager approval."

EDIT: oh, it's not yours? that's great for you, I guess lol

Still haven't received a call yet and I was there 30 minutes prior to opening (where I found the store already opened early). Am I safe or no?

Edit: Well I totally missed the Bryon's post above mine lol. Guess I still have 3-4 days to wait. Best Buy better not sell them online before then. :(

I'm so confused. Why aren't people just calling the store that they placed the pre-order at? At the very least, you find out you're good and don't have to stress about placing another order elsewhere. Or you find out your not good, and start F5 every site around.

*shrugs*

Oh my...backward lists?

http://www.reddit.com/r/AmiiboCanada/comments/328od4/some_ebgames_may_have_their_lists_in_the_wrong/

According to Mark Guérin on the Amiibo Club Canada Facebook group:
"LAST MINUTE NEWS: DO NOT TAKE THE CANCELLATION. I REPEAT DO NOT TAKE THE CANCELLATION MOST EBGAMES LIST WERE IN THE WRONG ORDER AND THEY WILL NEED TO CALL BACK EVERYONE SOON. p.s.: This latest news comes from 3 different ebgames manager and they learned it on their regional conference call yesterday in between 12pm and 2pm."
It seems to be correct as a few have posted that they're actually getting their Lucina and Robin after the mix-up. However if you ordered and were actually 4th+ in line, chances are you're still out of luck. But this is good news for those that were 1st-4th in line that were told their order was unable to be fulfilled.
Source: https://www.facebook.com/groups/amiiboclubcanada/permalink/1560802714192254/

I'm so confused. Why aren't people just calling the store that they placed the pre-order at? At the very least, you find out you're good and don't have to stress about placing another order elsewhere. Or you find out your not good, and start F5 every site around.

*shrugs*

Oh my...backward lists?

http://www.reddit.com/r/AmiiboCanada/comments/328od4/some_ebgames_may_have_their_lists_in_the_wrong/

Bwahahahahahaha

They fucked up the preorder cancellation cancelations? Also none should be cancelled? There should be a list for first priority if they get new stock. Are they telling people this?

To be honest I'm really surprised they are not using platinum edge cards as priority. I'd almost pay the price just to get them to stop asking if I want their warranty plan.

Got the call from EBGames for "pick one" myself just now. Seemed hilariously bullshit, called four other stores and checked with their managers, they all parroted the same shit.

Waited out in line for this?

Fuck these things. With a hose.

And a rake.

I am Winnipeg. :\

MarkusRJR

Just got my call saying that I didn't get any Fire Emblem Amiibo despite being there before the store opened and with no one else but me there at open. Said I'd receive a 20% off coupon for any in store Amiibo and that I'd still get Ness, Charizard, and Pac Man. Winnipeg btw.

Not entirely sure how that's possible unless employees bought some or they sold a few on Thursday night before close. Pretty annoyed right now, but at least I still have Ness (which was my main worry). Guess I'll be trying to get Lucina and Robin on BB when they get available.

Never buying from EB again due to this mess though, unless there's an exclusive there that I want. How a store that pushes pre-orders 24/7 can't properly do pre-orders is beyond me. Fuck Nintendo for not making enough stock and fuck EB Games for messing up both online and in-store pre-orders.

Just got my call saying that I didn't get any Fire Emblem Amiibo despite being there before the store opened and with no one else but me there at open. Said I'd receive a 20% off coupon for any in store Amiibo and that I'd still get Ness, Charizard, and Pac Man. Winnipeg btw.

Not entirely sure how that's possible unless employees bought some or they sold a few on Thursday night before close. Pretty annoyed right now, but at least I still have Ness (which was my main worry). Guess I'll be trying to get Lucina and Robin on BB when they get available.

Never buying from EB again due to this mess though, unless there's an exclusive there that I want. How a store that pushes pre-orders 24/7 can't properly do pre-orders is beyond me. Fuck Nintendo for not making enough stock and fuck EB Games for messing up both online and in-store pre-orders.

I'd contact the district manager if I were you.

MarkusRJR

Ask the store. If they refuse, let them know you'll find out and will be telling the DM that they refused to give you the number. Then just call a different store.
As a non-argumentative person, that is like 5 times the effort I want to exert over Amiibos. I'll just lodge a complaint over their FB page and not shop there.

Got the call from EBGames for "pick one" myself just now. Seemed hilariously bullshit, called four other stores and checked with their managers, they all parroted the same shit.

Waited out in line for this?

Fuck these things. With a hose.

And a rake.

I am Winnipeg. :\

When did you get the call? You have to pick Robin or Lucina?

I was second in line so this is likely for me.

As a non-argumentative person, that is like 5 times the effort I want to exert over Amiibos. I'll just lodge a complaint over their FB page and not shop there.

Here...

http://mfisurvey.marketforce.com/GameStopCA/IndexCC.aspx?Culture=en-CA

Go through that and make sure you click the box that says "I want to be contacted by the District Manager.

I went ahead and contacted ebgames on the phone and that was the link they rep provided for me.

Byron by this linkedin add...

https://ca.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/15741756

it seems that the DM covers T-Bay and the Peg. You may want to go through the link above if you don't ask your store directly.

isny

napkin dispenser
All are still available. All except Ike are at cost. Looking to make a bit of money on Ike, not used to being a poor student, boo =/

Ike
Sheik
Sonic
Toon Link
Mega Man x2

All are still available. All except Ike are at cost. Looking to make a bit of money on Ike, not used to being a poor student, boo =/

Ike
Sheik
Sonic
Toon Link
Mega Man x2

Post Ike in the BST thread if you're looking for that. The others are pretty much at cost deals since they're all commons/uncommon

Sorry for the late response, I've been playing Bloodborne.

I got the call at 10AMish local time, and again at 11:15ish since I wasn't home to take the initial call.

They told me that I could pick one, of either Lucina or Robin. I had both preordered (along with Ness). I was second in line, two hours before the store opened, last Saturday. I called the other stores and spoke to the managers and they said they were doing the same thing.

I did not speak to the DM. Am I understanding it right in that you did? Did they give you the same spiel?

Edit: To elaborate. I spoke to one manager (like the third I called) at length. He said everyone who preordered both Lucina and Robin are getting a call to "pick one or the other" so that "more customers get at least one of what they wanted". When I told him the other customers should have gotten there sooner, I was given a resigned sigh. The third manager was the only one who spoke at length to me about how angry he was at the situation. The others gave me the "that's what is happening right now" thing with the "pick one" policy and basically got me off the phone ASAP. I have no idea what the fuck is legit, what is coming down from corporate, what is local only, or any of that. But this is the experience I had this morning.

Kind of really bummed about it.

Sora_N

I canceled my Splatoon Amiibos along with Lucina and Robin. Not giving EB extra money other than Ness and Charizard.

They fucked up and offered shit.

Kilvin

Still no call for me, I'm going to play the no news is good news routine.

I didn't have time to pop into the store today.

Sealtest

Has anyones online orders been cancelled? Besides having doubles.

I'm wondering if I should keep my backup splatoon 3 pack or not.

Top Bottom