• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

MarkusRJR

my ebgames hasn't received the cancellation list yet

dude was very quick to put the blame all on Nintendo tho
Yeah that happened during my call too. Something along the lines of Nintendo not being able to supply all the orders they took. Y'know, completely glossing over the fact they just kept taking pre-orders throughout the entire Saturday (and Friday if your stores were open then) with no limit despite prior waves having small amounts.

mdubs

Banned
Yeah the guy at my EB was pretty quick to put the blame on Nintendo when I suggested it was kind of crappy that corporate left all the in-store people out to dry. Didn't feel like arguing so I didn't respond, but I don't see how this in any way isn't EB's fault entirely

Sora_N

I didn't argue because nothing's gonna happen at the store level, unless the DM or corporate do something then it won't matter.

amiiboCanadaGAF DAILY UPDATE

Updated and All Links Last Tested: 10:28am EST - Monday April 13, 2015

LIST OF REMAINING CANADIAN WAVE 4+SPLATOON OPPORTUNITIES

Amazon Canada - AVAILABLE NOW
-Splatoon Inkling Boy and Girl are still available for preorder (Splatoon 3 Pack and Pac-Man NOW SOLD OUT)
-Inkling Girl: http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00VHWMJWC/
-Inkling Boy: http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00VHWMKEY/
-Possible restocks closer to launch (unlikely)

Wal Mart
-In store on launch day
-Online preorders (or launch day/week only)
-Rumoured retailer for Jigglypuff exclusive in Canada

Videogamesplus.ca
-Online preorders

The Source
-In store on launch day (very hit or miss)
-Online preorders (or launch day/week only - hit or miss as well)

Best Buy
-Online preorders
-In store on launch day

Toys R Us
-In store on launch day
-Online on launch day/week
-GRENINJA PLACEHOLDER PAGE - http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=62616606

Chapters
-Online stock (launch week/day) - likely all commons

archambault.ca
-Online preorders launch day/week

Please quote and add more! For hope!

I edited this with people's suggestions. I added day/launch week TRU online sales, removed EB Games entirely and added Chapters and archambault.ca

Given the recent and incoming cancellations don't lose hope!!! Those are the many opportunities left for Wave 4 and Splatoon.

amiiboCanadaGaf - LINE

I've put together a LINE chat and alert groups. Send me a PM if you want to join! Just include your LINE handle. Please make sure you are sending me your actual username and not your public screenname/handle. Some have sent only the public name and I've let those people know.

It is a great chat service. Alerts help a lot when being away. So you would get an alert of ZAVVI preorders for instance, as a text message. I never used it myself before amiibo and now I love it. You will love stickers. Trust me. There is a chat group and an alert group. Feel free to post preorders and restocks in the alerts and keep all regular discussion in the chat. Usually you turn notifications off on the chat and leave it on for the alerts. So when you get a LINE notification you know it's for a preorder and such!

Lets all help keep each other alerted! All are welcome to post alerts in the alert group! Keep chat in the chat group and the alert group is alert posts only.

Google LINE for all the details. Available on pretty much anything, mobile being the focus for on the go alerts.

I've caught up on all requests from PMs as of this morning.

CURRENT ALERTS

PLAYASIA RESTOCKS AND WAVE 4

Ships to Canada, Japanese versions. Average $25!USD per amiibo plus shipping

Restocks
Marth - SOLD OUT

Shulk - SOLD OUT

Lucario - http://www.play-asia.com/amiibo-sup...ure-lucario-re-run-paOS-13-49-en-70-8pzj.html

Ike - http://www.play-asia.com/amiibo-super-smash-bros-series-figure-ike-re-run-paOS-13-49-en-70-8pzh.html

Fox - http://www.play-asia.com/amiibo-super-smash-bros-series-figure-fox-re-run-paOS-13-49-en-70-8pyr.html

Wave 4
Pac Man - http://www.play-asia.com/amiibo-sup...ure-pac-man-re-run-paOS-13-49-en-70-8q07.html

Wario - http://www.play-asia.com/amiibo-sup...igure-wario-re-run-paOS-13-49-en-70-8pzx.html

Charizard - http://www.play-asia.com/amiibo-sup...e-charizard-re-run-paOS-13-49-en-70-8pzz.html

YesAsia - WAVE 4 and Wave 3 July 2015 Restocks

http://www.yesasia.com/us/search/amiibo/0-0-0-q.amiibo_bpt.48-en/list.html

Ships to NA. $25 CAN per amiibo, free shipping if you purchase 2 or more. Japanese versions, shipping in July.

GOLD MARIO
Online sales were popping up all weekend, no live ones currently but keep an eye here or on LINE alerts. If looking in store EB Games and Toys R Us had them available in store. TRU received many more, so that would be the best option at this point if there are any left.

Thanks to all the great alerters here and let's hope for new opportunities this week!

You guys think there's a chance of lucina popping back up on amazon.ca?

Looks above! Many more opportunities to fill the gap left by incompetent EB.

Best Buy is your best upcoming bet. I'm guessing preorders next week given the email that went out that there would be amiibo preorders soon.

not that I care but I don't know why this thread is in community when the regular canadian deals thread isn't :lol

It is odd. I think it is because there are 3 threads that are on the front page of Gaf regularly (this one, EU and the main OT).

The OT has over a million views so it's not like it has become its own community and has moved on like Destiny or MMOs. With more amiibo releases coming up and new ones that will be announced it seems odd to move it. Plus your point that Canadian Gaming Deals hasn't been moved.

mdubs

Banned
not that I care but I don't know why this thread is in community when the regular canadian deals thread isn't :lol

I think they collectively decided to move all the amiibo threads to community. Makes sense anyways not to have 3 threads continually at the top of gaming news I guess.

This thread is more fun than Canada Gaming Deals at any rate

tsundoku

my ebgames hasn't received the cancellation list yet

dude was very quick to put the blame all on Nintendo tho
"Because uh Nintendo wasn't able to give us enough preorders to fill all of the preorders and uh..."
Can't say I blame the peons for not having any excuses. Should be corporate office calling and cancelling.

If we can hope for anything maybe they took preorders to have a bargaining chip with NoA to show the actual demand for amiibo in NA.

"Because uh Nintendo wasn't able to give us enough preorders to fill all of the preorders and uh..."
Can't say I blame the peons for not having any excuses. Should be corporate office calling and cancelling.

If we can hope for anything maybe they took preorders to have a bargaining chip with NoA to show the actual demand for amiibo in NA.

I agree so much. I would love for EB Games Canada to go to NoC and say here is the demand. Please meet it. Show them how many people they are screwing

An update on my previous situation (was 4th in line, but 5th when called)... I went to see the manager with my friend who was 3rd, manager confirmed that I was 4th in line, but 5th by time. The guy behind me only ordered the FE amiibos, so he finished the transaction at the other clerk faster. They already contacted him saying he would get them, so nothing the manager can do.

He told me to contact customer support and that he would back up my story...

Sigh!

An update on my previous situation (was 4th in line, but 5th when called)... I went to see the manager with my friend who was 3rd, manager confirmed that I was 4th in line, but 5th by time. The guy behind me only ordered the FE amiibos, so he finished the transaction at the other clerk faster. They already contacted him saying he would get them, so nothing the manager can do.

He told me to contact customer support and that he would back up my story...

Sigh!

This is the incompetency that goes beyond Nintendo and is solely on EB games. Many posts here, on LINE and on reddit like this. Not to mention the alphabetical lists they used instead of by time too.

Lots of fuck ups.

nesteaplunger

Neo Member
Anyone in Vancouver have a spare NIB Samus to sell at MRSP?
Having trouble finding her and I also have a spare NIB toon link if you want to trade for that.

Brofield

They gave out tickets for Lucario. The tickets stopped being given out at the person right before me. There were 24 or so at my store.

When did you line up? I'll order a spare while standing in line, and cancel it after I get it in my hands, but this is getting ridiculous. Bloody hate these retailer exclusives.

N° 2048

What a stupid stupid way of selling things.

So I'm supposed to miss work and line up 6 hours early for a fucking 15 dollar plastic toy?

Going to have to tell my little bro I can't get this one for him.

I hope it goes online but even then it'll probably be at like 3:48am on a Wednesday.

Just talked to the EB Games I pre-ordered at. They are going on a conference call with their DM this afternoon around 1pm EST. Looks like I should find out sometime this afternoon.

I was second in line...hoping for the best!

What a stupid stupid way of selling things.

So I'm supposed to miss work and line up 6 hours early for a fucking 15 dollar plastic toy?

Going to have to tell my little bro I can't get this one for him.

I hope it goes online but even then it'll probably be at like 3:48am on a Wednesday.

Lucario went live on the website shortly after stores started selling him, it was sometime between 9:30am-10:30am on Lucario's launch day of Friday February 6th.

I am guessing it will be the same, hopefully.

amiiboCanadaGAF - Daily Update - Monday April 13, 2015

Since we are still on the same page, I updated the post from yesterday and added items. I have added a time and date as to when the websites with pre-orders/sales were last tested to make sure they are not sold out.

Items of note include Pac-Man and the Splatoon 3 Pack now being Sold Out on Amazon Canada and the addition of the YesAsia alerts for Wave 4. I also added the placeholder page for Greninja on TRU Canada. Marth and Shulk are Sold Out on PlayAsia as well.

See above or the link to the single post:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=159808531&postcount=8257

Sealtest

So how do fillers work with toysrus? I'm not 100% sold on Lego dimenions but if I were to bundle it in with greninja amiibo on the 29'th to get free shipping would I beable to cancel it sometime after?

So how do fillers work with toysrus? I'm not 100% sold on Lego dimenions but if I were to bundle it in with greninja amiibo on the 29'th to get free shipping would I beable to cancel it sometime after?

Word of warning. I had a filler placed with my lucario order and there was no added packaging inside the box. Lucario was just bouncing around in there. If you're going to add something, I'd make sure it's relatively the same size, and not too heavy. A game is likely your best bet.

Sealtest

Word of warning. I had a filler placed with my lucario order and there was no added packaging inside the box. Lucario was just bouncing around in there. If you're going to add something, I'd make sure it's relatively the same size, and not too heavy. A game is likely your best bet.

I'd make sure my filler is a preorder so it avoids this, Unless I decide it's time I finally gift myself the ecto-1 Lego.

tiijj

I ordered 4 amiibo's from TRU and they didn't put any packaging material at all, it was bouncing inside the box. It damage all four of course. The box can fit, I would guess around 8 amiibo.

I'd make sure my filler is a preorder so it avoids this, Unless I decide it's time I finally gift myself the ecto-1 Lego.

Ha! I wasn't even aware that they did pre-orders. In that case... I see no reason why you wouldn't be able to just call them up and tell them you've changed your mind or found it somewhere else cheaper.

EB Games drama continues, apparently someone posted on Facebook that they were paying off a manager to make sure they got their Wave 4 pre-orders above anyone else.

Someone posted it to the EB Twitter and they are now "investigating".

https://twitter.com/CarversKnife/status/587029884389593088

If you're paying someone off, why the fuck not just buy from a scalper if it's that important to you? Can't imagine someone risking their job for a few bucks, so I'd imagine the amount would've had to have been fairly substantial.

Well, just got my Ebgames call! My store gets 4, I was 7 and showed up 30 minutes in advance that day. I knew that it was a good idea to get a haircut after my preorders, trip not entirely wasted!

Edit: Do they cancel the preorders or they just mean that they know they won't have enough for you on release day? If it's straight cancellation it means they know they will NEVER get more Lucina or Robin?

tsundoku

Well, just got my Ebgames call! My store gets 4, I was 7 and showed up 30 minutes in advance that day. I knew that it was a good idea to get a haircut after my preorders, trip not entirely wasted!

Edit: Do they cancel the preorders or they just mean that they know they won't have enough for you on release day? If it's straight cancellation it means they know they will NEVER get more Lucina or Robin?
Well yeah it was because a week later you now have to go back to get the money they essentially fraudulently withheld from you which was always going to be a distinctly large possibility so you could have gotten the haircut then.

You should have cut the line instead of getting your hair cut...

Sorry...

Would have worked better! Haha!

Well yeah it was because a week later you now have to go back to get the money they essentially fraudulently withheld from you which was always going to be a distinctly large possibility so you could have gotten the haircut then.

Oh, I still have a Ness I will transfer my money to. Forgot about it for a second, was too focused on Lucina...

Top Bottom