• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I was driving when my phone got an alert. I looked down and saw it was from Line so I pulled over and quickly put in an order for Jiggly. I then thought about our BB orders maybe getting cancelled so I made another one with Jiggly + Lucina + Robin + SMB Mario (to get free shipping). I assume I need to cancel my first order so they don't fuck me over for making two orders?

PS anyone not using the Line alerts is missing out. Thanks Byron.

Sealtest

So was it one per order or one per account?

I dont think there was a limit. I saw somewhere someone bought 3 puffs. I also bought one single then made a new order and bought another one + lucina,robin,wario and pacman with no problem. But I also called 2 minutes later and had them cancel my single order.

I dont think there was a limit. I saw somewhere someone bought 3 puffs. I also bought one single then made a new order and bought another one + lucina,robin,wario and pacman with no problem. But I also called 2 minutes later and had them cancel my single order.

Cancel? WHY!?!?!?

The pain of watching it and not being able to do anything ate away at my soul.

Reddish when will you know for sure?

On the 29th I guess :-/

I made an order with 4 puffs for free shipping and for fear of missing out.

Then I made another order with Robin, Lucina and 2 puffs with the intention of canceling the other one(I will most likely keep it now).

(I'm also expecting an EU one)

If wal-mart doesn't cancel any of my orders then I will have some extras for people who missed out if it never comes back up.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I got hit with an OOS email on Lucina and Robin, although I ordered probably right on the line since I was adding a Jigglypuff as well and that seems to be "in stock" for me. Poop.

Then I made another order with Robin, Lucina and 2 puffs with the intention of canceling the other one(I will most likely keep it now).

If wal-mart doesn't cancel any of my orders then I will have some extras for people who missed out if it never comes back up.

<--- Son needs Jiggly Puff.

tiijj

Hello friend. Lol. Share your fortune to those in need. Namely me lol

mdubs

Banned
Sweet lord, you step away from the computer for half an hour and miss out, this wave is absolutely cutthroat. Good thing I have my EU Lucina ordered, but damn

Showtime13

Neo Member
long time follower and appreciate all the updates posted on here! Had the same thing with jiggly happen to me, in the cart ready to check out and them BAM out of stock. This may be the final straw for me, definitely tapping out soon enough only wanted to collect the smash series being a loyal Nintendo fan from when I was a kid. This sh!t is getting crazy now though. Only three missing Jiggly, Robin, Lucina from having them all.....swearing under my breath for missing out.

Can you put aside a Lucina, Robin and Jiggly for me?

Apparently this popped up on fb...

11178294_10155536451140171_8880735195992372310_n.jpg

Guess I should note the guy ordered 1 Jiggly Puff with this order.

Fuzzy

Sweet lord, you step away from the computer for half an hour and miss out, this wave is absolutely cutthroat. Good thing I have my EU Lucina ordered, but damn
Smart phones are your friend. If it wasn't for that + Line I would've missed out because I was driving when they went up and they were OoS before I got home.

So we are using Line now and not PushBullet? How do I join Line?
amiiboCanadaGAF - JOIN US FOR LINE CHAT AND ALERTS

I've put together LINE chat and alert groups. Send me a PM if you want to join! Just include your LINE handle. Please make sure you are sending me your actual username and not your public screenname/handle (I can't find you using that name). Some have sent only the public name and I've let those people know.

It is a great chat service. Alerts help a lot when being away. So you would get an alert for Best Buy preorders for instance, as a text message. I never used it myself before amiibo and now I love it. You will love stickers. Trust me. There is a chat group and an alert group. Feel free to post preorders and restocks in the alerts and keep all regular discussion in the chat. Usually you turn notifications off on the chat and leave it on for the alerts. So when you get a LINE notification you know it's for a preorder and such!

Lets all help keep each other alerted! All are welcome to post alerts in the alert group! Keep chat in the chat group and the alert group is alert posts only.

Google LINE for all the details. Available on pretty much anything, mobile being the focus for on the go alerts.

I've caught up on all requests from PMs as of this morning.
http://line.me/en/download

I was driving when my phone got an alert. I looked down and saw it was from Line so I pulled over and quickly put in an order for Jiggly. I then thought about our BB orders maybe getting cancelled so I made another one with Jiggly + Lucina + Robin + SMB Mario (to get free shipping). I assume I need to cancel my first order so they don't fuck me over for making two orders?

PS anyone not using the Line alerts is missing out. Thanks Byron.

Dude stop using phone when driving, it's dangerous. I once almost got into accident because the driver (who is my brother in law btw) decided to look at his phone to check new text message

Fuzzy

Dude stop using phone when driving, it's dangerous. I once almost got into accident because the driver (who is my brother in law btw) decided to look at his phone to check new text message
I wasn't using my phone while driving, it was sitting in my cup holder and when I got the alert I pulled over and put in the orders.

EDIT: Funny thing is that I pulled into a WM parking lot to make the orders. :lol

Smart phones are your friend. If it wasn't for that + Line I would've missed out because I was driving when they went up and they were OoS before I got home.

http://line.me/en/download

My phone was on but on the table. When I grabbed it to check something and turned the screen on, that's when the line alert popped with a sound alert, 30 minutes late. I don't know which setting I am suppose to change for it to make a sound and alert me while it's not in use...

tiijj

I have 999 jigglypuff in my cart which totals $18,016.77

Why won't it let me check out. Lol

That really sucks for me lol

The bad thing about no limit is the scalpels. The good thing is other people can order more than one which might be good since they can trade it instead of choosing to keep it or not.

I could take 3 more names for Jigglypuff...

The last person will get an EU one.

And don't forget to notify me if you manage to pre-order one(it could be another gold mario situation).

Edit: I have Byron, DBB, tiijj and jitterbug so far

Fuzzy

Just checking Reddit and someone is saying WM.ca cancelled multiple orders for Gold Mario. Is that true?

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Yep, this is what I got for my Robin and Lucina. We'll see what happens... if people made orders with more than 1, I'm not going to shed a tear if those get cancelled... but I don't think Walmart really cares?

tiijj

I received something similar to that when I ordered the gc adapter. This was around a month after its release. I think I received an email saying that they can't get anymore or can't fulfill it a week or so after I got that.

As of this moment I'm going to have an extra Lucina and Robin come the 29th. If anyone is interested in trading a Ness (NA or EU version, don't care) for one, shoot me a PM so we can make arrangements. :)

BigMoneyPapi

Neo Member
Greetings fellow amiibros, I've been following this thread for months and finally got my account validated! First order of business, I was wondering if anyone in the GTA would be willing to trade a shulk or ike for my golden mario?

stolin

I could take 3 more names for Jigglypuff...

The last person will get an EU one.

And don't forget to notify me if you manage to pre-order one(it could be another gold mario situation).

Edit: I have Byron, DBB, tiijj and jitterbug so far

Add me for Jigglypuff if there's overflow or anyone bails....

Why aren't you on LINE with us?

1) I have a crappy cell phone
2) Because I have a crappy cell phone, I rarely have it charged or on
3) I've been meaning to get a new cell phone.

All that being said, I was laying face first on a table having needles poked into the back of my neck and shoulder...probably wouldn't have been an ideal time to do some online shopping.

Ok so here's the complete list:

Byron Bluth:
- Jigglypuff
- Robin
- Lucina

DeathByBacklog:
- Jigglypuff

tiijj:
- Jigglypuff

jitterbug:
- Jigglypuff

stolin: