• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

levyjl1988

Banned
They charge when they ship. They charge shipping on the first shipment (mine was a single Marth). I had ordered some back-ordered/shipping in 3+ weeks amiibos (Pit and Captain Falcon), which they still have not and will most likely not ship, but they don't cancel it.

Strange because they charged me right away. It had an unknown delivery time. I however couldn't wait so I cancelled my orders. Apparently after I e-mailed them to make sure my card wasn't charged they removed the products from their website. Guess they weren't gonna get a resupply of those amiibo.

I forget where I read about it originally, but here's a pic

new-marth-amiibo-jpg.jpg

supposedly whoever took this is from australia

Oh boy, there's quite the noticeable difference. Still looks strange to me. Not sure I like either lol, but I'll take it. I just hope we hear something soon on the Marth reprints for Canada.

ahdurian

finally got some Amiibo from NinNin games

Definitely not shopping there again though, since they charged me a month before they shipped this, and still have me charged even though they haven't sent me Rosalina, Metaknight and Lucario due to being on backorder.

payment only at shipping my ***

these are all JPN Amiibos btw
507830f8-4f24-470a-9928-c59b21594752_zpsmtqqpwar.jpg

More impressive than the Final Destination display I posted?

Well...more practical. ;)

Would this be the reprint or the original? I'd prefer the reprint.

Most likely the reprint

Brace yourself. The these reprints getting new sculpts it may very well solve nothing. Collectors (and scalpers) won't know which will have more value and these will likely still fly off the shelves. Not to mention those who don't know there's a difference between the sculpts. Here's hoping Nintendo had the sense to MASS produce them.

ahdurian

was tempted to get those cases...but then i thought
"what if i don't buy 50-100 Amiibos?"
and also
"what if I buy more than 50-100 Amiibos?"
and just ended up not backing it

Just don't keep them exposed to sunlight all the time or they will fade =/ I use light filtering shades, keeps the room lit without any harsh direct light (also keeps people from looking in at my loots)

lionpants

was tempted to get those cases...but then i thought
"what if i don't buy 50-100 Amiibos?"
and also
"what if I buy more than 50-100 Amiibos?"
and just ended up not backing it
Ya, I was worried about running out of cases for future Amiibo. It looks like they're going to open up a web store though, so that shouldn't be a problem.
Just don't keep them exposed to sunlight all the time or they will fade =/ I use light filtering shades, keeps the room lit without any harsh direct light (also keeps people from looking in at my loots)
I've been worrying about that since they're close to the window. I think they should be fine though since they're not in 100% direct sunlight. I may have to look into the filtering shades you speak of. Any links?
Wow. Very cool. How's the quality?
Quality is great, the plastic is a few millimeters thick and they are very sturdy. The lid clips closed with a little tab. The best thing (besides keeping them protected from the dust generated by our dogs) is that they're sturdy enough to allow stacking!

ahdurian

guys, so I've posted this on previous Amiibo threads before, but thought I'd do it again because another issue just came up

Don't order from Nin-nin-games.

So back when Rosalina/Luma, MetaKnight, Shulk and Lucario were announced as store exclusives, I decided to try their site because I thought it would be easier than hunting for them early in the mornings and such
I've ordered all four off of them from Nin-Nin, and thought "okay cool. i don't do in-box collecting so it's fine". They're only supposed to charge at time of shipping, and it was going at (almost) retail price on their site at the time, so I figured it'd be all good.
End of February comes and I get a shipping notice, and they charge my card, so I'm thinking everything goes fine. But a two weeks go by...three weeks...four weeks...and nothing. no package or any follow-up from a shipping company.
So I e-mail them close to the end of March, and ask them "where my amiibos at? you charged me and I still don't have anything". Their response is that "they were out of stock, so I'm on backorder".
So I asked them if they could uncharge my CC because it should only be charged at time of shipping, and since they didn't actually ship anything to me, I shouldn't be charged.
No response.
Three weeks later, I ask them for an update, if they got any new stock in. Now they're saying the case is too old that they can't refund me, but are giving me store credit for their site, which I don't even want to use anymore because of this whole incident. I feel like If I order anything (and they only things I want from their sites were the Amiibos), that I would get screwed over again.
This isn't the first time they did this to me, as back when Wave 2 was released, they tried to pull this same crap, but ultimately refunded my money two days after starting a complaint.

tldr; don't shop nin-nin; charged card when nothing was shipping (Against polcy) and won't refund/respond

guys, so I've posted this on previous Amiibo threads before, but thought I'd do it again because another issue just came up

Don't order from Nin-nin-games.

So back when Rosalina/Luma, MetaKnight, Shulk and Lucario were announced as store exclusives, I decided to try their site because I thought it would be easier than hunting for them early in the mornings and such
I've ordered all four off of them from Nin-Nin, and thought "okay cool. i don't do in-box collecting so it's fine". They're only supposed to charge at time of shipping, and it was going at (almost) retail price on their site at the time, so I figured it'd be all good.
End of February comes and I get a shipping notice, and they charge my card, so I'm thinking everything goes fine. But a two weeks go by...three weeks...four weeks...and nothing. no package or any follow-up from a shipping company.
So I e-mail them close to the end of March, and ask them "where my amiibos at? you charged me and I still don't have anything". Their response is that "they were out of stock, so I'm on backorder".
So I asked them if they could uncharge my CC because it should only be charged at time of shipping, and since they didn't actually ship anything to me, I shouldn't be charged.
No response.
Three weeks later, I ask them for an update, if they got any new stock in. Now they're saying the case is too old that they can't refund me, but are giving me store credit for their site, which I don't even want to use anymore because of this whole incident. I feel like If I order anything (and they only things I want from their sites were the Amiibos), that I would get screwed over again.
This isn't the first time they did this to me, as back when Wave 2 was released, they tried to pull this same crap, but ultimately refunded my money two days after starting a complaint.

tldr; don't shop nin-nin; charged card when nothing was shipping (Against polcy) and won't refund/respond

Did you consider doing a charge back with your credit card company?

I've been worrying about that since they're close to the window. I think they should be fine though since they're not in 100% direct sunlight. I may have to look into the filtering shades you speak of. Any links?

http://www.lowes.ca/blinds-shades/c...ltering-cordless-cellular-shade_g1190583.html

Every now and then they have 50% off custom shades, they cut them to size for you on the spot, I got the "snow" coloured ones. They look really nice, keep things bright and private

Zing

Banned
The gang is all together.

The funny thing is, it's taken so long for this to happen that I no longer care. These are up for sale either on GAF or Kijiji.

I also nabbed a Ness.

Also up for grabs.

The slow trickle of these have made my interest fade. I just want Palutena, Greninja and Jigglypuff to even out my teams, then I'm out.

Sora_N

The funny thing is, it's taken so long for this to happen that I no longer care. These are up for sale either on GAF or Kijiji.

I also nabbed a Ness.

Also up for grabs.

The slow trickle of these have made my interest fade. I just want Palutena, Greninja and Jigglypuff to even out my teams, then I'm out.

I feel the same way. I didn't even pay amiami yet lol.

I also nabbed a Ness.

Also up for grabs.

How much for the Fire Emblem set?

ahdurian

Did you consider doing a charge back with your credit card company?

yeah, i'm gonna contact my bank on this, because it's so freaking bs that they are only contacting me for a refund two months after I initially asked them about the issue
i'd rather have my money back than buy on their store again

No, all of Wave 4+Jigglypuff is going up for pre-order on Wal Mart Canada's website on Friday May 15th at 9:00am EST

Greninja will be 10:00am EST on the TRU Canada website on launch day, Friday May 29th, 2015.

Ah. Must have got them mixed up. But now that you say that, it makes sense.

Weiss

Banned
Special thanks to Brofield for driving out to Hamilton to swap his Captain Falcon for my Lucario.

I still have one boxed Lucario left, so if anybody wants it, shoot me a PM.

This isnt helpful to anyone lol but in Taipei travelling and was able to snag a Charizard, Ness, Dedede and Pacman for $20 each. Just wondering if I should pick up Wario or not. Also found Lucario for $30 but cant decide if thats worth it...

Brofield

Special thanks to Brofield for driving out to Hamilton to swap his Captain Falcon for my Lucario.

I still have one boxed Lucario left, so if anybody wants it, shoot me a PM.

Shout out to Weiss for trading a Lucario for a mistakenly double-purchased Captain Falcon.

10/10 would trade amiibos again

Had some time to crack open the handful of Amiibos I bought a month ago. They actually are pretty weighty and a decent size. Sucks that I'll have to shell out a lot more for the rarer ones, but I think they're worth their retail price.

Not North America -- the place where all your amiibo dreams come true

Fixed.

SMOG-097

Neo Member
Yesasia fucking canceled my WFT and Villager. Fuck them. They didn't even offer me anything.

I am surprised people are surprised, when they open up pre-orders for 2 weeks when everyone else sells out in 15 minutes, you had to suspect something would go wrong.

Condolences however.

Top Bottom