• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I noticed Amiibo at my local SDM today. They had a dozen on hand, but they were all Smash Mario, Luigi and Peach. If they pick up a little more variety, even of the common ones, I could see myself buying them from there to tack on to a 'spend $50 for 20x points' sort of of promo.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...se_when_it_can_remedy_amiibo_stock_nightmaren

However, we are very sorry that we can't promise at what point we will likely be able to resolve the current situation because figures such as these require a considerable amount of time to produce, store shelf space is limited and it is difficult to precisely predict the exact amount of overall demand.

Skylanders are in abundance. Disney Infinity are in abundance. Nintendo didn't invent a wheel here. Shortage is either deliberate, or Nintendo is incompetent.

And in other news...

https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/598110486006243328 ***UK***

CEzqUWGWEAABOGF.png

At my local bestbuy they have an entire wall dedicated to amiibo yet every peg is empty aside from a few peach/mario/luigis. I don't know why Nintendo hates North American money so much.

Seeing those American target numbers is just sad, are we really supposed to be excited about getting 5-20 of them per store without a restock?! No wonder the first guy in can wipe an entire store stock out in 5 minutes and have them up on ebay.

tiijj

Ganondorf/ZSS weren't with Palutena and Dark Pit originally, were they?

Also, since Yoshi's Wooly World has a release date and those yarn yoshi amiibos have been dated for June 26th, are they already available for pre-order?

They were available for preorder at amazon uk and germany I believe (and maybe other amazon in EU).

Zing

Banned
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...se_when_it_can_remedy_amiibo_stock_nightmaren
Skylanders are in abundance. Disney Infinity are in abundance. Nintendo didn't invent a wheel here. Shortage is either deliberate, or Nintendo is incompetent.
The thing that makes their comment absurd is that every other region has had more than enough of every wave to not only keep stock on their retail shelves, but to supply online sales to desperate North Americans. What the hell are they doing?

tiijj

The thing that makes their comment absurd is that every other region has had more than enough of every wave to not only keep stock on their retail shelves, but to supply online sales to desperate North Americans. What the hell are they doing?

damon baker might say something like: north americans might get confuse with the number of amiibo selection (the new 3ds is confusing enought) so we'll just give you plenty of mario and peach so that you don't have to worry your little heads, we made the decision for you lol.

Anyone here able to order me on from Amazon Canada and ship to me in the US? I'd of course cover the expenses and a few extra bucks your way.

Renewed

Oh my goodness, I added to cart on instinct then realized I was doing it for an amiibo I don't even want.

Someone save me ;-;

Sealtest

Just got mine so I'll be expecting some sort of cancellation email for it.

Guess watching the arrow season finale might've doomed me.

Zing

Banned
I'm not falling for it this time. I still have a Gold Mario that no one wants. It's like trying to sell lemonade in a rainstorm.

levyjl1988

Banned
I missed the Silver Mario preorder :(

Hopefully it's not rare.

Also I don't think the short stock from Nintendo is deliberate.
I think Nintendo is quite incompetent actually.
There are more pissed off Nintendo fans than Ubisoft fans and EA fans.

this so hard....i don't know why i ordered one...

Cancel or ship it to levyjl1988

I'm not falling for it this time. I still have a Gold Mario that no one wants. It's like trying to sell lemonade in a rainstorm.

It's only common in NA though. People in Europe are clamoring for it. Check out the EU amiibo thread and look if you can find a taker there.

I missed the Silver Mario preorder :(

Hopefully it's not rare.

ahdurian ordered one he doesn't want.

Top Bottom