• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

Sorry I haven't been able to alert much today, busy at work and only had time to get my orders in.

Got all Wave 5 (ZSS, Ganondorf, Dark Pit and Palutena) along with the 3 Wool Yoshis (Green, Blue and Pink).

Missed out on trying to get a back up Greninja and Jigglypuff.

Damn good day!

How much were the 3 Wool Yoshis? Gratz!

How much were the 3 Wool Yoshis? Gratz!

It was 7 total amiibo (4 from Wave 5 and the 3 Yoshi ones) and it came to $24 per amiibo.

I chatted with Amazon UK support to only charge me for 1 shipping cost as I had to do 3 separate orders due to their staggered launch on the site and I didn't want to try cancelling and reordering.

Given that one amiibo in Canada is $18.10 with tax (in Ontario at least where I am), that is only $6 more. Not bad at all.

REDUCE SHIPPING PRICE FROM AMAZON UK FOR MULTIPLE ORDERS

I ended up placing 3 orders today from Amazon UK from the various pre-orders that went live today.

Order 1 - Blue and Green Yoshi
Order 2 - Pink Yoshi (wasn't available for international shipping until much later than the other 2)
Order 3 - Wave 5 (ZSS, Ganondorf, Palutena, Dark Pit)

Each had a shipping charge since they went live in a staggered manner, so I used the support chat on Amazon UK and they waived the shipping charge on 2 of the 3 orders. So I am only paying the 6 pounds for one order.

So each one comes to $24.35 CAN ($20.27 USD) per amiibo, keep in mind that the Yarn Yoshis are more expensive than the regular ones. An amiibo with tax in Ontario, Canada comes to $18.10 CAN, so that is only $6 more per amiibo, not bad at all!

Woohoo!

REDUCE SHIPPING PRICE FROM AMAZON UK FOR MULTIPLE ORDERS

I ended up placing 3 orders today from Amazon UK from the various pre-orders that went live today.

Order 1 - Blue and Green Yoshi
Order 2 - Pink Yoshi (wasn't available for international shipping until much later than the other 2)
Order 3 - Wave 5 (ZSS, Ganondorf, Palutena, Dark Pit)

Each had a shipping charge since they went live in a staggered manner, so I used the support chat on Amazon UK and they waived the shipping charge on 2 of the 3 orders. So I am only paying the 6 pounds for one order.

So each one comes to $24.35 CAN ($20.27 USD) per amiibo, keep in mind that the Yarn Yoshis are more expensive than the regular ones. An amiibo with tax in Ontario, Canada comes to $18.10 CAN, so that is only $6 more per amiibo, not bad at all!

Woohoo!

Any chance you end up paying duty and taxes when they come in?

i-Jest

This is the first time I've ever wanted a display stand for Amiibo. If Nintendo capitalized off this type of thing they''d be rolling in more money. This thing puts my collectors bug into overdrive.

10818726_10152421832371363_2128749107_n-e1416839242316.png

Article: http://www.thetanooki.com/2014/11/24/this-amiibo-stand-is-your-final-destination/

Zing

Banned
My Lucina and Robin have shipped from Japan. The thing is, I don't even care anymore. I preordered these at the peak of my Codename STEAM hype, and thought it would be cool to have all four Fire Emblem Amiibo as a team in Smash Bros. I've been having fun with Amiibo in Smash still, but have completely lost interest in the Fire Emblem crew.

I'm still hoping for Greninja, Palutena, and Jiggypuff, but then I'm done. I'll have a total of 12 Amiibo.

As for the dirt common Gold Mario, I ended up selling all four of mine to someone in Germany for $40 each. I was just happy to get rid of them without having to go back to Walmart for a refund.

I kept one other just in case it can trade for something later.

zroid

Banned
So Palutena and Dark Pit come out in July huh...pre-orders where :(

edit: also the fact that they are doing a mini-wave with just two amiibo either means they are dedicating more attention to make sure they're more easily available, or they will just be quietly released and disappear in minutes with nary a trace

So Palutena and Dark Pit come out in July huh...pre-orders where :(

edit: also the fact that they are doing a mini-wave with just two amiibo either means they are dedicating more attention to make sure they're more easily available, or they will just be quietly released and disappear in minutes with nary a trace

1 of each per store and without notice on a random day in July.

MDR1750

Neo Member
Toronto gaf:

I got an extra meta knight (North American box) and lucario (Europe box). Looking to trade either one for a gold mario. Meet up at Toronto Eaton centre only.

Boxes are in excellent condition. No creases, dents or other cosmetic damage. I would want a gold mario in a box without creases or obvious dents.

PM if interested.

Seik

Banned
So, yeah, if anyone have extra Amiibos from Wave 4 to sell, hit me up.

I have NONE. :(

Do want them all, especially Ness.

espher

Just checked my e-mail. Apparently got a notification from Amazon oh 5+ hours ago (so 4 AM AST, which is pretty sweet) that Lucina, Charizard, and Wario were back up for pre-order. Gone now, of course.

Anyone here lucky enough to pounce on one?

Just checked my e-mail. Apparently got a notification from Amazon oh 5+ hours ago (so 4 AM AST, which is pretty sweet) that Lucina, Charizard, and Wario were back up for pre-order. Gone now, of course.

Anyone here lucky enough to pounce on one?

I got this too!

Saw it when I woke up, hasn't been reported anywhere here or Reddit. Weird.

Those amazon notifications last night were false, I was awake when it was sent and nothing was on amazon aside from $90 scalper editions lol. Not sure why we got sent those emails.

Begbie

Has anyone received any updates on their walmart.ca order? I just noticed that the shipping method says the following:

Standard
(3-7 days to most regions)
[Estimated arrival Mon, 04/27/2015]

I thought these were scheduled for release in the end of May? Does anyone else's Walmart indicate this and if so do you have a tracking #?

ahdurian

havent been keeping up with the Amiibo craze since Wave 2....

has there been any NA site/retailer with preorders for the Yarn Yoshis?

Top Bottom