• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

Does it have tracking. I'm concerned it may not be delivered to my house. I want that peace of mind.

I have ordered Wft, marth, samus and fox from Buch.de. Shipping took a while, no tracking, but it arrived after around 3 weeks after it shipped. One amiibo was damaged and they gave me my money back.

levyjl1988

Banned
I have ordered Wft, marth, samus and fox from Buch.de. Shipping took a while, no tracking, but it arrived after around 3 weeks after it shipped. One amiibo was damaged and they gave me my money back.

Can they cancel preorders? I ordered quite lot of amiibos, I'm not sure if they can supply them especially with all that limited quantities stuff.

levyjl1988

Banned

Also do they charge my credit card right away or until they ship out the items?

espher

fwiw, Charizard/Wario pre-orders still 'up' on The Source. Robin/Lucina still on 'coming soon'.

Took my chances since I haven't secured any elsewhere.

Brofield

So, double checking with EB Games, my pre-orders for Splatoon, Charizard and Pac-Man are secure. Do you guys think I should cancel my Amazon backup? I fully expect these to be common, and I don't want to lose money from shipping.

Villager 1.0 is still going to garner more money even after the reprint. And here's why...

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/05/02/villager-amiibo-reprints-in-japan-feature-minor-tweaks

villageramiiboreprint.jpg

zroid

Banned
basically the eyes and mouth are smaller, that's about it

they should have done that and then moved the whole face up a couple millimetres and it'd be perfect, but the reprint still looks a lot closer to the official render than the original version

Also do they charge my credit card right away or until they ship out the items?

They charge when they ship. They charge shipping on the first shipment (mine was a single Marth). I had ordered some back-ordered/shipping in 3+ weeks amiibos (Pit and Captain Falcon), which they still have not and will most likely not ship, but they don't cancel it.

Statement from nintendo:

We appreciate the enthusiasm that our fans continue to show toward amiibo. Sales for the product have exceeded our expectations. We understand how frustrating it can be at times if consumers are unable to find certain figures, and we apologize for that. We’re trying to meet the demands of our fans and consumers by increasing the amount of amiibo we manufacture and ship to retail. We may continue to see consumer demand outpace supply levels for certain characters at times, but we will do our best to prevent that from happening.
As our library of amiibo continues to grow, some figures will be easier to find than others. We are constantly looking for the opportunity to reissue amiibo and are already making plans to bring back some currently out-of-stock amiibo figures. Stay tuned for details.
Nintendo plans to make it easier for consumers to know when new amiibo are on the way, through Nintendo press announcements, timely updates on our social media channels and working closely with retailers.
We remain committed to keeping amiibo affordable and easy to access as a platform to enhance game-play experiences. These plans include Animal Crossing amiibo cards that will become available by the end of 2015, and a free-to-download app for Wii U called amiibo tap: Nintendo’s Greatest Bits that launched on April 30, 2015, that lets consumers enjoy playable scenes from certain NES and Super NES games with amiibo.

Haven't seen Amiibos at my local Shoppers.

Also have noticed that retailers are keeping two pricing tiers for Amiibos. I guess MP Mario and newer will be $15.99.

zroid

Banned
nice. both Robin and Lucina look surprisingly good. I'm glad the faces were fixed after the Marth and Ike debacle

apparently the Marth reprint's face is similar to the way Robin and Lucina are

Begbie

I got a preorder in when they were up before but when I spoke to them on the phone to confirm the order status they are indicting it is out of scope and it may be cancelled, doesn't make any sense.. also their estimated arrival date was showing April 27 which was way off

Product Qty Item price Shipping
method Tax code Total price
Lucina amiibo 1 $15.96 Standard
(3-7 days to most regions)
[Estimated arrival Mon, 04/27/2015] J $15.96
Robin amiibo 1 $15.96 Standard
Jiggly Puff amiibo 1 $15.96 Standard

I got a preorder in when they were up before but when I spoke to them on the phone to confirm the order status they are indicting it is out of scope and it may be cancelled, doesn't make any sense.. also their estimated arrival date was showing April 27 which was way off

Product Qty Item price Shipping
method Tax code Total price
Lucina amiibo 1 $15.96 Standard
Robin amiibo 1 $15.96 Standard
Jiggly Puff amiibo 1 $15.96 Standard

They have confirmed on Twitter that any ordered that received a delayed email with the "28 days cancellation" thing will be fulfilled and not to worry. I would call their customer service line to be sure, I did and it was noted on the order that it would be fulfilled and not cancelled.

Begbie

They have confirmed on Twitter that any ordered that received a delayed email with the "28 days cancellation" thing will be fulfilled and not to worry. I would call their customer service line to be sure, I did and it was noted on the order that it would be fulfilled and not cancelled.

That's a relief! Would be nice to know if the people in the call center knew that.

Ondore

Trying to track down who and what it would mean for us, but it seems Palutena might be retail exclusive.

nottuthisshittuagain.png

Trying to track down who and what it would mean for us, but it seems Palutena might be retail exclusive.

nottuthisshittuagain.png

So...according to rumors and stores SKU lists, Ganondorf won't be available at Gamestop and Palutena won't be available at Best Buy.

I've been checking in here sporadically, what's the situation with tracking down a Ness in Canada?

I've got doubles of Shulk and a couple others if anyone is looking to trade a spare Ness.

Oh weird so the reprints definitely look different. Either way I hope they make it to retail so I can get them all without it costing me $1000 from scalpers lol

Top Bottom